EVO All Evo Model Discussion

My riding season is OVER

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 05:14 PM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have extra parts on the shelf to fix your misfortune. New polished S&S lifter blocks done by Ronnie Brown (Brown's Plating). V-Thunder lifters and a new Torrington bearing. I also have a VT5005 and 5015 cams without gears on the shelf if they will work for you. If I can help it won't be for free, but the price will be right to help you out. PM me if you are interested.

Old 08-27-2010, 10:58 PM
alaskajeff
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Buddy WMC
I have extra parts on the shelf to fix your misfortune. New polished S&S lifter blocks done by Ronnie Brown (Brown's Plating). V-Thunder lifters and a new Torrington bearing. I also have a VT5005 and 5015 cams without gears on the shelf if they will work for you. If I can help it won't be for free, but the price will be right to help you out. PM me if you are interested.
PM sent, thanks!

Old 08-28-2010, 02:04 AM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Buddy WMC
There are some awesome people on this forum... and you're one of 'em, Buddy!

Old 08-28-2010, 09:11 PM
alaskajeff
Road Captain

Oil tank drained....................NO PARTICLES FOUND!! It's dark but debris free.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:43 PM
RidemyEVO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by alaskajeff
Oil tank drained....................NO PARTICLES FOUND!! It's dark but debris free.
Jeff not sure ifI mentioned it or not but I bet if you fit the broken chunks to the lifter block skirt that broke off that the pieces all fit and none are missing, well I hope.

Old 08-28-2010, 11:16 PM
alaskajeff
Road Captain

Originally Posted by ridemywg
Jeff not sure ifI mentioned it or not but I bet if you fit the broken chunks to the lifter block skirt that broke off that the pieces all fit and none are missing, well I hope.
I hope so too Lynn, but since I'm PROBABLY doing a total rebuild I will have the opportunity to look everything over for pieces.

Old 08-30-2010, 12:46 AM
alaskajeff
Road Captain
Default UPDATE! iphone pics; cam tappet blocks, etc OUT!

Here is the latest installment of pics. The three pieces that wre found fit perfectly back in the tappet block, so I don't think any other pieces are hidng around.
To me it looks as if the tappet roller needle bearings failed (OR was a byproduct of something else)?? And gave the roller play over time caused it to hit against the skirt and FINALLY do what it did??? I'm wondering WHY the skirts on the rear cylinder block don't wrap the tappets as well as the front cylinder block. It looks (to my untrained eye) that it allowed the movenent that ultimately did the damage? Any one else? Also the cam bearing in the case looks to be OK, as well as the pushrod was not bent (before I cut it out with a set of bolt cutters)

Attached Thumbnails My riding season is OVER-bike-damage-aug-2010-024.jpg   My riding season is OVER-bike-damage-aug-2010-029.jpg   My riding season is OVER-bike-damage-aug-2010-027.jpg   My riding season is OVER-bike-damage-aug-2010-030.jpg   My riding season is OVER-bike-damage-aug-2010-032.jpg  

Old 08-30-2010, 12:51 AM
alaskajeff
Road Captain

More pics of the case and bearing. There is a small amount of scaring on the back near the cam bearing though, should it worry me?
Sorry about the blurryness, my wife has the good camera with her tonight and all I had was my OLD 3G iphone. I can take better pictures of anything you guys want to see later.

Attached Thumbnails My riding season is OVER-bike-damage-aug-2010-033.jpg   My riding season is OVER-bike-damage-aug-2010-034.jpg   My riding season is OVER-bike-damage-aug-2010-036.jpg   My riding season is OVER-bike-damage-aug-2010-035.jpg  

Last edited by alaskajeff; 08-30-2010 at 12:56 AM.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:27 AM
96roadking
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd still get the torrington cam bearing in there! Otherwise it seems like you could be back in business with lifters/blocks.

Old 08-30-2010, 07:35 AM
alaskajeff
Road Captain

Originally Posted by 96roadking
I'd still get the torrington cam bearing in there! Otherwise it seems like you could be back in business with lifters/blocks.
For sure, I'll more than likely change the cam bearing out just for piece of mind. But NOW with my limited funding I MIGHT just replace what I need to, do a cam swap, and see what happens.

Quick Reply: My riding season is OVER