Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 08:40 AM
Peej
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Low Rider Picture Thread?

Hey LRs,

What do you guys think about starting a Low Rider Picture thread? I find myself trying to go through this thread to find inspiration and ideas only to be overwhelmed with the sheer volume of pages. I don't know if there is a way just to see the pics from the thread in a search, so I thought maybe we could have a dedicated thread with pictures only. Thoughts?

And Ikelove, I came into to HD with no preconceived ideas about service and mechanics until the first two people I met told me similar stories to yours. I did meet some guys 90 miles north of me that seem very conscientious, but I need someone closer. This indie I found has such a great reputation and being the owner he sees the direct connection on how his business grows by doing quality work. Just remember that no ones loves your Harley more than you, so doing some of your own work may be the way to go.

Old 06-26-2015, 10:22 AM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,100 Likes on 1,637 Posts

Originally Posted by Peej
Hey LRs,

What do you guys think about starting a Low Rider Picture thread? I find myself trying to go through this thread to find inspiration and ideas only to be overwhelmed with the sheer volume of pages. I don't know if there is a way just to see the pics from the thread in a search, so I thought maybe we could have a dedicated thread with pictures only. Thoughts?

And Ikelove, I came into to HD with no preconceived ideas about service and mechanics until the first two people I met told me similar stories to yours. I did meet some guys 90 miles north of me that seem very conscientious, but I need someone closer. This indie I found has such a great reputation and being the owner he sees the direct connection on how his business grows by doing quality work. Just remember that no ones loves your Harley more than you, so doing some of your own work may be the way to go.
FWIW, there is a pictures section on this site for Dynas...would be easy to get a new thread going for the new Low Riders.

I probably won't be lookin' at it cuz I know it just gonna cost me more $$$ to add all the cool stuff to my bike.

Old 06-26-2015, 02:47 PM
bob kegogi
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm looking at installing a chain drive to gear it up, gonna install myself.

Old 06-26-2015, 03:28 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,202 Likes on 3,812 Posts

Originally Posted by Suede Blue Man
Sorry to hear about that, what a fiasco.

For the most part, that's the way the world is headed, straight in the crapper.

For as much as you can, you gotta do it yourself, far too many can't be depended on anymore.
Thanks Suede Blue Man. Your words contain nothing but truth. I am going to get in touch with my mechanical side. I have a few friends who can help me.

The fact is no one cares more about your bike than you do. Unlike the clown at the dealership, an owner will not cut corners.

Last edited by Ikelove; 06-26-2015 at 04:14 PM.
Old 06-26-2015, 03:49 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Peej

A LR picture thread would be a quick way to see just pics for the first few pages. However, a dedicated picture thread will likely have many comments and responses and lots of re-posting of the same pics. After a while it too would be a lot of pages.

Would a LR picture thread in the Pictures Section be a lot of duplicate pictures that are already posted in this thread?

Would it include all LRs or just the 2014 plus Gen?

I never had problems with any of the Metric Dealers I dealt with for the first 36 years of riding. I read many threads from other posters detailing problems with shoddy dealership work and over-pricing. I now know the shoddy work feeling firsthand.

The bike itself has been great and I really love it. The bad service has been a downer.

Old 06-26-2015, 06:14 PM
bob kegogi
Advanced

The only thing I didn't do was the 1000 mile service. Other than that I've done 3 oil changes, installed an oil cooler, fixed the rear cylinder short, the motor mount was rubbing on the wiring. Made an air damn, worked too well, did wiring for 10" T's. Flipped the headlight bucket upside down, made my own mount from an old harley peg mount. I do at ke my bike to the dealership for new tires, 2 things, I guess. On my 3rd rear in 13 months. Hit 80 mph in 3rd still didn't hit the rev limiter lol. Cut down the original air cleaner cover, mounted it back on the screamin chicken breather. Didn't want to spend 350 dollars extra for 1hp. But there are some nice looking covers.

Last edited by bob kegogi; 06-26-2015 at 06:17 PM.
Old 06-26-2015, 06:22 PM
bob kegogi
Advanced

Home made air damn, worked too good, I could feel the front end pulled down around 70, I might remount it w a couple air holes so it allows some air through.
V & h comp series pipes, initially they told it won't fit on a lowrider, lol. Fits fine, fits on 103's

Old 06-26-2015, 07:08 PM
Gadgetech
Club Member
Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts
Default 2014 Low Rider

If you do a picture only thread, it can't be with comments as replies. It'd be great if you could "like" comments on this forum.

Old 06-26-2015, 07:19 PM
Lama
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by bob kegogi

I did a thread on chain drive conversion for my 2015 FXDL, search it out on this Dyna board... hope it helps you.

Lama

-----------------

Old 06-26-2015, 07:40 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by bob kegogi

How loud is that bad boy?

Last edited by Ikelove; 06-26-2015 at 07:45 PM.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider