Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sissy Bar education

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 05:33 PM
Tat2u
Road Warrior
Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Yeah I made my own sissy bar set up, have made a few. I make rigid mounts but slot the holes so can fit a bar literally in 1 or 2 minutes. Mind you I relocated my turn sigs so the back strut bolt set up is the same as the front, screws in from the outside. Just loosen the four bolts, slip on the sissy bar and tighten up. Have solo rack that fits the same way

Old 04-25-2014, 07:08 PM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by kreeess
since you have the detach mount, what exactly is needed and how hard was install, and the cost for all the parts?

I dont really mind having the sissy on with a solo saddle, but just having the option of taking it off is pretty cool too.. been looking at some ginz sissy bars but I was confused with the parts I needed lol thats why I turned to HDforum!
I used these for my Fat Bob

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...01-5396406b--1

$30.00 - they replace your existing strut bolts - easy to install & then the docking on the sissy bar pops in and out in less than a minute.

I ride 1-up 80% of the time, unless I am going on a long day trip and I throw the sissy bar on the back, taking off the passenger pad off the sissy bar and tossing a backpack over the bar to carry stuff - then the only time I throw the sissy bar on is when I is when I have the GF on the back and my 2-up seat on.

The detachable I find to be the really nice & easy route for me.

Old 04-25-2014, 07:16 PM
Jaystn62
Stellar HDF Member

Received 213 Likes on 155 Posts

I run the rigid mount but 3 different backrest depending on ride. Only 4 1/4-20 bolts to change backrest to plates.

Old 04-25-2014, 10:33 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Personally I prefer the rigid over the quick release. The rigid looks better to me because it looks cleaner. the mounts are hidden.
My super glide with chrome

Wide glide in black

The rear bolt hole is oblong to clear the wiring and fender strut bolt. I cut the oblong lower part off, making it a C. I then i welded a washer in the rear part and left the forward part of the oblong hole open. Now I can remove it rather easy. No wires to mess with.

Old 04-26-2014, 01:52 AM
kreeess
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtdobber
Personally I prefer the rigid over the quick release. The rigid looks better to me because it looks cleaner. the mounts are hidden. My super glide with chrome Wide glide in black The rear bolt hole is oblong to clear the wiring and fender strut bolt. I cut the oblong lower part off, making it a C. I then i welded a washer in the rear part and left the forward part of the oblong hole open. Now I can remove it rather easy. No wires to mess with.
I kind of have an idea how the cuttin the rear oblong to a C but where do u weld the washer and did u just use the $30 longer bolts from HD?

Really interested in this method