Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Fairing Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 05:10 PM
Rob911
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyna Fairing Help

Hi all from Windsor UK!

I was reluctant to post this thread and used the search function but really struggling with finding a fairing that fits my bike or a website that stocks it.

Ive recently purchased a 2004 dyna fxdxi and spent some money on getting it blacked out.

I really like the sons of anarchy style fairing (arlen ness) but struggling to find somewhere stocking one to fit my model.

Or in fact i wouldnt mind this one below

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/963595soa.png

If anyone can help and provide me with some website links to either of these that will supply to the UK it would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys hopefully someone can help

Old 07-31-2013, 06:37 PM
Spanners39
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 452 Likes on 257 Posts
Old 07-31-2013, 08:08 PM
slozomby
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you might have a little fiddling to with mounting but that should be it.

otherwise search for mini fairing or quarter fairing.

Old 08-01-2013, 04:21 AM
Rob911
Novice

Thanks guys but I think the one on eBay fits the 49mm forks rather than the 39 I have, any ideas on the fairing in the pic is it a quarter fairing, looks a little diff, thanks

Old 08-01-2013, 05:44 AM
heckfrozeover
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Arlen Ness fairing that fits your bike is part number 06-041. You can search for either the part number or "arlen ness narrow glide". There are two versions, one being a kit that includes 39mm brackets pictured below. They sell for ~$175 unpainted. Almost every reseller has them, including JP, Dennis Kirk, and eBay. I found the best price through Amazon. Some people also add a front turn signal relocation kit for two more bolt points for a more secure mounting.

The fairing in the picture from your link is the Harley 1/4 fairing. IIRC, they sell for ~$400 painted black. They're also available unpainted, just primed. You can order the kit through a dealer with all mounting hardware necessary for your 39mm front end. It's a higher quality than the Ness fairing, but the shape is completely different. Some people like it, some don't. Same goes for any fairing, of course.

Attached Thumbnails Dyna Fairing Help-06-041.jpg   Dyna Fairing Help-an-bracket.jpg  

Last edited by heckfrozeover; 08-01-2013 at 05:47 AM.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:33 PM
Rob911
Novice

i spoke to a few of those sites and told them my model of dyna and they said they didnt have any that fit.... arlen ness did recommend the one you said and confirmed it is the model to fit.

in regards to the harley one i looked on there UK catalgoue and again it said wouldnt fit my model. do you know any sites that are selling the HD quarter fairing and available to the uk?

thanks

Old 08-02-2013, 06:32 AM
heckfrozeover
Cruiser

I've got a 2005 FXDXi and I ran into the same thing with quite a few vendors. The issue is the "i" in FXDXi. Their websites incorrectly omit the FXDXi models from parts compatibility for a lot of items. You'll run into the same thing with seats, exhausts, and a bunch of other parts that have nothing to do with the intake or fuel system. It's a common error across multiple vendors, so they must share a common incorrect parts cross-reference database.

Search instead for parts for a 2004 FXDX, and they'll all come up correctly.

Only search for FXDXi if you're looking for fuel/intake related items.

Old 08-02-2013, 06:42 AM
heckfrozeover
Cruiser

As far as the Harley quarter fairing goes, Harley dealers around me knew almost nothing about them, as the Southeast US is primarily touring bike country. When I was in San Francisco on business, I stopped by Dudley Perkins HD and they were a tremendous help. They had the HD 1/4 fairing in stock in both primer and black, and had kits to mount them to both 39mm and 49mm front ends. They also had one mounted to a bike in the showroom to see how it looks.

Although the HD fairing quality was better, I ended up buying the Ness fairing because I like the looks of it much, much more, especially with the sides trimmed slightly as many others have done.

Old 08-02-2013, 03:15 PM
Rob911
Novice

im taking the arlen ness one with smoked screen. with the money saved compared to the quarter fairing which i dont like as much i can get new mirrors and the back lights sorted out as well!

only concern is the fairing has been called cheap by a few people, thanks for the help its been appreciated, is the fairing the one on amazon you said the same as below?

http://motorcycleppf.com/wp-content/...chy-bike-2.jpg

cheers mate

Old 08-02-2013, 03:17 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob911
im taking the arlen ness one with smoked screen. with the money saved compared to the quarter fairing which i dont like as much i can get new mirrors and the back lights sorted out as well!

only concern is the fairing has been called cheap by a few people, thanks for the help its been appreciated, is the fairing the one on amazon you said the same as below?

http://motorcycleppf.com/wp-content/...chy-bike-2.jpg

cheers mate
Gotta tell you...there is NO WAY I would purchase a Ness fairing over the Rifle one. They are not in the same league when it comes to quality...Not even close...Anyone that says different has not had both (I have..) If you like the look of the Ness better, just order the Rifle with the bubble shield. It looks almost the same...

Quick Reply: Dyna Fairing Help