Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Fairing Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 10:35 PM
Jlongshore
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks mouth!!

Old 08-03-2013, 07:33 AM
Rob911
Novice

hijack!

i was speaking with a seller on amazon and when i asked is the fairing the same as in the picture the below the response i got was

"The windshield you sent me that is on the SOA bike, is actually a Harley OEM fairing. These fairings made by Arlen Ness are very similar but not the exact same as the OEM Harley version sleeks back a bit."

http://motorcycleppf.com/wp-content/...chy-bike-2.jpg

is this guy high on crack or something as when they did the "making of the bikes documentary" they clearly said on there it was an arlen ness fairing.

without trying to sound like a complete d*** now but why is this such a hard concept to get a clear answer on from people who sell the fairings. I provide a picture and say i want this, surely it should be as simple as yes not a problem here you go....

Old 08-03-2013, 07:41 AM
outlaw16
Cruiser
Default Rifle fairing (Black)

Vivid black SG with black rifle roadster fairing direct from rifle without the color match

Attached Thumbnails Dyna Fairing Help-dyna_small.jpg  
Old 08-03-2013, 08:37 AM
sonnydaze
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob911
hijack!

i was speaking with a seller on amazon and when i asked is the fairing the same as in the picture the below the response i got was

"The windshield you sent me that is on the SOA bike, is actually a Harley OEM fairing. These fairings made by Arlen Ness are very similar but not the exact same as the OEM Harley version sleeks back a bit."

http://motorcycleppf.com/wp-content/...chy-bike-2.jpg

is this guy high on crack or something as when they did the "making of the bikes documentary" they clearly said on there it was an arlen ness fairing.

without trying to sound like a complete d*** now but why is this such a hard concept to get a clear answer on from people who sell the fairings. I provide a picture and say i want this, surely it should be as simple as yes not a problem here you go....
that is the ness fairing for narrow glide front ends in your link

Old 08-03-2013, 09:17 AM
heckfrozeover
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The bike in the picture in your link is from SOA seasons 1-4. It's an FXDX and has the narrow glide Ness fairing, mounted using the brackets in the kit plus the Harley front turn signal relocation brackets, part number 68517-94A, that attach to the triple clamp pinch bolts. The sides of the Ness fairing have been trimmed a bit, which is common.

In season 5 of SOA, they changed bikes. The main character's new bike uses the HD 1/4 fairing. That's probably what causes confusion.

Here are more pictures of the Ness fairing on the SOA bike. You can see the stock Ness mounting hardware better on the front views, where it attaches to the inside of the headlamp portion. I've also included a picture of the HD front turn signal relo kit.

Attached Thumbnails Dyna Fairing Help-wild1-w0563-ness-fairing.jpg   Dyna Fairing Help-wild1-w0563-ness-fairing-2.jpg   Dyna Fairing Help-68517-94a.jpg  
Old 08-03-2013, 09:22 AM
heckfrozeover
Cruiser

Here are two pictures of a different bike with the Ness fairing mounted the same way as the SOA bike, only without the turn signals attached. They better show the mounting method and the side trimmed (bigger radius curve).

Attached Thumbnails Dyna Fairing Help-img_0602.jpg   Dyna Fairing Help-0812_hblp_03_z-2004_harley_davidson_dyna-handlebars.jpg  
Old 08-03-2013, 09:42 AM
heckfrozeover
Cruiser

While almost everyone here will agree on the fairing quality differences, opinions on looks are highly subjective. Some like the looks of the HD fairing, some like the Rifle, some the Ness, and some think they all look bad. They each have unique shapes.

The HD fairing is more round, and its curves are seashell-like. The Rifle is wide, and its back edges are more straight. The narrow-glide Ness is narrow, and with its thinner construction, the back edges can be easily trimmed more round.

You'll notice the Ness fairing looks narrower on some bikes than others, from the front. That's due to the various mounting methods. Using the HD front turn signal relo brackets pushes the back of the Ness fairing a bit wider, which some people desire.

Here's one with the wider mount and one that appears narrower. Same fairing, different mounting methods.

Attached Thumbnails Dyna Fairing Help-img_0656.jpg   Dyna Fairing Help-tues016.jpg  
Old 08-03-2013, 11:02 AM
Rob911
Novice

Cheers heck your input is much appreciated, could you do me a favour and provide me a link to the fairing and kit so i know exactly that i am purchasing the right one i dont think there are any UK sites but if you could scan for me it would be appreciated.

Old 08-03-2013, 12:48 PM
sonnydaze
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

heres one with out mount kit , its the one I have and the one in your link to jaxs bike .
http://www.jpcycles.com/product/751-129

Old 08-05-2013, 07:00 AM
heckfrozeover
Cruiser

Search for "06-041 kit" in eBay or "06-041" on Amazon. The ones that say "kit" include the mounting brackets. There's an open box one on eBay right now for $149.