Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Switchback oe Street Glide?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 05:44 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

If your wanting the bells and whistles of a touring bike, buy the touring bike.

Old 04-13-2014, 05:49 PM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts

.......and if u don't want to wait till the road glide is out go for the 2014 street glide.

Old 04-13-2014, 06:39 PM
Sticky4
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I guess it depends what you are looking for. I ride a modded Switchback and want a Street Glide.

That being said the Glide is better for long distance riding but stinks around town. Where as the Switchback is great for distance riding but bags are small and no radio (I use headphones).

I'm not that tall so went for the Dyna especially because it felt like my old 48Sporty. Easy tire ride around town and handles great. Plus I modded mine a lot and no one knows what it is now anyways.

BUT is I had a good offer I'd sell her and get a 2014 SG. Also keep in mind every other Harley is a SG.

Guess this doesn't really help, only my 2 cents.

Old 04-13-2014, 06:54 PM
TNT_FLD
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Figure out what kind of riding you'll be using the bike for the most...long tours or short commutes of say ~30 miles each way. If you plan on overnight/long tours...go for the SG. I've looked at the SG...and would love to have one as a 2nd bike...but for the type of riding I do, I can't see giving up the SB.

I ran into the same kind of questions when looking for a boat...big is nice for certain kinds of uses...but if your using it for small lakes/ponds...get the smaller one.

Old 04-13-2014, 06:57 PM
HD Jake
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I traded my FLHTC in on my Switchback and have not been unhappy for a minute .
I had a faring put on and rides and handles like a dream

Lost the weight, tours fantastic and looks awesome

Old 04-14-2014, 02:43 AM
doctoraustin
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a sporty for a couple years and drooled over the switchback since it came out in 2012. Now that I have a switchback I do not regret not getting a street glide. A ran into a guy that had a switchback with the detachable fairing with the stereo system and everything and he let me take it for a spin...It was awesome. A few older guys I ride with have SG's and most of the time get the eyes on my bike rather than the SG's. After riding both I can say I do like the switchback more mainly because it has SO MANY different configurations, and theres a lot of different looks you can turn the switchback into. Not to mention the price difference between the two.

Hope this helps.

Take them both for a test ride and see what you like!

Old 04-14-2014, 03:53 AM
Chinashop bull
Tourer
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

The Street Glide is the more focused tourer, whereas the Switchback is the better all rounder. Both are the best Harley currently make.

Since you say you want a good screen and a stereo, go for the SG.

Old 04-14-2014, 05:15 AM
PaiN
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's my mini-Street Glide.

Old 04-14-2014, 07:35 AM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 140 Posts

if you havent ridden them both yet then you need to do so before asking our opinion..

im short and when i took the street glide out it felt great on the highway but in parking lots or slow speed maneuvering i could picture dropping it, when i took out the switchback i felt just as comfortable on the highway and had the same comfortable feeling at slow speeds and in the parking lot..

the switchback eats up the miles as well as any other bike and there are many things you can do to make it that much more comfortable and still be under what a base street glide will cost, just check my signature

Last edited by 1HD1C; 04-14-2014 at 07:39 AM.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:57 AM
fldmartin
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a SB and love being able to strip it down or have bags and a windshield i got the best of both

Quick Reply: Switchback oe Street Glide?