EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Peace and Quiet with an Evo!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 06:03 PM
96roadking
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NorthGeorgiaHawg

That's the funniest thing I've seen in ages! I snorted my damn coffee up my nose! So Dale, you resemble those...? NEVER MIND!

This is what we woke up to this morning. Atlanta is completely SHUT DOWN... 6" of snow here overnight! My Avalanche seems to take in stride - but poor little Bambi looks SO sad sitting out there covered in the stuff... she's definitely NOT a winter girl!

Dale and Graham, I hope you guys get to feeling better soon... but please do keep your germs to yourselves!
NGH, now you know how the "other" half of us puts up with for months! At least yours is probably destined to melt before long! It may be Gods' way of saying "lay off those danged sweets" (or, "send them up north")

Old 01-10-2011, 06:26 PM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 96roadking
NGH, now you know how the "other" half of us puts up with for months! At least yours is probably destined to melt before long! It may be Gods' way of saying "lay off those danged sweets" (or, "send them up north")
I hear ya, Jeff.... and I just couldn't do it. They'd find me in early May sticking halfway out of a snowbank, like they did that ancient iceman a few years ago!

But at least you guys up there KNOW how to drive on snow... people down here just don't... and they plow into you. There were jacknifed 18-wheelers all over Atlanta today, and the sand trucks can't even get to them. It's a real mess. And we don't have the snowplows you guys do, either... so it stays on secondary roads for long time - like the six miles between my house and GA 400 or I-85. That's the real problem... not the highways, but getting TO 'em. And all the big hills and curves around here don't help, either...

I'd be happy to send you some of NGB's sweets... otherwise, I might need bigger air shocks soon!

Old 01-10-2011, 08:10 PM
schwangster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This is what we woke up to this morning. Atlanta is completely SHUT DOWN... 6" of snow here overnight! My Avalanche seems to take in stride - but poor little Bambi looks SO sad sitting out there covered in the stuff... she's definitely NOT a winter girl!

Nice! Got snowshoes in that garage of yours?
We have a heavy snowfall warning for tonight. Haven't seen any in the city yet this year. A few bikes on the road tonight even. At a balmy 1* (34F)
[/QUOTE]

Dale and Graham, I hope you guys get to feeling better soon... but please do keep your germs to yourselves!
Thanks. The salsa/garlic/tabasco/lemon/whiskey combo worked for me. And no one at work today could even tell I had put lemon in with the garlic, salsa and whiskey! I think I cured 2 of my coworkers just by breathing on them.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:45 PM
schwangster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Graham
Hope your 'catarrh' condtion has left the building, along with the ensuing 'thick exudate of mucus and white blood cells caused by the swelling of the mucous membranes in the head in response to an infection. It is a symptom usually associated with the common cold and chesty coughs, but can also be found in patients with infections of the adenoids, middle ear, sinus or tonsils. The phlegm produced by catarrh may either discharge or cause a blockage which may become chronic.'
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catarrh

you have one-handedly improved my Intelligence Quota!

(Garlic is the answer, in case you ae asking the question!)

Old 01-11-2011, 04:06 AM
96roadking
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by schwangster
Graham
Hope your 'catarrh' condtion has left the building, along with the ensuing 'thick exudate of mucus and white blood cells caused by the swelling of the mucous membranes in the head in response to an infection. It is a symptom usually associated with the common cold and chesty coughs, but can also be found in patients with infections of the adenoids, middle ear, sinus or tonsils. The phlegm produced by catarrh may either discharge or cause a blockage which may become chronic.'
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catarrh

you have one-handedly improved my Intelligence Quota!

(Garlic is the answer, in case you ae asking the question!)
Well NOW I'm not so hungry! You saved the seals in my shocks! (well, until I get over the thought in 10 minutes)

Old 01-11-2011, 04:34 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,854 Likes on 2,420 Posts
Red face

.... like they did that ancient iceman a few years ago!
Ah yes, Ötzi the Iceman. Wouldn't wish that indignity on anyone.

At least your truck is appropriately named, Ken! Should be in its natural environment right now.

But then, I had a four-wheel drive Audi a few years ago. The only times I was in a position to really try out its traction benefits I always got stuck in other traffic!

Thanks for the best wishes chaps, although I'm sure I would feel even better without reading Dale's explanation of why I feel so grim!

The weather is at last easing here, although it can hardly be described as warm. But if I felt better I might just risk a brief spell out in the garage.

Last edited by grbrown; 01-11-2011 at 06:48 AM. Reason: Expanded.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:14 AM
miacycles
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Graham. glad to hear at least your weather is getting better!! Wish I could say the same, 9"-14" due here tuesday through Wednesday, then more on Sataurday, and again on next Tuesday. The "wooley bear" catipillars said it was going to be a long hard winter and it looks like they were right!!!

Old 01-11-2011, 06:54 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Unhappy

Originally Posted by miacycles
Graham. glad to hear at least your weather is getting better!! Wish I could say the same, 9"-14" due here tuesday through Wednesday, then more on Sataurday, and again on next Tuesday. The "wooley bear" catipillars said it was going to be a long hard winter and it looks like they were right!!!
Ouch! That sounds awful John. Console yourself you're not in Queensland Australia. Brisbane is bracing itself for 19 metres of flooding! That's over 60 feet of water. It's on its way and there is nothing they can do, except get out....

Makes me feel glad to have catarrh and live in the Old World!

Old 01-11-2011, 09:36 AM
miacycles
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

One thing I learned in 42 years with the military--"It can always get worse!!!!"

Old 01-11-2011, 09:48 AM
grbrown
Club Member

Originally Posted by miacycles
One thing I learned in 42 years with the military--"It can always get worse!!!!"
The BBC keeps a matronly eye on the old Empire and some of the film we are seeing from Oz is heart-stopping. Not just cars and vans tumbling along in the flood water but whole houses. Even an aeroplane, which takes some believing! Keep dry chaps!

The area of Queensland under floods is the size of France and Germany combined. That's the equivilent of about 10% of the US mainland!

Last edited by grbrown; 01-11-2011 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Expanded.

Quick Reply: Peace and Quiet with an Evo!