Engine Mechanical Topics Discussion for motor builds, cams, head work, stripped bolts and other engine related issues. The good and the bad. If it goes round and around or up and down, post it here.

Help adjustable pr with 570 easy start

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 04:59 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

Also spinning a large 260 rocker c rear tire.lol

ALSO ALL RODS ARE IN ZERO LASH IN PIC AS WELL, DONT KNOW HOW THAT WORKED OUT?

Last edited by TOMMYBLAZIN; 09-14-2017 at 05:01 PM.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:04 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master

so what I did was a lil research, seems pic number 2 was actually the cylinder in compression stroke, felt the air suck/push my finger, so I'm adjusting that side first, wish me luck!

Old 09-14-2017, 06:20 PM
Screamin beagle
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,006 Likes on 1,999 Posts

You want ton make sure it's on the compression stroke...so it should definitely be pushing your finger off not sucking it in

Old 09-14-2017, 06:37 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master

well I'm sure it was pushing after looking at pics you can see second pic is extended all the way and the other just the opposite, wich would make sense....cause if there extended, that means pistons at top, and other is lower...im self learning this crap, I paid a lot for this, guy was like I let THEM bleed over night, that says ALL TO ME, NOT ONE AT A TIME, thats how he offed it up...the rest is perfect, no leaks ,clean work, he's got great dirt bike mechanics there and he does work on Harley's so I don't know what happened here.....

Last edited by TOMMYBLAZIN; 09-14-2017 at 06:38 PM.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:45 PM
Screamin beagle
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by TOMMYBLAZIN
well I'm sure it was pushing after looking at pics you can see second pic is extended all the way and the other just the opposite, wich would make sense....cause if there extended, that means pistons at top, and other is lower...im self learning this crap, I paid a lot for this, guy was like I let THEM bleed over night, that says ALL TO ME, NOT ONE AT A TIME, thats how he offed it up...the rest is perfect, no leaks ,clean work, he's got great dirt bike mechanics there and he does work on Harley's so I don't know what happened here.....
I understand your frustration...it sounds like you can do this ...I was just making sure you were on the compression stroke because you can be at TDC on the intake. Get either cylinder on the compression stroke at TDC and the other one will be on overlap...adjust the one one the compression stroke,wait till they bleed down...I found working with the back rod first works for me best...then spin the motor to get the other cylinder on compression TDC and adjust that one...wait till they're bled down before you try to fire it up...you should be good after that unless your mechanic did something really wrong and you've got other problems going on...good luck

The following users liked this post:
TOMMYBLAZIN (09-15-2017)
Old 09-14-2017, 07:47 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master

Originally Posted by Screamin beagle
I understand your frustration...it sounds like you can do this ...I was just making sure you were on the compression stroke because you can be at TDC on the intake. Get either cylinder on the compression stroke at TDC and the other one will be on overlap...adjust the one one the compression stroke,wait till they bleed down...I found working with the back rod first works for me best...then spin the motor to get the other cylinder on compression TDC and adjust that one...wait till they're bled down before you try to fire it up...you should be good after that unless your mechanic did something really wrong and you've got other problems going on...good luck
dude I FINALLY JUST GOT IT, WITH YOU TUBE VIDEOS, I KNOW THE REAR IS RIGHT, BUT I MIGHT OF OVERLAPPED THE FRONT GODAMMIT MY LIFE

Old 09-14-2017, 07:48 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master

Originally Posted by screamin beagle
i understand your frustration...it sounds like you can do this ...i was just making sure you were on the compression stroke because you can be at tdc on the intake. Get either cylinder on the compression stroke at tdc and the other one will be on overlap...adjust the one one the compression stroke,wait till they bleed down...i found working with the back rod first works for me best...then spin the motor to get the other cylinder on compression tdc and adjust that one...wait till they're bled down before you try to fire it up...you should be good after that unless your mechanic did something really wrong and you've got other problems going on...good luck
wait you do both rear and than both front, i been doing one cylinder at a time?

Old 09-14-2017, 07:55 PM
Screamin beagle
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by TOMMYBLAZIN
TO GIVE YOU IDEA THE WAY I JUST DID FIRST PIC, WHERE IM ALMOST OUT OF ADJUSTMENT I JUST HEARD CLICK AND THE PISTON IS LIKE 1" FROM OPEN SPARK PLUG HOLE, SECOND PIC IS OTHER SIDE, THERES SO MUCH MORE ADJUSTMENT OVER THERE, IM DOING FIRST PIC, FIRST, DOES THAT LOOK /SEEM / RIGHT TO YOU GUYS?

THE CYLINDER IN FIRST PIC TOP OF PISTON 1" FROM OPEN PLUG HOLE THE FRONT CYLINDER IS ALMOST EXACTLLY 2" FROM TOP OF HOLE.THAT DOESNT SEEM RIGHT I WOULD THINK ONE WOULD BE ALL UP AND OTHER ALL DOWN? UNLESS I GOT THE THEORY WRONG?
I'm not an expert but that difference in the amount of adjustment between the two cylinders seems way off...I did mine they were basically exactly the same amount for both cylinders...did you let off the pushrod and run it back in until you had zero lash before you did your adjustment? It looks lie someone just kept running that one side out each time it was adjusted and that's why they're so uneven

Old 09-14-2017, 07:57 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master

Originally Posted by Screamin beagle
**** man, how would I even know if front was on overlap, I know rear is right, for sure...

Old 09-14-2017, 08:44 PM
2deuceguy
Road Captain
Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

I'm no expert, but how I do it is have a buddy turn the rear wheel while I have my fingers on the lifters (watch them in your case since pushrods are already in) the whole purpose in TDC compression stroke is so the lifters are on the base circle of the cam. Once I get both on base circle (rear cylinder) I set the intake at zero lash then do however many turns out those pushrods require. Then I set the exhaust the same way. Let it sit for an hour or so. Now have the buddy roll the rear wheel and watch for both lifters on the front cylinder to be on their base circle. Now adjust the front cylinder just like you did the rear. Also note that this is for regular cams. I've never used easy starts so not sure what variation comes with them.

Quick Reply: Help adjustable pr with 570 easy start