EVO All Evo Model Discussion

1994 FLHTC Seat

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 04:12 PM
miacycles
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Alright guys when it comes to seats Mean City Cycles wins hands down. They are a sponsor here, I am in no way associated with them, but whenever anyone came into the shop and asked we would send them there99% were satisfied, the other 1% called them, sent it back and was happy with the re-do. Just call and talk to them and tell them exactly what you want and what do they reccomend. If you tell them you want the wrong thing then that is what you will get, so listen to their reccomendations. They will give you a date, send your seat in so that it reaches them just before that and they will do the seat on the promised date and send it right back to you.
After they did my wifes seat she had a minor problem with it hurting her where she broke her "tailbone". We were traveling through North Carolina and called them. They said stop on by and we will custom fit it to her. While we were there they came out and looked at my seat that they had also done. The owner said "take that seat off, I don't like the way it was streched". I took it off and the re-did that one too. Great service and pride in their work. Hope this helps.

Old 02-19-2012, 04:09 AM
ZBear
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Before I returned to this thread, I was referred to Mean City
http://meancitycycles.com/
and conversed with Allen. We decided to take the original "pillow/button" seat and rebuild it with the double layer memory foam and new top cover. I created a carton for it and took it over to FedEx yesterday. Mean City is quite reasonable....FedEx isn't. However I guess I can't carry it from Iowa to Carolina for $34. I miss the days when we could take stuff into work and ship with the corporate rates. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Old 02-19-2012, 09:24 AM
pigbike
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have known about Mean City cycles for a few years, and have heard nothing but good reports about their work.

I also have talked to Allen via Email and will probably have them rebuild my seat and recover it also. I didn't know that they would replace the cover, and I don't want the old one. Allen advised they could make a complete new cover, and replace the foam. This is what I need.

Old 02-19-2012, 09:39 AM
96roadking
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As has been stated, all posteriors differ. I have found that the single most effective thing that I have done to improve comfort was to add a sheepskin cover from alaskaleather.com. a lot less cash than a seat! no affiliation.