Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 12:42 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,253 Likes on 3,821 Posts

My Battery Tender Jr. has arrived. I usually stop riding sometime in December. It all depends on when the first snow comes.

I have come up with a new motto for the LR. LRFFLR: Low Riders Forever, Forever Low Riders. Thinking about putting that on a patch or something.

Last edited by Ikelove; 11-02-2015 at 06:37 PM.
Old 11-02-2015, 02:22 PM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

Received 285 Likes on 184 Posts

Anyone running an OEM Street Bob solo seat on their LR? If so, I'd like to see a pic or two.

Old 11-02-2015, 06:38 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by modular
Anyone running an OEM Street Bob solo seat on their LR? If so, I'd like to see a pic or two.
I do not remember seeing that mod. I like the look of the stock seat but would like to see how a solo seat looks on a LR.

Old 11-02-2015, 07:23 PM
saddlebag
Tourer
Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Super08
They need to update their website. It fits the current models. Part # HDD100M. I have one installed on my 14 1/2 LR.

This post has pictures and explains how I mounted it on my Low Rider:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...l#post14518042
Thanks for the info!

Old 11-02-2015, 07:42 PM
saddlebag
Tourer
Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Super08
I had my bike out Thursday for a few hours so I had the opportunity to wring it out a lot more. I still believe this one mod has made the biggest impact on the bike to date. Unfortunately it is now parked for the winter and it will be a good 5 months before I can ride again. My front mount was not shot but was getting weak so it probably made more of a change than if I had a perfect front factory mount.
I've test ridden the LR twice. The first was in the country where I though it was great, the second was in the city where I thought the constant vibes made it feel pretty cheap. From the vids of the Vibratech mounts I've seen, they seem to make a remarkable difference. Nearly Softie like in the reduction of vibes to rider and mirrors.

Harleys drive me crazy. I love the looks of the LR, and the dual discs, and price, but don't like lowered suspensions, hinged frames, and lack of utility. I love the RK ergos and versatility, but don't like the hinged frame, shaky idle, or extra weight. I love the engine character of the Softies, but don't care for their lack of ground clearance nor the "sitting in" feel.

If Harley would build a LR in a Softie frame with a modern suspension, balanced engine, and large, hard, lockable, removable bags I'd be set. Hey, a guy can dream right?

Anyway, the Vibratech front mount seems to go a long way toward making it right. Some cartridge forks, 13" shocks, and a rear mount True Track would make that a near ideal rider's machine. Justs costs so much to get it there...

Old 11-02-2015, 09:38 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by saddlebag
I've test ridden the LR twice. The first was in the country where I though it was great, the second was in the city where I thought the constant vibes made it feel pretty cheap. From the vids of the Vibratech mounts I've seen, they seem to make a remarkable difference. Nearly Softie like in the reduction of vibes to rider and mirrors.

Harleys drive me crazy. I love the looks of the LR, and the dual discs, and price, but don't like lowered suspensions, hinged frames, and lack of utility. I love the RK ergos and versatility, but don't like the hinged frame, shaky idle, or extra weight. I love the engine character of the Softies, but don't care for their lack of ground clearance nor the "sitting in" feel.

If Harley would build a LR in a Softie frame with a modern suspension, balanced engine, and large, hard, lockable, removable bags I'd be set. Hey, a guy can dream right?

Anyway, the Vibratech front mount seems to go a long way toward making it right. Some cartridge forks, 13" shocks, and a rear mount True Track would make that a near ideal rider's machine. Justs costs so much to get it there...
I love the vibration of my LR but would not mind a little more suspension. I am not a big person and never ride two-up, so the stock suspension actually works well for me most of the time.

I would love to see a CVO LR with the 110 motor and better shocks and forks. Another two inches of suspension would be real nice.

Old 11-02-2015, 10:08 PM
Dobietrainer
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by modular
Crummy cell phone pic I took at the local dealer last week.

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 11-02-2015, 10:09 PM
Dobietrainer
Advanced

And another.

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 11-03-2015, 04:32 AM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

Received 285 Likes on 184 Posts

Kewl, thanks Dobie. I was able to pick up a new 2014 Street Bob solo seat take off for $55 shipped.

Old 11-03-2015, 08:05 AM
Dobietrainer
Advanced

Modular, looking forward to hearing your opinion on the seat.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider