Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 07:32 AM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 106 Posts

I had a pretty big change of plans with my stage one. I had ordered d&d fatcat, powervision and fuel moto stage one air cleaner though fuel moto. Anyway, the fat cat that i ordered does not fit this bike without rubing on the brake lever. D & D swears that it is the right part number, but i could not get it to fit. I tryed multiple times, i even removed the brake lever and foot peg bracket and installed the pipe 100% and could not get the brake and peg bracket back on. I think it might fit if i lowered the brake lever way down but to be honest i was not willing to do it because it would make the brake too low for me.

Both fuel moto and d&d are great companies to deal with and said that they would return the pipe since i never started it up. Fuel moto is even sending a ups or fed ex guy to pick it up at my door. Very good customer service. I started thinking of ways i could get it to fit but in the end i just didn't want to compromize a perfect new 2014 low rider or the parts on it.

So during all this i reinstalled the stock exhuast 3 times. Each time the install of the stock exhaust took about 1/2 hour and everything fits so nice. The pipe pulls up nice to the heads without twisting it and the exhaust bracket fits perfect and is doweled into the tranny case and everything is just locked into place and is tight against the bike with no wierd spacers. So anyway, my point is that i am just going to keep the stock exhaust head pipe and install the hd nightstick. I realize that i will be losing a little HP over a pipe like the d & D but for now i really dont care. the stock 103 is already way more power than my cammed 88" i am coming from.

I always thought that the last exhaust i had on my 06 superglide caused added vibration because it used the big spacers and super long bolts againts the tranny, i also had to weld up the exhaust bracket a few times because it broke. That pipe was a bub 7 2-1

fuel moto said they would email me a new tune for the exhaust change. They are really a great company to deal with. They didn't say " did you adjust the brake down as far as it goes" or "this is the right part number for your bike and other people got it to fit" or "you could make a little notch in the heat shield". they just said " sorry it did'nt work for you, what can we do to help you out". I will definatly be using fuel moto in the future.

Old 07-08-2014, 07:41 AM
1BRAVO9
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 579 Likes on 270 Posts

The Low Rider, in my opinion, is one of the best looking new bikes out there. Again, my own opinion and to each his own, but a lot of the new bikes have left me behind.

Old 07-08-2014, 08:20 AM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

Received 285 Likes on 184 Posts

I have a FuelMoto tuned PCV for both the XL and LR. Theyb both run like a scalded dog.

Old 07-08-2014, 11:46 AM
INTHERED
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Rear Shocks

Originally Posted by MRFREEZE57
Just picked up my low rider yesterday, it is a fantastic motorcycle, handles great, feels stable riding single or double. only one thing is lean angle is a bit limited, scraped my pegs a time or two when leaning steep, but that is a very small negative.
I replaced the stock rear shocks with Progresive Suspension shock that were 12.5" long which is 0.5" longer than stock and I have not scraped anything since. In fact the bike actually handles better than stock now.

Old 07-08-2014, 10:32 PM
MRFREEZE57
Grand HDF Member
Received 4,098 Likes on 1,915 Posts

Originally Posted by modular
I have a FuelMoto tuned PCV for both the XL and LR. Theyb both run like a scalded dog.

Just curious, if you are running the stock exhaust, did you remove the cat converter before installing the PCV, I want to do this to my low rider also.
This motorcycle just gets better every ride.

Last edited by MRFREEZE57; 07-08-2014 at 10:34 PM.
Old 07-09-2014, 04:19 AM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

The converter is still in place and will be staying. I am running the S.E. Nightstick with 4 plates and an open end cap.

Old 07-09-2014, 12:49 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,179 Likes on 3,808 Posts

I am like a sponge absorbing all of this good information. Fuel Moto sure seems to be the place to deal with when it comes to exhaust and tuning options.

Old 07-09-2014, 12:54 PM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ikelove
FuelMoto sure seems to be the place to deal with when it comes to exhaust and tuning options.
100% correct. Well done canned tunes that they have done the legwork on themselves. Awesome before and after the sale customer service to boot as well!

Old 07-17-2014, 10:55 PM
oldlefty
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hell hound
12" rear shocks
thank you sir!

Old 07-18-2014, 06:13 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,179 Likes on 3,808 Posts

Any other LR owners on the forum?