Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2019, 11:30 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,253 Likes on 3,821 Posts

Originally Posted by et998
Sent you a PM or visitor message for the stock AC
I got something but could not really make heads or tails out of it. I went back to look for PM and cannot find what you sent. Send me another PM with the address you want me to send the AC to and I will mail it out.

Old 11-01-2019, 08:41 AM
emperor wurm
Road Warrior
Received 95 Likes on 67 Posts

Wrecked my low rider...super bummed. It was a total loss. But, I moved up to a bagger....2008 ultra classic Electra glide..aka geezer glide

Old 11-01-2019, 10:32 AM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,664 Likes on 937 Posts

Originally Posted by emperor wurm
Wrecked my low rider...super bummed. It was a total loss. But, I moved up to a bagger....2008 ultra classic Electra glide..aka geezer glide
Ouch, sorry to hear! Pics?
You uninjured? Hope so.

Old 11-01-2019, 03:12 PM
shodown220
Road Warrior
Received 757 Likes on 404 Posts

Haven't had a chance to ride in a few weeks, I could ride to work in the morning but its gonna be 32 degrees when I leave the house. May have to bundle up and deal with so I can get some miles going

Old 11-01-2019, 07:54 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

What happened?

Old 11-02-2019, 09:17 AM
ucbruce
Tourer
Received 154 Likes on 122 Posts

Sorry to hear that. Hope you're OK? I have a Bagger and a LR. The bagger is no slouch with a Stage IV race kit...no "Geezer Glide" here, lol

Old 11-02-2019, 06:13 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by shodown220
Haven't had a chance to ride in a few weeks, I could ride to work in the morning but its gonna be 32 degrees when I leave the house. May have to bundle up and deal with so I can get some miles going
I have not been able to ride for a week and it was cold out today but I got out for a short ride. Suppose to be a little warmer Sun. Going to get a good long ride in. Winter has arrived early in Northern IL.

Old 11-03-2019, 11:06 AM
SC_Compact
Road Warrior
Received 438 Likes on 180 Posts

Hey guys,
I just finished going through all 600+ pages from this thread. Allot of good info.

I live in upstate NY. I am a couple hours from Vermont and the Berkshire Mountains in Mass, as well as the Pocono's in Pa so there is allot of nice riding here.

I grew up in Queens, NY and I started riding back in 1978 (Kawasaki 650).

I gave up riding in the 80's and then got the bug again in the mid 90's. In 1995 I picked up a 1995 Honda ST1100. First Touring bike. It was a very impressive bike. Did a few rides down south and upstate NY. Then I gave up riding until 2004 (had 2 young kids).

In 2004 I went to the HD dealer with someone from work. I test drove a 1200 Sportster and have been riding HD's since.

In 2005 I decided I was going to ride to Sturgis, from upstate NY, so I traded the Sportster (with 10,000 miles) for a 2005 Superglide. That bike was fantastic after I added Fwd controls, Stage 1, HD quick detach windshield, Corbin Seat and Boss bags. I should of never got rid of that bike.

In 2006 I was laid off from my job in Connecticut (I'm in IT) and ending up moving to NW Arkansas where I lived for 4 years while the family stayed in NY. I got to do allot of riding in Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, Louisiana, a road trip to Key West Fla, as well as returning to NY a couple of times a year.

In 2009 I traded my Dyna, with 45,000 trouble free miles, in on a 2009 Street Glide. Took the FLHX on two very nice road trips. 2009 New Mexico, Col, Arizona, Utah, Nevada and Calif. 2010 did Colorado, Wyoming, North and South Dakota.

In 2011 I moved back to NY, with the family, since the company I work for allowed me to work remotely, however I try to go back to Arkansas a few times a year (drive or ride the MC).

In 2013 I sold the FLHX(35,000 miles) since I had two kids in college. I thought I was done riding but in March 2016 the itch for another bike hit and I found a nice used 2009 Road King Classic. Kept the bike until this past summer and decided to sell it.

Towards the end of the summer I started thinking about maybe picking up another Dyna. I had sampled the touring bike koolaid and while the touring bikes are nice I just missed my Dyna. I think they are the perfect bikes. Setup with Forward controls, windshield, saddlebags and a good seat they are excellent touring bikes.

Initially I was looking for a 2007 and up Dyna but then I came across this thread so I am leaning toward a 2014-2016 LR if I can find one at the right price.

I have been to 45 states on a Motorcycle and my bucket list is to hit all the lower 48 (missing Mich, Wash, Ore). My son moved to Chicago a few years ago so I think it would be a nice road trip to go and visit him and pop into Michigan for a day.

Anyway I am looking forward to finding a nice LR, although I would also consider a FLHC.

FYI, I noticed the poor mileage you guys seem to get on your tires. I put a set of Metzler 888 on my Road king. They handle very well and seem to wear very well. When I sold my RKC they had over 10,000 miles on them and weren't even close to being warn out, front or rear.

The following users liked this post:
Ikelove (11-03-2019)
Old 11-03-2019, 11:40 AM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by SC_Compact
Hey guys,
I just finished going through all 600+ pages from this thread. Allot of good info.

I live in upstate NY. I am a couple hours from Vermont and the Berkshire Mountains in Mass, as well as the Pocono's in Pa so there is allot of nice riding here.

I grew up in Queens, NY and I started riding back in 1978 (Kawasaki 650).

I gave up riding in the 80's and then got the bug again in the mid 90's. In 1995 I picked up a 1995 Honda ST1100. First Touring bike. It was a very impressive bike. Did a few rides down south and upstate NY. Then I gave up riding until 2004 (had 2 young kids).

In 2004 I went to the HD dealer with someone from work. I test drove a 1200 Sportster and have been riding HD's since.

In 2005 I decided I was going to ride to Sturgis, from upstate NY, so I traded the Sportster (with 10,000 miles) for a 2005 Superglide. That bike was fantastic after I added Fwd controls, Stage 1, HD quick detach windshield, Corbin Seat and Boss bags. I should of never got rid of that bike.

In 2006 I was laid off from my job in Connecticut (I'm in IT) and ending up moving to NW Arkansas where I lived for 4 years while the family stayed in NY. I got to do allot of riding in Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, Louisiana, a road trip to Key West Fla, as well as returning to NY a couple of times a year.

In 2009 I traded my Dyna, with 45,000 trouble free miles, in on a 2009 Street Glide. Took the FLHX on two very nice road trips. 2009 New Mexico, Col, Arizona, Utah, Nevada and Calif. 2010 did Colorado, Wyoming, North and South Dakota.

In 2011 I moved back to NY, with the family, since the company I work for allowed me to work remotely, however I try to go back to Arkansas a few times a year (drive or ride the MC).

In 2013 I sold the FLHX(35,000 miles) since I had two kids in college. I thought I was done riding but in March 2016 the itch for another bike hit and I found a nice used 2009 Road King Classic. Kept the bike until this past summer and decided to sell it.

Towards the end of the summer I started thinking about maybe picking up another Dyna. I had sampled the touring bike koolaid and while the touring bikes are nice I just missed my Dyna. I think they are the perfect bikes. Setup with Forward controls, windshield, saddlebags and a good seat they are excellent touring bikes.

Initially I was looking for a 2007 and up Dyna but then I came across this thread so I am leaning toward a 2014-2016 LR if I can find one at the right price.

I have been to 45 states on a Motorcycle and my bucket list is to hit all the lower 48 (missing Mich, Wash, Ore). My son moved to Chicago a few years ago so I think it would be a nice road trip to go and visit him and pop into Michigan for a day.

Anyway I am looking forward to finding a nice LR, although I would also consider a FLHC.

FYI, I noticed the poor mileage you guys seem to get on your tires. I put a set of Metzler 888 on my Road king. They handle very well and seem to wear very well. When I sold my RKC they had over 10,000 miles on them and weren't even close to being warn out, front or rear.
Nice to hear from you. I take it you will start your LR search in the spring when things warm up?

Keep us updated on your search and what you come across.

Old 11-03-2019, 12:54 PM
SC_Compact
Road Warrior
Received 438 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
Nice to hear from you. I take it you will start your LR search in the spring when things warm up?

Keep us updated on your search and what you come across.
Actually looking now. I am hoping to find a motivated seller who doesn't want their bike sitting around all winter.

I am really trying to avoid the dealers. I hope to find a one owner bike, 10-15k miles, stage 1, forward controls and fully documented maintenance history.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider