Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Put a deposit on a FatBob today!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 11:33 AM
! rock103 !
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 174 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by HyperM3
Haha, I just love the look of the big fat tire up front. The wide glide is sexy but I just cant.

Regarding exhaust, I see people who get quiet baffles on theirs. Is that an option usually to add to the V&H exhaust or does it have to be ordered with it already in there?
Right on, i prefer the skinny tire. As far as the baffles, you just order the quiet baffles seperately and swap them during install. I wanted the louder, deeper tone and performance of the Big City Thunder original monster baffles myself.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:34 AM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by HyperM3
Thats funny because I just spoke with the manager and he said people are running fine with just pipes all day long. Might get some popping under decel but thats nothing. He said just do the tune after I upgrade the breather.
I would not recommend the HD Stage 1 download. Save that $$ and put it into a real fuel tuner.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:04 PM
HyperM3
Road Captain
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

If I order the full exhaust, not just the slip-ons, is this something I can install myself? Im pretty good with a wrench but I dont know these bikes at all.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:31 PM
spankdog
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats on the new bike. Youre going to love it. Exhaust installs are pretty easy. Just dont tighten any bolts until you have it all put together. Just loosely install it and then begin torquing to spec from the cylinder head back.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:44 PM
HyperM3
Road Captain

Originally Posted by spankdog
Congrats on the new bike. Youre going to love it. Exhaust installs are pretty easy. Just dont tighten any bolts until you have it all put together. Just loosely install it and then begin torquing to spec from the cylinder head back.
Cool, thanks for the quick reply. So I dont have to remove too many parts or employ a tiny-handed individual to get into spaces in order to install this?

Old 05-16-2013, 12:50 PM
spankdog
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The rear cylinder head is kinda tight but not horrible. Just take your time and try not to get fustrated. The cooling fins are sharp so be careful and some painters tape around the exhaust is a good idea to keep it from getting scratched up. Dont forget to use a lil anti seize on your O2 sensors and retorque all your bolts after a few heating and cooling cycles.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:58 PM
lockingnut
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did the exact same thing. Had a 2000 XL1200S and traded it in on a 2008 Fatbob. You can go anywhere, do anything on it. I did the Dragon 2 summer's ago, Denver area to North Carolina and back, 3200 miles. I was gone eleven Days, a couple 500mi days but mostly 400. I had back problems but it wasn't due to the bike. I was "good enough" comfortable the whole way. I'd do it again in a flash.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:58 PM
! rock103 !
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 174 Likes on 84 Posts

All good advise and info, you can change those pipes out yourself. And if you have any questions there are pleanty of folks here that will help you out.

Old 05-16-2013, 01:32 PM
ebeattie
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 28 Posts

Taking off the battery box cover really helps access to the rear exhaust header. The factory shields on the header pipe gotta come of first to get to the nuts as well, other than that, its seriously easy install. Id recommend getting a fuel tuner and intake when you get you pipes. For 90% of us, its all youll need.

Welcome to the fatbob club. They are one of the best motorcyles hd has ever produced!

Old 05-16-2013, 01:32 PM
HyperM3
Road Captain

Originally Posted by spankdog
The rear cylinder head is kinda tight but not horrible. Just take your time and try not to get fustrated. The cooling fins are sharp so be careful and some painters tape around the exhaust is a good idea to keep it from getting scratched up. Dont forget to use a lil anti seize on your O2 sensors and retorque all your bolts after a few heating and cooling cycles.
Awesome advice with the painters tape. You guys are great already. Really appreciate the warm welcome. I look forward to posting mod pics as I play with her a little.

Quick Reply: Put a deposit on a FatBob today!