Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2021, 07:16 PM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,687 Likes on 947 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
Had a lovely ride today. I get home and go to clean out the DK Customs catch can like I have done many times since getting it only to find the catch can gone! Somewhere on my ride today the damn thing somehow came off. So I went to order a replacement one thinking it would be $25-30. Wrong. With shipping it came out to $80!
Oh man, that stinks!!

Originally Posted by Arthropraxis
Red light came on my dash yesterday just as I was pulling out to ride to Maggie Valley. Pushed the lever forward and it went out. So mine is sticking too. Probably never had the fluid flushed. BTW, anyone have suggestions on improved brake pads? Or does anyone know the edge code of the factory pads?
Here's what I know about brakes...
OEM brakes are organic, very quiet, they stop the bike reasonably well, and aren't too had on the rotors. At the other end of the spectrum are sintered pads which are metallic, the best at stopping the bike, but they can wear the rotors and they can also be noisy. Somewhere in the middle are a combo semi-metallic pad, which have some characteristics of each.

I had sintered on the rear of my Sportster, I never heard any noise. I think my current bike has OEM pads because the dealer installed them when I bought it.

If you brake aggressively or ride 2-up you might have different brake needs than someone who doesn't.

Old 05-03-2021, 10:59 AM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,372 Likes on 3,858 Posts

The really odd thing about my missing catch can is that top part of the catch that goes into the hose is still there. Only the actual can itself is gone. And it was held securely in place with a zip tie. I really don't get how it just ended up falling off.

Old 05-03-2021, 01:21 PM
John CC
HDF Community Team
Received 826 Likes on 591 Posts

Vandals cut the zip tie?

Old 05-03-2021, 03:34 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by John CC
Vandals cut the zip tie?
No. My bike is garaged. I did not stop anywhere on my ride yesterday and the zip tie is still intact. With the zip tie around the can it is held securely in place and experiences no movement. I cannot believe that can cost me $50 originally and now a replacement can is running me $80 stinking dollars.

Old 05-03-2021, 03:58 PM
John CC
HDF Community Team
Received 826 Likes on 591 Posts

the zip tie is still intact.
Then clearly the supernatural was involved!

The following users liked this post:
Ikelove (05-03-2021)
Old 05-03-2021, 06:20 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by John CC
Then clearly the supernatural was involved!
It is looking that way. A few years back I was out riding and lost my garage door opener. A new one ran me $30-35. Loosing things and then having to replace them sucks.

Old 05-07-2021, 05:38 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Got my new DK Customs catch can a few days ago. Just got done installing the new one. Now every time I ride I am going to worry and wonder if my catch can will still be there when I get home.

Old 05-09-2021, 12:13 PM
bigal51
Road Captain
Received 577 Likes on 242 Posts

Got my new DK Customs catch can a few days ago. Just got done installing the new one. Now every time I ride I am going to worry and wonder if my catch can will still be there when I get home.
Put a tether on it. Kinda like the strings you see on peoples glasses. FWIW, I just vent mine to the ground.

Ikelove (05-09-2021)
Old 05-09-2021, 01:19 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by bigal51
Put a tether on it. Kinda like the strings you see on peoples glasses. FWIW, I just vent mine to the ground.
Great idea. I am going to do that. I do not want to lose another one. It is held in place with a zip tie that slips on and off to allow removal of the can but it cannot hurt to have another way to make sure it does not go anywhere.

My original EBS used a filter and it really gunked up the bottom of the bike. Had to have the detail guy at my HD dealership clean it off. Big benefit to a catch can is that all that filth is not getting sprayed all over your bike and you.

bigal51 (05-10-2021)
Old 05-10-2021, 08:44 AM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,687 Likes on 947 Posts

Great idea. I am going to do that. I do not want to lose another one. It is held in place with a zip tie that slips on and off to allow removal of the can but it cannot hurt to have another way to make sure it does not go anywhere.

My original EBS used a filter and it really gunked up the bottom of the bike. Had to have the detail guy at my HD dealership clean it off. Big benefit to a catch can is that all that filth is not getting sprayed all over your bike and you.
Can you post a pic? I use a small hose clamp for my filter.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider