Dyno Charts This forum is for posting of your Dyno Charts. You will use a prefix to designate your Cubic Inches. When posting please include all model year, Cubic Inch and modifications in the thread title and in the body when posting your Dyno Charts.

103-113": 2017 107 CR460 decatted pipe cannons

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 06:56 AM
cruisinmann
Road Warrior
Received 1,807 Likes on 627 Posts
Default 2017 107 CR460 decatted pipe cannons

Power right off idle

Attached Thumbnails 2017 107 CR460 decatted pipe cannons-107-m8-cr-460.jpg  
Old 11-26-2017, 05:15 PM
SavageChopper
Tourer
Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Nice. I'm doing the CR 460s and decatted pipe in the spring.

Old 11-26-2017, 07:32 PM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

That is very strong !

The following users liked this post:
cruisinmann (11-27-2017)
Old 11-28-2017, 08:20 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,430 Likes on 1,577 Posts

Is this your bike's dyno chart? If so what components were used as it doesn't say anything about Air Cleaner Assembly and what gear was used for the dyno run. The chart does look good but is not near the same shape in the curve from this one done by CycleRama using STD corrections. Would like to compare parts list between the two.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/milwa...road-king.html

Old 11-29-2017, 03:55 AM
Gordon61
Road Warrior
Received 124 Likes on 105 Posts

Sig says Ventilator A/C
From 3 to 5.5k the numbers seem quite similar, its the 2 to 3k where the question pops up.

Is this a question of at what revs the operator really starts the logging run?

I see some of the M8 graphs going all the way down to 1.5 but not everyone seems to do that?

Old 11-29-2017, 06:59 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 216 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
Is this your bike's dyno chart? If so what components were used as it doesn't say anything about Air Cleaner Assembly and what gear was used for the dyno run. The chart does look good but is not near the same shape in the curve from this one done by CycleRama using STD corrections. Would like to compare parts list between the two.

His sheets are always stretched way out like that. Makes it difficult to compare to others. Makes for a nice flat torque line though.

Old 11-29-2017, 07:35 AM
cruisinmann
Road Warrior

I modified a ventilator by using the m8 back plate and drilling the old style(bigger) filter to fit and cut tabs off outside cover. I don't know what gear it was done in or if filter was on or off. We discussed air filters and he did tell me he is testing different ones but hasn't found one that doesn't cause a 2hp loss at the upper end. I think he may have a chart on the HTT forum with a/c runs.
I have to say tho right off idle it is very strong

Old 11-29-2017, 11:08 AM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,430 Likes on 1,577 Posts

Originally Posted by cruisinmann
I modified a ventilator by using the m8 back plate and drilling the old style(bigger) filter to fit and cut tabs off outside cover. I don't know what gear it was done in or if filter was on or off. We discussed air filters and he did tell me he is testing different ones but hasn't found one that doesn't cause a 2hp loss at the upper end. I think he may have a chart on the HTT forum with a/c runs.
I have to say tho right off idle it is very strong
One sheet is done in STD corrections and one in SAE. STD typically adds about 2-3% to the numbers over SAE so I would not expect the SAE sheet to show as much as 10 ft lbs more Torque. Once you get above 3000 RPM the sheets begin to compare in peak numbers but not in the shape of the curves. Below 3000 RPM they are just totally different. So trying to see what different parts were used to create such different curves. At first look the two parts list are very close to the same thing but there was a few unknown parts so I was asking what they might be.

Old 11-29-2017, 01:09 PM
cruisinmann
Road Warrior

The only parts that were changed on bike were cr460 cam s&s lifters and springs in clutch otherwise its as listed. My old 447 cam chart looks similar to my 460 only bout 8-10 tq less but it still came off 1700 at 95tq. I don't know why cycleramas looks different Tuning?

Old 11-29-2017, 02:47 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 216 Likes on 129 Posts

One sheet is done in STD corrections and one in SAE. STD typically adds about 2-3% to the numbers over SAE so I would not expect the SAE sheet to show as much as 10 ft lbs more Torque. Once you get above 3000 RPM the sheets begin to compare in peak numbers but not in the shape of the curves. Below 3000 RPM they are just totally different. So trying to see what different parts were used to create such different curves. At first look the two parts list are very close to the same thing but there was a few unknown parts so I was asking what they might be.

I believe it's all in when you hit the record button and start the run. The one on the post you linked to looks like they probably hit the start button and whacked the throttle at about the same time. The one here looks like the throttle was whacked early on and the record button was hit when the bike got to the RPM. You can see there is no climb in either line here so we aren't seeing the HP and TRQ transition from the start run speed to the WOT. This is hard to explain but i'm sure you get what i'm saying. That coupled with the stretched sheet makes it difficult to compare. Next time you have a bike on the dyno record a run like you normally do, then make another run but start the record a second after you go WOT.

The following users liked this post:
Gordon61 (11-29-2017)

Quick Reply: 103-113": 2017 107 CR460 decatted pipe cannons