Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna fairing under $100 on eBay. Junk???

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 06:11 PM
TRIED N TRUE
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd love something that is direct bolt on. I'd def pay more for that.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:00 PM
Crazy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,535 Likes on 808 Posts

A long time ago we used to call those things bikini fairings. I think I like that name better than the new names.

OP: buying stuff like that on ebay is like gambling: sometimes you cash in, sometimes you don't. Do you have an extra $50 to $100 dollars to blow?

Old 11-06-2013, 07:00 PM
Cruiser

TRIED...check ur PM.

Old 11-07-2013, 04:38 AM
truckerdave
senior experienced all-knowing leader of the unwise
Received 345 Likes on 175 Posts

Actually that style(for clubs) was created as far as i can tell in the 1974 Australian movie "Stone". Watch that old movie and you will see the "Gravediggers" riding out in the first scene with quarter fairings and full face helmets with tinted faceshields, way ahead of their time, years before any club member would wear a full face with tinted shield or put a quarter fairing on a bike.

Old 11-07-2013, 02:32 PM
lackluster
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

another option is the national cycles flyscreen. i picked on up here for $70 just last week.
not quite "thug" but it works.
nuther pic

Old 11-07-2013, 10:30 PM
TRIED N TRUE
Cruiser

Is the flyscreen functional? Or just for looks? Because it looks pretty cool. I'm not sure if it would mount up on my dyna either? I'm going to check their site for fit.

Old 11-08-2013, 07:55 AM
Vermontster
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TRIED N TRUE
One has the brand name "Pazoma"... Doesn't look bad.
Pazoma is a cheap knockoff of Rizoma which makes high quality stuff.

Old 11-08-2013, 03:06 PM
Irish883
Road Captain

Originally Posted by truckerdave
Actually that style(for clubs) was created as far as i can tell in the 1974 Australian movie "Stone". Watch that old movie and you will see the "Gravediggers" riding out in the first scene with quarter fairings and full face helmets with tinted faceshields, way ahead of their time, years before any club member would wear a full face with tinted shield or put a quarter fairing on a bike.
I just looked up some pictures, very interesting and I appreciate the knowledge.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:28 PM
lackluster
Intermediate

tried n true,
it does keep the wind off my chest (it can be moved up a little higher and that helps.) its easy to hold my hand up in front of me while riding and feel where the wind starts pushing. in my case its my head. but keep in mind its "that much more wind" on my face. so it is functional, to a degree, its not a full blown windshield.

and yes they have a direct fit.. mine is a 2013 superglide your looking at. (and I just uploaded pics so I felt I had to use them.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:54 PM
mr_natural78
Tourer

Originally Posted by Irish883
No, it isn't fake. Do you really think SoA created that look?

It's "proper" term is frisco style (high narrow bars for comfort and control, mid pegs for control, fairing for high speed runs, improved suspension for cornering/shitty roads), however it was so commonly ridden by the NorCal chapters of the HA it is also largely referred to as "club style". Other common names are hooligan, thug, outlaw, and of course the ever so popular, "I want my bike to be fast, handle well, and have tons of actual functionality over bling" style.

Here's some source material for you:

You could also watch this video and count the number of bikes done in this style:

http://youtu.be/HaXPlDCDzr0

Definitely not a real club thing. Wait, are lots of them wearing sneakers too? Some white sneakers even? For shame!
Couldn't have said it better myself. SOA copied the style. It did not originate with them. And while the show is fake...many aspects of it are based in HA. Several cast members on the show are HA. Even Sonny Barger plays Lenny the Pimp. The character Happy is a HA and also the shows "technical advisor" so to speak.

Quick Reply: Dyna fairing under $100 on eBay. Junk???