EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Killer carb question(s)

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 02:46 PM
monkeyboy22
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 836 Likes on 406 Posts
Default Killer carb question(s)

I've read a lot of positive reviews on Dale's Killer carbs and decided to go ahead and get one. Here's my situation: I bought a '94 FXR a few months ago and have been getting it to fit me. Changed the bars, shocks, seat fixed some leaks, etc. It's now ready to go on the road but, in the future, I plan on doing some minor (cam and pipes) engine modifications. It's in stock form right now. The first question is Do I get the carb modified now and have it set up for the current configuration and then when the engine changes are done just rejet the carb or do I wait untill all the engine changes have been completed? The other question concerns the carb itself. I have the original CV carb that came on the bike and I have another CV carb that came of a '04 Twin Cam engine. Which one of these would perform the best for the final configuration of the bike? Thanks in advance for all of your suggestions.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:02 PM
gsxrboy96
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it were me, I would save my money on the 189 dollar polish job and modify the current carb you have, and you can even experiment with the 04 carb, usually a sporty needle, larger pilot jet and maybe even main will go a long way, chad

Old 05-10-2012, 05:29 PM
Doug S
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

189 dollar polish job
X2...lolol..They seem to be set up pretty fat as well.

First, I would wait to do anything with the carb until I saw how the bike runs now and especially if you are planning engine mods-why do it twice??

Your twinkie carb will be fine, it does not have an overrflow but the basic carb is the same, it may have larger jets. It's really nice to have two carbs, I have one highly modified and another that is fairly stock except for the jets. Big difference in performance and MPG between the two, one makes power the other is stingy on fuel...I can't remember where the fuel effcient one is right at the moment..LOL

Doug

Old 05-10-2012, 07:56 PM
RidemyEVO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Is the Twinkie carb bigger? You can get the carb now, mine tended to be fat on the jets but it doesn't take much to change jetting.