Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Fat Bob, first Harley, figuring it out!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 06:05 PM
Rokdktr
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Fat Bob, first Harley, figuring it out!

I made a little intro post to start with, but I've got more bike specific questions here to ask, newbish, but bear with me. please.

Bike: 2013 Fat Bob, Midnight Pearl. Did a stage 1 with a black VH Pro-Pipe, SE tuner, black Heavy Breather intake with a black billet cover.

Switched out the fender supports for the black ones from HD, got a black sissy bar with backrest and rack for the rear end, quick release. Switched out the levers to black, and switched out the grips. Got a new, louder horn coming as well, in black.

I like chrome, but I like a balance of it with the black, not sure how this is gonna turn out but we'll see.

As far as function goes, I can use some tips. Windshield is not a big issue for me, I'm used to streetfighters and my KTM SE and SM, so no problem there, although I will ge there someday I suppose.

I like a quick release bag, but am not sure which ones work with the QD Sissy bar rack hardware. I'd rather not relocate the signals so it leaves me with smaller bag options, which is fine. I'm thinking errands in the city or quick 4-6 hour daytrips.

Are there options? What about a quality, tough leather throw over? No junk, I don't mind paying for quality. I'm not really a flashy bike guy, so low jey is great. I really dont even care how the bags look as long as they are really tough. No plastic though, I've done the crotch rocket thing, and I'm not there anymore.

Thanks for tips in advance!

Old 06-02-2013, 08:02 PM
Austin Dave
Road Master

Check-out FoxCreek Leathers for bags, other stuff. Great products and nice prices too.

Old 06-04-2013, 06:44 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 167 Posts

Subscribed.....

Old 06-04-2013, 09:01 PM
Shaved Ice
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 45 Posts

As a Fat Bob owner, I am pretty sure I read you don't need to relocate turn signals with saddle bags.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:19 PM
TomboAT65
Tourer
Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Check out Bad&G customs bags, great quality and good people.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:08 PM
HYPR
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Rokdktr, first off, general forum rules are "no pictures it doesn't exist". Hint is post some pictures of your ride and win friends.
For saddle bags check out Saddlemen's line of saddlebags. I have a buddy who has their Cruis-N-Slant with plain twist lock clasps. They look cool, clean and lock onto the bike. What is cool is the mounts are part of the bag so when the bags are removed all that is left are some bolts which look similar to the quick release sissy bar mounts.
http://www.saddlemen.com/products/k2...ags-jumbo.html

Bob

Last edited by HYPR; 06-04-2013 at 11:18 PM.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:53 PM
ebeattie
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 28 Posts

BTW Rokdktr, HYPR's bike IS a fatbob with some HELLA sick mods done to it. That thing is f'n bitchin!

Old 06-05-2013, 08:07 AM
HyperM3
Road Captain
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Definitely post some pics. Im a new Fatbob owner as well and would like to see what other people are doing to theirs. Oh, welcome to the forum.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:34 PM
Rokdktr
6th Gear

Originally Posted by HYPR
Rokdktr, first off, general forum rules are "no pictures it doesn't exist". Hint is post some pictures of your ride and win friends.
For saddle bags check out Saddlemen's line of saddlebags. I have a buddy who has their Cruis-N-Slant with plain twist lock clasps. They look cool, clean and lock onto the bike. What is cool is the mounts are part of the bag so when the bags are removed all that is left are some bolts which look similar to the quick release sissy bar mounts.
http://www.saddlemen.com/products/k2...ags-jumbo.html

Bob
Yeah I know...Friday is delivery day so there will be plenty after that! Showroom pictures just are not the same as outside in real light. And I havent eve seen it yet with any mods. Pics to come.

Thanks for the info on the bags, I'm looking into them now!

Old 06-06-2013, 12:50 AM
HYPR
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

My buddy is selling his Heritage and here are what the bags look like.
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...852286095.html

Bob

Quick Reply: New Fat Bob, first Harley, figuring it out!