Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wifes leg smells like gas, what to do?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 06:59 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

make more left turns

Old 09-02-2012, 07:24 PM
oaken1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

she sniffs her leg while riding bitch....damn....flexible, yes?

Old 09-02-2012, 07:28 PM
lumper
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

buy her some chaps and bring along some nice smelling lotion for her leg when you stop.
Or do what I did when my wife would complain about the bike, get her her own bike, done.
The seat hurts, there's no where to hold on, its hot, its loud, my leg smells like gas, arg!! here ride this its all yours.
done.
Happy wife, happy me.
Lump

Old 09-02-2012, 07:32 PM
Cormac22
Intermediate

Figured that would get some attention. Left leg smells like leg and cranberry Dial soap. Right smells like un-burned raw gas. The exhaust is a vance&hines 2-in-1 that dumps well behind said leg. Carbon build up in the pipe is normal, and the plugs aren't reading rich, at least not blatantly rich. There WERE some major intake leaks, they are all fixed now, but the problem persists. The reason I was considering the A/C was that I thought this might be caused by fuel stand-off getting blown out of the current stock A/C. Thus an A/C with no openings to the rear would keep the stand-off where it belongs...

Lumper, that sounds really familiar... only she won't even try to learn to ride.

Old 09-02-2012, 07:39 PM
JetskiMark
Advanced

My first thought when I read the thread title was, "Try some Beano." or "Time for a new wife that doesn't leak gas."

There are some humorous replies here.

Does your bike have a Keihin carb with the original plastic fuel inlet elbow?

Name:  uJeX2.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  9.1 KB

If so, those are known to crack and leak. I just replaced the one on my carb with a solid brass version when I rebuilt it. Mine was cracked. I was able to twist mine out with a pair of vise grips.

There is a replacement tutorial here.

You also might have a little gas coming out of your carb overflow tube. Perhaps the needle is not always seating properly or the float level might be too high. I would also check the fuel line and the hose clamps.

Old 09-02-2012, 07:57 PM
Cormac22
Intermediate

It had the plastic inlet, that got busted and replaced at the same time the intakes got sealed up.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:03 PM
ThePunster
Advanced

Originally Posted by keeferfish
What's her left leg smell like?
Doh! You beat me to it!

Old 09-02-2012, 08:52 PM
lumper
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cormac, true story,
The wife said no way, I cant figure all that out shifting here clutch over there, she actually cried, lol.

After she calmed down I bought a nighthawk 650 and put it my truck and took her to an industrial parking lot near our home.

I put up some cones and I ran the bike myself real slow through all the cones, I set it up like the test here in CT

Anyway I ran it twice making her laugh as I did.
Then I put her on the bike and I sat behind her, I put my hands over hers on the controls and we sat in place for about 5 minutes while I explained the gears, and showed her the clutch, I taught her that as long as you pull in the clutch there is no drive, you are in neutral so if you get nervous or arent sure or anything , just pull that sucker in and apply your rear breaks.

Anyway after 5 minutes of showing her how easy it was to do that and how manageable the bike was I drove in a few circles with her still in the drivers seat.
This way she could feel it shift, feel the rpms, etc.. and sort of put it all together.

After a few minutes I got off.
She started the bike, dropped first and drove it like she had already learned how to drive.
She again cried, ugh girls, but these were tears of joy I am told.

anywho she learned in that parking lot on that bike in an hour how to ried a motorcycle.
A week later after she played with the nighthawk everyday after work I surprised her with a Buell blast 500 in yellow.
It had 2000 miles on the tires still had those little nipples on them, I mean this thing was immaculate and brand new, paid 2800 cash.

You would have thought I bought he an ultra classic cvo she was in heaven, loved it, I was again best husband ever!
after that any yellow bike we saw was just like hers to her, lol.what a pain n the butt.

Anyway she played on that bike for about a month with a permit,
She tested in the rain the day before we were leaving for 10 days of riding and she passed one try, the guy in front of her dropped his bike and was sent home, so she was really nervous, had her little helmet on, rain gear, gloves, etc.. the tester looked at her and said, you know you dont have to do this, you can come back another time when it isnt raining, she said, hope lets do it.

lol it was very cute, but she did it, and she feels so much better for it.
Now when she rides it is with a huuge smile and a big thank you to me, plus I got her off my back, literally.

That trip we went on was to Americade ralley in Lake George NY and then over to the second half of Bike week Laconia, usually the wildest time there and always rains.

Well it didnt rain while we were there much, it did in NY the whole time though.

So when the sun came out we rode through Meridith to the strip, there was a newspaper guy taking pictures and you know he saw my wife coming a mile away, on her little blast, with her harley bones helmet, lol she ended up in their magazine for woman riders.
I highly recommend taking an approach that makes it easy and fun and brings you together and you can get your girl on two wheels, and when you do, no more looking for excuses to ride, she will be bugging you, lets go riding and when she cant, she is like, look it is nice out, I cant go but you should take the bike and go for a ride, cause she knows how much fun it is and harmless compared to other things we could do,

So all in all it was the best move I ever made, and I sincerely mean this, we never had more fun together as a couple than we did on that trip, we were so close and had so many good encounters it was well worth all the effort and money, I just want to go do it again soon.
Lump

Old 09-02-2012, 09:17 PM
sask1
Cruiser

"left leg smells like leg and cranberry dial soap".....That made my night thanks...

Old 09-03-2012, 08:23 AM
JohnFlorida
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If her left leg smells like flint dont enter her in any races

Quick Reply: Wifes leg smells like gas, what to do?