Engine Mechanical Topics Discussion for motor builds, cams, head work, stripped bolts and other engine related issues. The good and the bad. If it goes round and around or up and down, post it here.

110 bolt-on kit for a 2014 Limited

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 03:36 PM
Nickblink
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 110 bolt-on kit for a 2014 Limited

Hello,

I have ordered the stage V kit pn 92500037 to install it on a 2014 Limited Water Cooled.

Does anyone have any suggestions if I should replace anything in the kit ? Also I plann on using the FP3 tuner with it.

Here are the components

Kit includes the following Screamin’ Eagle components :

SCREAMIN’ EAGLE® PRO 110CI STAGE V
• Big Bore 4.0" Bolt-On Cylinders
• CNC-Ported Factory Cylinder Heads (using pn 16500208)
• Forged 10.5:1 Compression Pistons
• SST Piston Rings
• SE-259 cams (I wonder if I should use SE-585)
• Perfect-Fit Pushrods
• High-Capacity Roller Tappets
• 58mm Throttle Body
• High Flow Fuel Injectors
• Heavy Duty Clutch Spring
• Top End Gasket Kit
• Cam Cover Gasket
• Super Tuner EFI Tuner

Old 10-05-2015, 04:18 PM
djl
HDF Community Team

Received 2,031 Likes on 1,499 Posts

Is that the "Tire Shredder" kit? 92500037 and 92500038 are the same kits with the exception that the 037 kit includes the tuner. You indicated that you plan to use the V&H Fuelpak FP3 tuner but the SEPST tuner is included in the kit??

Also, pistons are 10.2:1, not 10.5; unless you are substituting which I would advise against. Replace the OEM head gasket with a Cometic .030" head gasket to tighten up squish.

All the bikes I have see with the 259 cams were a bit soft on the bottom but not bad in the upper mid range and top end. Find a good tuner; from what I have seen at a local dyno day, most of the guys have come in very unhappy with the dealer tunes but after a proper tune, much happier but still looking for more bottom end grunt. Many change cams to S&S 570 and 585; the valve springs in those head limit lift to .585".

Send the intake manifold to Dan Vance or HPI for modification; the late model manifolds are more restrictive than the '08-'10 OEM manifolds.

Old 10-05-2015, 05:15 PM
Nickblink
Tourer

Thank you DJL.

The kit I ordered is the 92500037, and has the compression specs at 10.5:1 (piston 2190050) vs 92500038 compression 10.2:1 (piston 21900020). When you mention the intake manifold are you referring at the entire 58mm induction module ? If so can you please provide the contact info for Dan Vance?

Regarding the head gaskets is this the correct part number ?

Thank you so much for assistance

C10084-030

http://www.shopengineparts.com/parts...el=Twin+Cooled

Last edited by Nickblink; 10-06-2015 at 02:38 AM.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:48 AM
prodrag1320
Banned
Received 622 Likes on 398 Posts

personally,i think a 107" kit that could be tailored to your expectations & riding style would be more bang for the buck & end result would be exactly what your looking for

Old 10-06-2015, 07:22 AM
Nickblink
Tourer
Default Compression

Originally Posted by djl
Is that the "Tire Shredder" kit? 92500037 and 92500038 are the same kits with the exception that the 037 kit includes the tuner. You indicated that you plan to use the V&H Fuelpak FP3 tuner but the SEPST tuner is included in the kit??

Also, pistons are 10.2:1, not 10.5; unless you are substituting which I would advise against. Replace the OEM head gasket with a Cometic .030" head gasket to tighten up squish.

All the bikes I have see with the 259 cams were a bit soft on the bottom but not bad in the upper mid range and top end. Find a good tuner; from what I have seen at a local dyno day, most of the guys have come in very unhappy with the dealer tunes but after a proper tune, much happier but still looking for more bottom end grunt. Many change cams to S&S 570 and 585; the valve springs in those head limit lift to .585".

Send the intake manifold to Dan Vance or HPI for modification; the late model manifolds are more restrictive than the '08-'10 OEM manifolds.
Hi DJL,

I have ordered the cometic C10084-030, this will increase the static compression from 10.5:1 to 10.75:1. Will there be any issues? As this build is part of the kit with matching cylinder / CNC ported heads etc, is there any adjustment that is needed as a result of using the .030 head gasket vs the stock .045 ?

Old 10-06-2015, 09:20 AM
djl
HDF Community Team

Originally Posted by Nickblink
Hi DJL,

I have ordered the cometic C10084-030, this will increase the static compression from 10.5:1 to 10.75:1. Will there be any issues? As this build is part of the kit with matching cylinder / CNC ported heads etc, is there any adjustment that is needed as a result of using the .030 head gasket vs the stock .045 ?
I could be wrong, this is a new offering from the MoCo but everything I read indicates that the -037 and -038 kits are identical with the exception that the -037 kits include the tuner. This indicates to me that both kits have 10.2:1 pistons. So be sure of what you are buying.

In any event, using the .030" head gasket will increase corrected CR and CCP a bit but nothing to worry about.

None of my business but have to agree with Kirby's comment. You are going to spend $3500-$4000 before you are done and you could build a solid 107" motor for a bit less with much better results. Do you have the mechanical skills/tools to R/R heads/cylinders? If so, building a 107" motor is doable. Kirby is one of the forum sponsors that could help you out with the project. Just food for thought.

