Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob Shock Upgrade: Progressssive 970's vs. Ohlin's 215/219's

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 12:10 PM
dr0
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fat Bob Shock Upgrade: Progressssive 970's vs. Ohlin's 215/219's

I'm in the market for some new shocks for my 2012 FatBob. I want reservoir shocks, cause I like the look and performance that they offer, which kind of brings it down to the two brands and models mentioned.

The Progressive brand in general seems to have a pretty loyal user base. I found this thread:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...mendation.html

And "ynots" thoughfully posted a nice picture of the 970s.

The spec lists the progressivve as 12.5" vs. the 12.0" stock length.

I'm wondering if anyone has tried the Ohlin's version?

They list two versions, one an inch longer than the other.
the model HD 215 at 13 3/8+-1/8 length and the model HD 219 at 12+1/4 inch length.

While expensive they do have a great rep in the performance bike world. And they are nice and blingy.

Anybody have a pic of the longer Ohlin's on a bike? Particularly the longer model? By my back of the envelope calculations it will raise the rear end a little less than an inch. I'd probably like the extra shock travel, but wonder if it's gonna look like a dirt bike with those on it.

Any first hand experience with running 13" shocks on a Dyna, and especially pictures would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:24 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

I avhe as et of JRI's in 13.25 for sale. They are better than Ohlins. Talk to Howard at Motorcycle Metal for all the specs but they are more adjustable and look better than the Ohlins in my opinion. I am only selling them to fund my bagger project. They are the "G" version. I'll make you a killer deal and they will stomp either of the other shocks you are looking at.
http://www.motorcyclemetal.com/gpage39.html

I ran two different progressive shocks on my Sporty and neither rode the way I wanted. I was disappointed for sure with those.

Old 06-13-2013, 02:06 PM
dr0
Novice

Originally Posted by Hogpro
I avhe as et of JRI's in 13.25 for sale. They are better than Ohlins. Talk to Howard at Motorcycle Metal for all the specs but they are more adjustable and look better than the Ohlins in my opinion. I am only selling them to fund my bagger project. They are the "G" version. I'll make you a killer deal and they will stomp either of the other shocks you are looking at.

I ran two different progressive shocks on my Sporty and neither rode the way I wanted. I was disappointed for sure with those.
Are they the Piggyback style? I said "remote" above but meant piggyback. Do you have a picture of the actual shocks either on or off the bike? What kind of bike did you have them on?

The shocks shown in the link you posted are very nice looking and appear well made.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:39 PM
otaramc
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Hogpro

Will they fit 2oo9 fatbob?