EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Stolen topic Do you pull over for junk trucks?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 06:45 PM
WP50
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,720 Likes on 1,169 Posts
Default Stolen topic Do you pull over for junk trucks?

This is being discussed on the General Chat forum.
I visited there out of pure boredom today, it's raining cats and dogs and my little shop has 3-4 inches of rising water in it. Don't know if many of you visit that forum, I stick close to here as a rule. Lots of drama over there. I did find this subject of special interest to me because of where I live.
I'll start this with the post I made there.

I'm in the middle of the W Texas oil patch. We have to watch not only for junk but tools falling from trucks. Usually left on a bumper or flat truck bed. This includes hammers, wrenches and all sorts of stuff. Have seen 36 in and larger pipe wrenches. If traffic permits I'll stop and throw stuff off the road or pick it up.

A few months back I was riding to the next town to meet friends for lunch. Wife was on call so she was following in her company car. Split 4 lane hwy, a pick up was passing me in the left lane. I caught something outta the corner of my eye. As they were passing me there was a flattened out cardboard box in the bed of the truck. We were doing around 70 mph and the wind was causing the flattened box to float at the top edge of PU Bed. This was a Big box of some sort. The box came up and looked to be coming out of the PU, it sure got my Attention. Even in heavy traffic my wife had seen this too. Gladly she backed off and gave me room to slow down and get away from it. The wife chased them and got their attention enough the passenger looked back and saw what the box was doing. They slowed and pulled to the side of road. When I went by they looked to be deciding what to do with it, I had a few suggestions for them but I Didn't pass them along

WP

Last edited by WP50; 09-21-2014 at 07:26 PM.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:53 PM
traildog
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 702 Likes on 353 Posts

Crap. I thought you were asking about the kind of truck Mr. Haney drove on Green Acres...

Never mind.....

Old 09-21-2014, 07:18 PM
nyokie
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I get free tools that way if i notice them, once even picked up a brand new compound hunting bow someone left on their roof and ended up in the road

Old 09-21-2014, 07:24 PM
WP50
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by traildog
Crap. I thought you were asking about the kind of truck Mr. Haney drove on Green Acres...

Never mind.....
Thats your truck now isn't it

There are a few Mr. Haney around here too

WP

Old 09-21-2014, 07:27 PM
WP50
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by nyokie
I get free tools that way if i notice them, once even picked up a brand new compound hunting bow someone left on their roof and ended up in the road
Edited post Yea I have done that too
WP

Old 09-21-2014, 07:32 PM
traildog
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 702 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by WP50
Thats your truck now isn't it

There are a few Mr. Haney around here too

WP
I wish I had a truck.......... you, you, !@#$%^&*()_(*&^%$#E@!@#$%^&*()(*&^T%$R#E@!Q@W#$%^&*()_

Old 09-21-2014, 07:44 PM
WP50
Seasoned HDF Member

I wish I had a truck.......... you, you, !@#$%^&*()_(*&^%$#E@!@#$%^&*()(*&^T%$R#E@!Q@W#$%^& *()_
LMAO I was skipping around on posts and I actually thought THC had post this to me.

I apologize for the confusion Sir.

WP

Old 09-21-2014, 07:48 PM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt

Received 4,321 Likes on 1,948 Posts

I wish I had a truck..........

I'm sure there are some for sale in your area.

Old 09-21-2014, 07:50 PM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt

Received 4,321 Likes on 1,948 Posts

Originally Posted by WP50
This is being discussed on the General Chat forum.
I visited there out of pure boredom today, it's raining cats and dogs and my little shop has 3-4 inches of rising water in it. Don't know if many of you visit that forum, I stick close to here as a rule. Lots of drama over there. I did find this subject of special interest to me because of where I live.
I'll start this with the post I made there.

I'm in the middle of the W Texas oil patch. We have to watch not only for junk but tools falling from trucks. Usually left on a bumper or flat truck bed. This includes hammers, wrenches and all sorts of stuff. Have seen 36 in and larger pipe wrenches. If traffic permits I'll stop and throw stuff off the road or pick it up.

A few months back I was riding to the next town to meet friends for lunch. Wife was on call so she was following in her company car. Split 4 lane hwy, a pick up was passing me in the left lane. I caught something outta the corner of my eye. As they were passing me there was a flattened out cardboard box in the bed of the truck. We were doing around 70 mph and the wind was causing the flattened box to float at the top edge of PU Bed. This was a Big box of some sort. The box came up and looked to be coming out of the PU, it sure got my Attention. Even in heavy traffic my wife had seen this too. Gladly she backed off and gave me room to slow down and get away from it. The wife chased them and got their attention enough the passenger looked back and saw what the box was doing. They slowed and pulled to the side of road. When I went by they looked to be deciding what to do with it, I had a few suggestions for them but I Didn't pass them along

WP

Junk trucks don't bother me but those that carry a pile of sand on a trailer do!!!!!

Old 09-21-2014, 07:53 PM
WP50
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by texashillcountry
Junk trucks don't bother me but those that carry a pile of sand on a trailer do!!!!!
Now That's another good one to watch out for.
Yea Buddy

WP

Quick Reply: Stolen topic Do you pull over for junk trucks?