Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new pillion seat, missing nut/bolt!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 08:37 AM
CACruiserHD
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new pillion seat, missing nut/bolt!

So I just got my pillion seat and it came with hardware for the front hole (where strap is attached) and a bracket for the back hole but no nut/bolt. This is a bigger hole than the one in front of it. I don't know why harley didn't include this nut/bolt and I don't know what to put here.

Not sure if they sell a bigger version of that ziptie contraption or if I'm just to use my own bolt/nut combo. You'd think harley would at least say part#xxxx not included.

Old 07-21-2014, 10:34 AM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 243 Posts

On my 13' Fat Bob, the fender nut for attaching a solo or duel seat is the same - they should be the same for yours as well. Mine came with the back bolt for the duel, had to buy the front one for the solo.

Click on this link, plug in the year of your scoot, then click on the model you have

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.....asp?make=hdmc

But it should look like this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Fender-S...a25a99&vxp=mtr

Old 07-21-2014, 11:08 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by JMC22
On my 13' Fat Bob, the fender nut for attaching a solo or duel seat is the same - they should be the same for yours as well. Mine came with the back bolt for the duel, had to buy the front one for the solo.

Click on this link, plug in the year of your scoot, then click on the model you have

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.....asp?make=hdmc

But it should look like this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Fender-S...a25a99&vxp=mtr
JMC22, If I agree with you on this does that make us both right, or both wrong casue that would mean you agree with me also? Sorry, couldn't help myself.

OP, add the part that JMC22 linked and use the same bolt in either location depending on if your running solo or two up, one one both is needed in either case.

Old 07-21-2014, 11:37 AM
CACruiserHD
Cruiser

Ah ok, i misunderstood the instructions from harley. Sometimes I think they over-instruct on the instructions. Using 2 paragraphs when it could be one sentence.

Old 07-21-2014, 12:33 PM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by CACruiserHD
Ah ok, i misunderstood the instructions from harley. Sometimes I think they over-instruct on the instructions. Using 2 paragraphs when it could be one sentence.
Here is a short Youtube video to make installing the new nut easy

Old 07-21-2014, 01:12 PM
CACruiserHD
Cruiser

I'll be honest, at looking at the instructions I thought i used the center hole in the fender and then wondered how i mounted the to the back hole but soon realized I don't use the center one at all. I'm not even sure what it's for!

So a brain fart later and I'm in business. I've had a long weekend involving a fair amount of vodka, that's my excuse.

Old 07-21-2014, 01:24 PM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by CACruiserHD
I'll be honest, at looking at the instructions I thought i used the center hole in the fender and then wondered how i mounted the to the back hole but soon realized I don't use the center one at all. I'm not even sure what it's for!

So a brain fart later and I'm in business. I've had a long weekend involving a fair amount of vodka, that's my excuse.
Never mixed bolts with my vodka before - typically I prefer my Chopin on the rocks