Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 07:26 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,253 Likes on 3,821 Posts

Originally Posted by hd4evr2008
You really have to know the msrp of the bike you're buying before you talk to a salesman. You may or may not be getting $1500-$2,000 off. I have a friend who bought his first bike since the '70's. He bought a 2014 FXDC, and thought he got a great deal because the salesman told him the msrp was $17,500, and they sold it to him for $13,900. He thought he got almost $4,000 off! MSRP of his bike is $13,500. I didn't have the heart to tell him.
Thanks for the information. I have been riding for 35 years and other than the first three bikes that my parents bought me from 1979-82 (ages 13-16), I have purchased 6 new bikes myself.

I know the Low Rider runs $14,000 to $15,000 MSRP depending on color. I personally think that the LR is a $13,000 bike at best. You know how much sport bike I can buy for $14,000-15,000?

I will not fall for any oke-dokes like your friend. I have no trade-in and do not need financing. Unlike many HD riders who believe the only bike for them is a HD,I am not one of those persons. I can easily buy something else.

I am looking for a total OTD pride. If HD is offering a legit $1500-2000 off the 2014s, I will bite.

Old 10-03-2014, 08:55 PM
HYLNDR
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Price Paid

Originally Posted by Ikelove
First off, congrads on the new bike.

Second, be sure to post some pics when you get it.

Third, how much off did HD give on the 2014 LR?

Another posted said 2014s could be had for $1500-2000 off. Just curious if you were lucky enough to get a discount that sweet.
With the Amber Whiskey color and no dealer prep fees it was 14000.00, i felt good about the price having shopped 3 dealers in my back yard. They gave me a great trade on a rebuild title Sportster so nothing out of pocket. Pretty happy....

Old 10-03-2014, 09:22 PM
DelRider
Cruiser
Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

...I am a stickler when it comes to following proper servicing and I never ride in the rain. My bike is always garaged. I do not abuse my bikes.
LOL WUT? I know that you may not have meant it, but that clause about not riding in the rain is just funny. If any bike cannot take riding in the rain on a regular basis then it should not be on the market; that's normal usage for many. Sure, I don't look at a tropical depression and say, "Man today is the day to get out and ride!" But other times you gotta get home from work or just get to the next waypoint in the tour. Aside from the first half hour (slick roads) rain is easy... so long and others can see you.

Old 10-03-2014, 11:12 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,253 Likes on 3,821 Posts

Originally Posted by DelRider
LOL WUT? I know that you may not have meant it, but that clause about not riding in the rain is just funny. If any bike cannot take riding in the rain on a regular basis then it should not be on the market; that's normal usage for many. Sure, I don't look at a tropical depression and say, "Man today is the day to get out and ride!" But other times you gotta get home from work or just get to the next waypoint in the tour. Aside from the first half hour (slick roads) rain is easy... so long and others can see you.
Not riding in the rain is just something I do not like to do. In the last 23 years, I have been caught in the rain (for short periods of time) maybe 3-4 times. I do not like how it feels. I believe it is dangerous. And I do not like having to clean up all the filth. I will not ride if there is more than a 10% chance of rain. It works for me.

Old 10-04-2014, 12:41 AM
UrbanRunner
Road Master

Received 367 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by My2Harleys
What wind shield is that? Is it detachable? I like it.
Its a National Cycle Deflector Screen in Light Tint.

They make a removable option but just like the sissy bar (non-detachable side plates) I didn't figure I'd end up wanting to actually take it off very often (ever). This seems to be the case with many others as well.

Old 10-04-2014, 06:52 PM
junk yard
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll check but I think they'll be ok. Been working like a mad man so I haven't had a chance to really get into the my problem. Maybe the pump I filled up at was wrong.

Old 10-04-2014, 08:14 PM
JES1680
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good looking bike.
The staggered duals are exactly what I want to do to my FXDL. What do I need?

Sounds like
FXDB - head pipes (I assume these have cats and 02 sensors)
and standard Rush, Cycle shack, S&S, etc.. slipons?

thanks.

Old 10-04-2014, 09:04 PM
frontporchblues
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JES1680
The staggered duals are exactly what I want to do to my FXDL. What do I need?

Sounds like
FXDB - head pipes (I assume these have cats and 02 sensors)
and standard Rush, Cycle shack, S&S, etc.. slipons?

thanks.
2014 SB Head Pipes and the applicable mounting hardware(the plate that mounts to the motor I had to special order). Yes... what ever slip-ons you prefer... I like the S&S that I purchased

Old 10-04-2014, 09:18 PM
shodown220
Road Warrior
Received 757 Likes on 404 Posts

Thanks for the information. I have been riding for 35 years and other than the first three bikes that my parents bought me from 1979-82 (ages 13-16), I have purchased 6 new bikes myself.

I know the Low Rider runs $14,000 to $15,000 MSRP depending on color. I personally think that the LR is a $13,000 bike at best. You know how much sport bike I can buy for $14,000-15,000?

I will not fall for any oke-dokes like your friend. I have no trade-in and do not need financing. Unlike many HD riders who believe the only bike for them is a HD,I am not one of those persons. I can easily buy something else.

I am looking for a total OTD pride. If HD is offering a legit $1500-2000 off the 2014s, I will bite.
Sure you can get a sport bike for that price and yep it'll be fast as hell. But hey if speed is your thing maybe you should look there. If you would like a quality motorcycle then spend the money and buy a harley. Coming from sport bikes myself I can attest to the quality difference, it's unreal. Everything on a Honda is plastic, I mean literally everything that doesn't have to be metal, is cheap flimsy plastic. A harley is exactly the opposite, everything on it is quality and metal. They don't skimp on anything and that's where you get what you pay for comes from.

Just my 2 cents

Old 10-05-2014, 12:42 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 704 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by frontporchblues
Decided to go the street bob head pipe route with S&S mufflers(for now) to get rid of the cat. Added a RS air cleaner and a new tune... its like a new bike!

This is how I think the exhaust should look. How much did the headpipes and associated hardware run you?

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider