91 police to RK nacelle

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 10:14 AM
muttboy
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 91 police to RK nacelle

Hey folks,
I've tried to search, with no luck. I'm looking for intel, links or any direction towon converting the plastic/fiberglass police dash with windshield to the RK nacelle and a speedo on the tank.
Can anyone help or lead me in the right direction?
I'm considering a fairing as well. Both setups are kool. And I'd love to find info on that too. But, I really like that RK look much better.
Thanks in advance.

Old 05-23-2017, 11:31 AM
Donald Mazz Derby
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Its pretty much a bolt on deal. I am going to do it this winter. You can get everything other than the speedo and tank in a kit for 480 from vtwin mfg. For a speedo I am just going to keep the stock tank and run a motogadget motoscopr attached to the uprights of my apes. That way it stays a cleaner look and my speedo is up by my eyes.

Old 08-04-2017, 10:18 AM
Jagg11
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

It's slightly more involved that that, because we have a Speedo cable it presents problems, and the circuit breakers being the headlight make for a tight fight, the anti dive has to be removed or reconfigured. What I did too overcome the Speedo issue is used the dual mount Speedo and tach from an fxr/sporty and used a longer cable and ran it outside the nacelle. Mounted the gauges like the road king mounts the mini tach. There are also ignition switch issues. I had to install the fork lock for a road king and then mount an ignition switch in the gas tank cover. There are also minor things like the brake lines on front need to be adjusted our replaced with a road king style front line. Over all mine turned out pretty killer. But it wasn't a damn buy the parts and bolt it on type situation. I may drill the trans for a Speedo sensor to ruin an eclectic Speedo for better and easier wheel choices. But again depends on the amount of work involved over just getting the Speedo spaced properly. I also got lucky that the 2:1 Speedo and my 22460:1 or whatever that wierd number was Speedo gear actually make for a pretty accurate set up.