EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Peace and Quiet with an Evo!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 06:05 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,853 Likes on 2,420 Posts
Thumbs up

It's a bit difficult to salivate over hooks and plastic lures - but I look forward to seeing what you can harvest with 'em!

Old 02-07-2015, 02:00 PM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,872 Likes on 3,341 Posts

Does Redfish taste anything like Striper? If so the next time i'm down there I'll have to try it...

Old 02-07-2015, 08:15 PM
tmanbuckhunter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by 98hotrodfatboy
Does Redfish taste anything like Striper? If so the next time i'm down there I'll have to try it...
I wouldn't know... never had striper, but redfish is delicious.

Got skunked today... paddled about 5 miles or so and hit up a lot of creeks and coves, but only saw a few mullet... the flats are dead. Talked to a guy back at the boat ramp who had 4 speckled trout and one decent red and said he caught them in a bayou way back up into the wildlife refuge... I wasn't about to paddle a mile and a half to it and then another mile to find the fish. I may try launching into Denham bayou tomorrow at the beginning of it and see if I can find the trout and reds... that cold water has them stacked up fo'sho'.

I'm ready for spring.... the water is crystal clear but it's stained... ready for the fish to come back to the flats and the water to get crystal clear and that magic 70* again.

One of the little creeks I was in... tide was coming in HOT.

Last edited by tmanbuckhunter; 02-07-2015 at 08:46 PM.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:28 AM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt

Received 4,317 Likes on 1,946 Posts

Nice pictures T but where is the coffee or cake???

Old 02-08-2015, 10:26 AM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Default Awesome pic's....

I do a lot of fishing but not with a Kayak. I have thought of getting into it though. I mainly surfcast with my wife. She is pretty avid about it. Bikes, Fishing Thats all that really matters. We have 2 1/2 months before anything really starts to happen here. Last fall there was so much bait (bunker) That the striper wouldn't hit anything, literally 2 miles thick one could walk on water. Never seen anything like it. Blue fish wouldn't even tap anything. Here's a pic of my wifes first keeper striper 32 1/2" 13 lbs. what a day that was. Love it.......

Attached Thumbnails Peace and Quiet with an Evo!-helaine-s-striper-012.jpg  
Old 02-08-2015, 02:01 PM
tmanbuckhunter
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by texashillcountry
Nice pictures T but where is the coffee or cake???
We too po' for that in my house.
I do a lot of fishing but not with a Kayak. I have thought of getting into it though. I mainly surfcast with my wife. She is pretty avid about it. Bikes, Fishing Thats all that really matters. We have 2 1/2 months before anything really starts to happen here. Last fall there was so much bait (bunker) That the striper wouldn't hit anything, literally 2 miles thick one could walk on water. Never seen anything like it. Blue fish wouldn't even tap anything. Here's a pic of my wifes first keeper striper 32 1/2" 13 lbs. what a day that was. Love it.......
I do a lot of surf fishing too... that was primarily what I did until I finally got a kayak. On days with rough surf I'd just toss double drops out there with my 12ft. surf rod hoping for a black drum, whiting, or a red. On days when the surf would be calm, and clean, I'd drive up and down the beach looking for birds working the water hunting for trout. Wade out to the 2nd bar and tear em up, and hope the shark don't eat em off my stringer by the time I get back. I have yet to take my Kayak in the surf but I'd like too... it's hard to catch spanish macks off of Galveston without one. It's doable here in my area of FL on the first sandbar.

Old 02-09-2015, 07:25 AM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member

I wish the sea trout would come up here, I bet they taste real good. Sometimes it's too deep to get to the second bar, can only reach it at low tide but that is where the action is. Best time up here is when the tide turns, in our out.

Old 02-09-2015, 10:15 AM
tmanbuckhunter
Outstanding HDF Member

I wish the sea trout would come up here, I bet they taste real good. Sometimes it's too deep to get to the second bar, can only reach it at low tide but that is where the action is. Best time up here is when the tide turns, in our out.
I'll be real honest with you, and I may get sacrificed by all the inshore ********* with their 40k flats boats and all that fun stuff to go pull all the 30" gator trout of the water and keep them, and then cry about why 30" gator trout are getting harder to find... anyways

Trout is great, and I really like it, especially fried, but there are better tasting fish for sure. I'll take sheepshead or redfish any day of the week. I won't cry about spanish mack or king mack either. The only fish that I find to be even more delicious than sheepshead or redfish is flounder if it is cooked right.

Old 02-09-2015, 10:30 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,853 Likes on 2,420 Posts
Talking

All this talk of goin' fishin' is just fine, but I have yet to see any on a plate! Jus' sayin'........

Old 02-09-2015, 10:35 AM
tmanbuckhunter
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by grbrown
All this talk of goin' fishin' is just fine, but I have yet to see any on a plate! Jus' sayin'........

Last edited by tmanbuckhunter; 02-09-2015 at 10:37 AM.

Quick Reply: Peace and Quiet with an Evo!