Call Dan Vance and talk to him about intake port matching.
http://www.danvanceracing.com/

Find a good tuner; do not let the dealer tune your new motor whichever way you go.

Old 10-06-2015, 10:01 AM
Nickblink
Tourer
Default 110

Originally Posted by djl
I could be wrong, this is a new offering from the MoCo but everything I read indicates that the -037 and -038 kits are identical with the exception that the -037 kits include the tuner. This indicates to me that both kits have 10.2:1 pistons. So be sure of what you are buying.

In any event, using the .030" head gasket will increase corrected CR and CCP a bit but nothing to worry about.

None of my business but have to agree with Kirby's comment. You are going to spend $3500-$4000 before you are done and you could build a solid 107" motor for a bit less with much better results. Do you have the mechanical skills/tools to R/R heads/cylinders? If so, building a 107" motor is doable. Kirby is one of the forum sponsors that could help you out with the project. Just food for thought.

Call Dan Vance and talk to him about intake port matching.
http://www.danvanceracing.com/

Find a good tuner; do not let the dealer tune your new motor whichever way you go.
Thank you DJL,

The stage V street vs pro are different and I'm 100% sure the -038 is 10.2:1 and -037 is 10.5:1 there are different pistons. There are some other differences. I know 107 kit maybe a good value but I think the new 110 kits are way better value and possible better quality. The stage V is $2,300.

I spoke with Chris at cycle solutions online and I will have them tune my bike and possible build it.

Old 10-06-2015, 10:20 AM
djl
HDF Community Team

Originally Posted by Nickblink
Thank you DJL,

The stage V street vs pro are different and I'm 100% sure the -038 is 10.2:1 and -037 is 10.5:1 there are different pistons. There are some other differences. I know 107 kit maybe a good value but I think the new 110 kits are way better value and possible better quality. The stage V is $2,300.

I spoke with Chris at cycle solutions online and I will have them tune my bike and possible build it.
Of course, your ride and you decide; however, I must tell you that you are wrong about the value. A well built 107" will out perform the Stage V kit hands down. One reason is that the CNC heads have smaller valves than a set of ported heads would have and the cam lift is limited to .585. The 259E cam set is designed to meet EPA regs and therefore its effectiveness on performance is limited. No disrespect intended, just pointing out why you are wrong about the value added. The Stage V kit is $2300 but you are looking at another $$1200-$1500 for labor and tune.

Anyway, I had another thought about the intake. What would the price be if you bought the HD cylinders and pistons, aftermarket cams and sent your OEM T/B, intake and heads to Dan Vance to have the TB bored, heads ported and intake port matched to heads and T/B He can bore your 50mm T/B to 54mm which will probably flow as good as or better than the OEM 58mm T/B included in the Stage V kit. I know, a bit of a hybrid approach but for the same or maybe less cost, better results.

Understand, not trying to talk you out of the Stage V kit but have seen many disappointed 103 Stage IV, Street and Race kits show up at a local dyno day to be really disappointed in the results. Granted, dealer tuning contributed to much of the disappointment but so does the limitation of the kits themselves.

Good luck with whatever you do and keep us posted on the results; a dyno chart would be great.

Old 10-06-2015, 11:06 AM
Nickblink
Tourer

Originally Posted by djl
Of course, your ride and you decide; however, I must tell you that you are wrong about the value. A well built 107" will out perform the Stage V kit hands down. One reason is that the CNC heads have smaller valves than a set of ported heads would have and the cam lift is limited to .585. The 259E cam set is designed to meet EPA regs and therefore its effectiveness on performance is limited. No disrespect intended, just pointing out why you are wrong about the value added. The Stage V kit is $2300 but you are looking at another $$1200-$1500 for labor and tune.

Anyway, I had another thought about the intake. What would the price be if you bought the HD cylinders and pistons, aftermarket cams and sent your OEM T/B, intake and heads to Dan Vance to have the TB bored, heads ported and intake port matched to heads and T/B He can bore your 50mm T/B to 54mm which will probably flow as good as or better than the OEM 58mm T/B included in the Stage V kit. I know, a bit of a hybrid approach but for the same or maybe less cost, better results.

Understand, not trying to talk you out of the Stage V kit but have seen many disappointed 103 Stage IV, Street and Race kits show up at a local dyno day to be really disappointed in the results. Granted, dealer tuning contributed to much of the disappointment but so does the limitation of the kits themselves.

Good luck with whatever you do and keep us posted on the results; a dyno chart would be great.
Thank DJL,

I have already paid for the kit 2 weeks ago. It's hard to say that a well built 107 will outperform a well built 110 since I haven't yet see data on the new 110 kits, they are 45 days on back order. Regarding the heads I don't see much improvement on others either. The Harley CNC ported heads has almost the same scfm as the mva heads. The 58mm TB should be ok for this build. I spoke with Scott at hillside and he could make some improvement but not much to the TB since he thought the new pro TB is very good.

I do appreciate your suggestion.

Thank you

Old 10-06-2015, 01:35 PM
squirrledog
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What or where are the 107 kits. Im tagging to follow your build.

Quick Reply: 110 bolt-on kit for a 2014 Limited