Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

DK Custom LED bulb review

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 09:44 AM
cprhed
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,065 Likes on 614 Posts
Default DK Custom LED bulb review

I considered many different approaches to lighting for my 08 Ultra. I travel for work and after driving many rental cars with LED headlights I was really sold on how all the signs light up way before you get to them.
I considered switching out the headlamp but then I have a spots that are a different color light and I didn't want that.
So I started looking into full replacement of all 3. I strongly considered all the available replacements that you can get from the HD LED lights to the knockoffs on ebay. I just don't care for the look of those lights. To me they look like bug eyes and I get enough bug eyes on the front as it is without paying for them.

So I started looking into bulbs. I was very skeptical because I was concerned about the temperature. Don't want to go melting anything. I saw a post from DK Custom Products about their LED bulb replacements. I looked into it and they are a plug and play for all 3 front lights. I got all 3 bulbs from them for less than the cost of a single projector replacement.
I had some initial concerns when I put them in that they were going to be too bright and I would get flashed from other motorists a lot. Last night the weather finally cooperated so that I could take it out after dark.
WOW! I am impressed. As I stated I was concerned it would be too bright for oncoming traffic. I didn't get flashed once. Even passed a cop and he didn't come back after me. In town they were lighting up signs 3 blocks ahead of me. Well beyond my distance to actually read them. I haven't it out of town in the dark to see the difference with the high beam yet but so far I am certain I made the right choice. I have many friends now that are asking me about these.

They were great folks to deal with. I called and they asked me about my bike and made sure I was ordering the right items, she even made me a good deal.

For mine I ordered the second and third items on this page. The spotlight bulbs come in pairs so that is the price for 2.
http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/Head...Bulbs_c193.htm

The following users liked this post:
DK Custom (03-07-2016)
Old 03-07-2016, 03:16 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

Thanks for the feedback.

When we started messing with LED's a few years back, I too, was very impressed with the increased visibility. That is all I will run on any of my bikes now.

We've tested dozens of bulbs, not just for function, but also for longevity.

There are a lot of options out there, and we make every effort to offer the best in price, functionality and reliability.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com