Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna fairing under $100 on eBay. Junk???

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 09:28 PM
TRIED N TRUE
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dyna fairing under $100 on eBay. Junk???

So I am building a "club style" Dyna SGC. I've been really lucky shopping on eBay and found some great stuff, cheap. I searched "harley davidson dyna fairing" and I found several like the one pictured below. They range in between $50-$100. What do you guys think? Junk or worth taking a shot? I know that you usually get what you pay for but I also know that some name brand s**t you're just paying for the name.

Attached Thumbnails Dyna fairing under 0 on eBay. Junk???-fairing.jpg  
Old 11-03-2013, 09:31 PM
TRIED N TRUE
Cruiser

One has the brand name "Pazoma"... Doesn't look bad.

Old 11-03-2013, 09:33 PM

what is this club style fairing all about. i'm in a club and no one i know in it has that fairing.. maybe its an SOA thing,, but thats fake

Old 11-03-2013, 09:42 PM
TRIED N TRUE
Cruiser

That's why I put it in quotation marks. That's just a name that I've seen people use. Also "thug style" but that sounds even more ridiculous. Having a fairing obviously has nada to do with being in an MC. I posted a pic of what I'm talking about.

Old 11-03-2013, 10:16 PM
Irish883
Road Captain

Originally Posted by IllusionBlue
what is this club style fairing all about. i'm in a club and no one i know in it has that fairing.. maybe its an SOA thing,, but thats fake
No, it isn't fake. Do you really think SoA created that look?

It's "proper" term is frisco style (high narrow bars for comfort and control, mid pegs for control, fairing for high speed runs, improved suspension for cornering/shitty roads), however it was so commonly ridden by the NorCal chapters of the HA it is also largely referred to as "club style". Other common names are hooligan, thug, outlaw, and of course the ever so popular, "I want my bike to be fast, handle well, and have tons of actual functionality over bling" style.

Here's some source material for you:

You could also watch this video and count the number of bikes done in this style:

Definitely not a real club thing. Wait, are lots of them wearing sneakers too? Some white sneakers even? For shame!

EDIT: Sorry, on the actual question originally asked... I would not buy a cheap, knock off $100 fairing from Ebay. I am a firm believer of "you get what you pay for" when it comes to bike parts and I think you'll be much better served in the end with a Rifle, Ness, Memphis Shades, etc.

Last edited by Irish883; 11-03-2013 at 10:39 PM.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:54 AM

guess i've been on the east coast to long, don't see that around here, its all about chrome and paint here, or they black it out( murder it out). thanks for that info

Old 11-04-2013, 07:57 AM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That is a knockoff of the HD mini fairing I have on my bike. It isn't really a full fairing and more of a headlight visor/flyscreen. Looks cool, but not very functional. The harley one is only about $100 anyway

Also, this fairing mounts to the old style headlight with a top tree mount. You would have to drill and tap your top tree or find another way to mount it on a newer bike.

Old 11-04-2013, 01:37 PM
fordaith
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had ordered one a while back before I finally decided to put a quarter fairing on, and the ebay one I got for like 65, didn't come with the screws to mount the cowl to the bracket.

Old 11-04-2013, 04:27 PM
619bob
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the mini fairing/ headlight visor look is what you are going for you can also run the HD V-Rod "fairing" which uses a cup to mount the visor to the headlight bucket.

btw: I have a vivd black one in the garage I am willing to sell. pm me if interested.

Old 11-06-2013, 01:40 AM
cpimenFXDB
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got an Arlen ness direct bolt on for dynas on eBay for 119. They retail for 350. They come with everything you need brackets, headlight relocating mount, etc. I got mine for that cheap because it was returned due to the bubble wrap melting on it. I sprayed some goo gone and now it's new.

Quick Reply: Dyna fairing under $100 on eBay. Junk???