Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 01:04 PM
hillbillyphil
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by modular
As supplied from the dealer it is quiet and really does not sound all that good. I ended up with a 5 disk stack with a Supertrapp stainless steel open end cap and it completely changed the way it sounds......for the better of course.
Thanks for your input. I'll have to study up on that.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:14 PM
hillbillyphil
Intermediate

Originally Posted by fullswedge
I wanted to trade my 13 fxdc for a fxdl. but i didn't want to go $4000 and my bike. Oh well, i'm still riding a nice bike, and it's paid for!
Growing up in the 70's, my favorite Harleys were Sportsters and Low Riders. Every since they came out with the new Low Rider, I knew I wanted one. But I love them all. They're still cheaper than therapy.

Old 09-10-2014, 03:27 PM
fullswedge
Cruiser

Originally Posted by hillbillyphil
Growing up in the 70's, my favorite Harleys were Sportsters and Low Riders. Every since they came out with the new Low Rider, I knew I wanted one. But I love them all. They're still cheaper than therapy.
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you have to give with your fxdc?

Old 09-10-2014, 07:06 PM
Galaxie500fb
Advanced

took off my factory exhaust and installed headpipes from a 2014 streetbob that i bought from a forum member and dug out an old pair of screamin eagle 2`s that i used to run on my 97 fxd. I just always preferred the 2 into 2 look. Getting rid of the catalytic converter was the primary mission. Nice deep tone coming from the 2`s.

Old 09-10-2014, 08:35 PM
2>4
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those pipes look great Galaxie. Any problem with the forward mid controls hitting them? I really like the old school look. I might have to do the same.

Old 09-10-2014, 11:43 PM
hillbillyphil
Intermediate

Originally Posted by fullswedge
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you have to give with your fxdc?
I traded a 09 FXDC for the 13 with money down to keep the payments low just like I did for the FXDL. Got book value but paid less than MSRP. It's all relative and just a numbers game.

Old 09-11-2014, 03:29 AM
Galaxie500fb
Advanced

Originally Posted by 2>4
Those pipes look great Galaxie. Any problem with the forward mid controls hitting them? I really like the old school look. I might have to do the same.
No issues at all with installation. Before i decided to go this route i visited my local harley dealer and kept comparing the 2 bikes side by side and i could easily see that this was the way for me. Much cheaper route than a full on aftermarket system. $85 bucks for the headpipes and shields, mounting brackets and clamps. I still have a complete exhaust bolted together sitting in my garage that i removed from my old 97 fxd and during installation i noticed that the 2 exhausts were pretty much identical. The difference being no 02 bungs on the older set up. I think i`m gonna keep eye on ebay for a full aftermarket system set up for an older bike and just weld in 02 bungs if i can get a good deal. Ebay and patience has been my friend. $85 for the pipes, $67 for a never installed screamin eagle a/c setup and $182.50 for a new vance and hines fp3 tuner. The only negative that i can find at the moment is a lil added vibration that i can`t feel but i noticed in my mirrors. Gonna run an auto tune and maybe that will smooth out the mirrors.

Old 09-11-2014, 09:04 AM
hillbillyphil
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Galaxie500fb
No issues at all with installation. Before i decided to go this route i visited my local harley dealer and kept comparing the 2 bikes side by side and i could easily see that this was the way for me. Much cheaper route than a full on aftermarket system. $85 bucks for the headpipes and shields, mounting brackets and clamps. I still have a complete exhaust bolted together sitting in my garage that i removed from my old 97 fxd and during installation i noticed that the 2 exhausts were pretty much identical. The difference being no 02 bungs on the older set up. I think i`m gonna keep eye on ebay for a full aftermarket system set up for an older bike and just weld in 02 bungs if i can get a good deal. Ebay and patience has been my friend. $85 for the pipes, $67 for a never installed screamin eagle a/c setup and $182.50 for a new vance and hines fp3 tuner. The only negative that i can find at the moment is a lil added vibration that i can`t feel but i noticed in my mirrors. Gonna run an auto tune and maybe that will smooth out the mirrors.
Does that particular tuner include download tunes for say a cam swap? I didn't know they were that inexpensive. By the way, in late 80's I had a 63.5 Galaxy 500. My old man use to drag race a 62. Have a good one.

Old 09-11-2014, 09:12 AM
Galaxie500fb
Advanced

Originally Posted by hillbillyphil
Does that particular tuner include download tunes for say a cam swap? I didn't know they were that inexpensive. By the way, in late 80's I had a 63.5 Galaxy 500. My old man use to drag race a 62. Have a good one.
The fp3 isn't set up for cam swaps. Pretty much good for stage 1 stops and that's it. A seller on ebay listed 6 of them starting at 99 cents so I had a feeling of get one of them. They retail for around $300.00. I had a 66 galaxie 500 fast back. Loved that car. Got divorced, lost the house and garage. Sold the car because I didn't want to store it out side in the new England winter weather.

Old 09-11-2014, 09:47 AM
hillbillyphil
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Galaxie500fb
The fp3 isn't set up for cam swaps. Pretty much good for stage 1 stops and that's it. A seller on ebay listed 6 of them starting at 99 cents so I had a feeling of get one of them. They retail for around $300.00. I had a 66 galaxie 500 fast back. Loved that car. Got divorced, lost the house and garage. Sold the car because I didn't want to store it out side in the new England winter weather.
Gotcha. And I came out of a divorce minus a house and 2001 softail. In my situation it was worth it. Thanks

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider