Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Put a deposit on a FatBob today!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 01:01 PM
HyperM3
Road Captain
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Tampakingpin
Well, I am short a little information. Is the bike brand new? I would not go changing up the functioning of the bike before I broke it in or before I understood the impact on my warranty.

When I switched to the race tuner, exhaust, and new air breather (plus tuning) it made my bike alot better in a number of ways, but I also believe it voided my warranty. On some of my other rides, I will wait the couple of warranty years before making the changes. Others might have more information on this. Some say it has to stay harley parts but I could understand if you alter the working style of the engine that it might impact your warranty.

Welcome to the family and good luck. Black denim is the best!
Yes, buying brand new. Ive never had a vehicle that didnt have mods in the garage waiting for it before it got home. Only thing I care about warranties for are recalls basically. If something breaks, it has to be directly correlated to the part that I put on. Ive never seen any motor vehicle lose a warranty because of an exhaust or intake. Reprogramming the ECU is a different story.

I think the first thing Im going to do is just exhaust because I just need to get rid of all that chrome. I just dont know if I want the 2-1 or 2-2.

Old 05-18-2013, 01:46 AM
HYPR
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by HyperM3
Awesome stuff! So you changed your exhaust from the V&H to the Bassani? Ive seen that exhaust around here more and more. What's better about it? Ive read the customer service leaves a little to be desired. Whats a SEPRT? Also, Ive read about that true track thing too, does that make a noticable difference right away? Is it like putting stiffer sway bars on a street car?

PS-Great profile name
V&H vs Bassani Road Rage II basically it's a matter of power and 2:1 make more power and the 2:2 sound cool. Regarding customer support, I found exactly the opposite. One call and was told precisely what part number to order and it bolted right up.
SEPRT=Screaming Eagle Performance Race Tuner which offers your Dyno tuner a wider range of tuning options. This was recommended by my tuner, Drew at Firebreathing Industries

True Track, quite simply it did what it claimed to do. Prior to installation the bike had some handling issues when pushed hard, for example on a fast down hill increasing radius right curve when the power was applied at the apex, the bike wanted to turn to the outside of the curve due to torque. This is due in part because the swing arm is attached to the engine. The True Track tighten up the frame with no negative effects to ride comfort. It is just a matter of fine tuning a nice bike helping the frame to be more neutral. To compare it in car terms, it is more like frame connectors installed in a early Camaro, makes a well handling car handle much tighter and better.
The FXDF is a fine platform which responds well to some minor improvements. You will have fun making it your own.
BTW, all my mods are within warranty coverage using HD parts except the cams but no one can tell. I have not experienced any issues with HD dealers in the area welcoming service on my bike under warranty.
Bob

Last edited by HYPR; 05-18-2013 at 01:50 AM.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:56 AM
Sgt7212
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats HyperM3! The Fat Bob is an excellent choice. So it the denim black and getting ride of the chrome. You're going to love your Fat Bob. Mine is a constant work in progress.

Old 05-18-2013, 07:40 AM
HyperM3
Road Captain

Originally Posted by HYPR
V&H vs Bassani Road Rage II basically it's a matter of power and 2:1 make more power and the 2:2 sound cool. Regarding customer support, I found exactly the opposite. One call and was told precisely what part number to order and it bolted right up.
SEPRT=Screaming Eagle Performance Race Tuner which offers your Dyno tuner a wider range of tuning options. This was recommended by my tuner, Drew at Firebreathing Industries

True Track, quite simply it did what it claimed to do. Prior to installation the bike had some handling issues when pushed hard, for example on a fast down hill increasing radius right curve when the power was applied at the apex, the bike wanted to turn to the outside of the curve due to torque. This is due in part because the swing arm is attached to the engine. The True Track tighten up the frame with no negative effects to ride comfort. It is just a matter of fine tuning a nice bike helping the frame to be more neutral. To compare it in car terms, it is more like frame connectors installed in a early Camaro, makes a well handling car handle much tighter and better.
The FXDF is a fine platform which responds well to some minor improvements. You will have fun making it your own.
BTW, all my mods are within warranty coverage using HD parts except the cams but no one can tell. I have not experienced any issues with HD dealers in the area welcoming service on my bike under warranty.
Bob
Thanks for answering all that for me. Best part of all that is your name is Bob.

Old 05-18-2013, 11:24 AM
HyperM3
Road Captain

Just so everyone knows where I'm coming from, this what Im currently riding. Debated on trading it in but it serves its own purpose so Im keeping it alongside the Fatty.

Attached Thumbnails Put a deposit on a FatBob today!-diavel1.jpg  
Old 05-18-2013, 01:31 PM
ebeattie
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 28 Posts

DOOONNNTTTTT get rid of the Duc! Both the Harley and Duc have different rides and styles! Let the Duc be your canyone carver, and the Harley can be for everything else!

Great looking Duc there man!

Old 05-18-2013, 11:05 PM
HYPR
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by HyperM3
Just so everyone knows where I'm coming from, this what Im currently riding. Debated on trading it in but it serves its own purpose so Im keeping it alongside the Fatty.
First off the Duc and the Fat Bob will be a really nice pair!
Regarding the name Bob, yep thought about calling my modded/morphed Fatty a Road Bob instead of a Fat Glide, but then there is that thing about me being straight which changed that and quick (didn't want anyone getting the wrong idea)!
Bob