Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2019, 02:14 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,331 Likes on 3,845 Posts

Originally Posted by SC_Compact
Actually looking now. I am hoping to find a motivated seller who doesn't want their bike sitting around all winter.

I am really trying to avoid the dealers. I hope to find a one owner bike, 10-15k miles, stage 1, forward controls and fully documented maintenance history.
Solid game plan. Any sources other than CL, Cycle Trader, and ebay?

Any particular color you want?

Here is a private seller with a low mileage bike and lots of extras for a very fair price (one year only paint scheme):

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/...DER-5009708146

Last edited by Ikelove; 11-03-2019 at 02:22 PM.
Old 11-03-2019, 03:28 PM
SC_Compact
Road Warrior
Received 452 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
Solid game plan. Any sources other than CL, Cycle Trader, and ebay?

Any particular color you want?

Here is a private seller with a low mileage bike and lots of extras for a very fair price (one year only paint scheme):

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/...DER-5009708146

That looks be a pretty good deal.

I would like Blue, Amber Whiskey/Black, Silver/Black, Green or Black, in that order of preference.

I really like the retro LR Graphics. Black is my last choice. My Street Glide was Black and it was such a pain to keep looking good. However nothing looks better than a freshly detailed black vehicle.

My Road King was silver and never looked dirty. Easiest color to keep looking clean I ever owned.

All my previous HD's had the stage 1 except for the Road King. I didn't want the noise for the long tours but the HD's seem to run better with the Stage1 so I would like to find a LR with the Stage1 this time.

Last edited by SC_Compact; 11-03-2019 at 03:30 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Ikelove (11-03-2019)
Old 11-03-2019, 06:15 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

I would like Blue, Amber Whiskey/Black, Silver/Black, Green or Black, in that order of preference. Black is my last choice.
Black was my last choice as well because I have had so many black cars and motorcycles. Day I went to my local dealer back in May 2015, I was going to buy the Silver and Black one they had. However, as I was talking to my salesman, I noticed that the bike was no longer on the sales floor. Turns out another guy got there about an hour before I did and he bought it. My salesman then tried finding me a Jade Green one. No luck. Then he tried fining me an Amber Whiskey one. No luck. There were a few around but getting one was going to incur transport expense and I would be paying sticker. My dealer had one in the pipeline due to be delivered the following week. A black one. I ended up taking it.

If I had my choice, I would love a purple one.

Old 11-03-2019, 06:31 PM
SC_Compact
Road Warrior
Received 452 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
Black was my last choice as well because I have had so many black cars and motorcycles. Day I went to my local dealer back in May 2015, I was going to buy the Silver and Black one they had. However, as I was talking to my salesman, I noticed that the bike was no longer on the sales floor. Turns out another guy got there about an hour before I did and he bought it. My salesman then tried finding me a Jade Green one. No luck. Then he tried fining me an Amber Whiskey one. No luck. There were a few around but getting one was going to incur transport expense and I would be paying sticker. My dealer had one in the pipeline due to be delivered the following week. A black one. I ended up taking it.

If I had my choice, I would love a purple one.
Harley does some of the best paint jobs of any bike or car manufacturer. I can't understand why they chose such dull paint jobs for the LR's.

Old 11-03-2019, 06:35 PM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,666 Likes on 938 Posts

Harley does some of the best paint jobs of any bike or car manufacturer. I can't understand why they chose such dull paint jobs for the LR's.
Same. I don't get the drab color choices.

Old 11-03-2019, 10:50 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,507 Likes on 2,995 Posts

I hope to find a one owner bike
CHECK!
10-15k miles
21,000 MILES
stage 1
stage "0" atm. You can do anything you want to it.
forward controls and fully documented maintenance history.
Factory "mids." And fully doc'd history. CHECK

It's Blue too...(Cosmic)

Come to think of it, it's still in the "For Sale" section here.

Old 11-04-2019, 12:48 AM
DMo
Advanced
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Checking in with my latest updates. Fresh from powder coat. And, obviously, now that it's all black, it's objectively 10% faster.

Also trying out some new rubber, the Bridgestone Battlecruise H50. So far, really liking them. (I've run the stock Dunlops, Avon Cobras and Pirelli Night Dragons.)

Just got the gages relocated in view, too, with the Micky Mouse/T-bar setup. Pretty pleased with how it's all coming together.

The following 3 users liked this post by DMo:
Graham UK (11-04-2019), Ikelove (11-04-2019), robarosa (11-08-2019)
Old 11-04-2019, 02:01 AM
Graham UK
Tourer
Received 169 Likes on 115 Posts

Looking great in black.

Old 11-04-2019, 12:10 PM
ucbruce
Tourer
Received 154 Likes on 122 Posts

Our histories and riding experiences, including riding most of the country, are almost identical. You are my brother from another mother...

Old 11-04-2019, 06:08 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by DMo
Checking in with my latest updates. Fresh from powder coat. And, obviously, now that it's all black, it's objectively 10% faster.

Also trying out some new rubber, the Bridgestone Battlecruise H50. So far, really liking them. (I've run the stock Dunlops, Avon Cobras and Pirelli Night Dragons.)

Just got the gages relocated in view, too, with the Micky Mouse/T-bar setup. Pretty pleased with how it's all coming together.

I always love seeing what LR owners are doing to customize their bikes. Job well done. Bet it sounds real good.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider