Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Rush vs Wild Pigs

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 02:13 AM
TerryM
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rush vs Wild Pigs

Any one have any input on which one is louder? I currently have the wild pigs but am considering ordering the rush with 2.0 baffles, pc3, anf k&N from fuel moto. I have personally never heard the rush pipes but have read great things about them. Cant really tell the sound diff from their website. Would like to have a little louder pipes than my wild pigs.

Old 05-16-2007, 08:25 AM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Rush vs Wild Pigs

ORIGINAL: TerryM

Any one have any input on which one is louder? I currently have the wild pigs but am considering ordering the rush with 2.0 baffles, pc3, anf k&N from fuel moto. I have personally never heard the rush pipes but have read great things about them. Cant really tell the sound diff from their website. Would like to have a little louder pipes than my wild pigs.
They are pretty much the same exact mufflers.............they are both available with different baffle sizes, and the better ones are probably the Wild Pigs since they cost much less.

It will be cheaper for you to just order 2" baffles for your Wild Pigs, they sell them right on their website.

Steve

Old 05-16-2007, 01:52 PM
TerryM
Cruiser

I actually have the 2 inch in the pigs. Will changing the intake to the K&N and pc3 from fuel moto change the sound of the pipes? Make it louder?

Old 05-16-2007, 08:59 PM
mikeyflhti
Cruiser

Remove the baffles, take the wrap off of the baffles then reinstall them. They WILL sound different. I have both the 1.75" and 2" baffles, and have tried both wrapped and unwrapped. I prefer the 2" without the wrap. To me, the sound really changed from accelerating to decel with the wrap on the baffles, good on accel, really muffled on decel and an entirely different tone. Without the wrap the sound transition is smoother and more like what it 'should' sound like, at least to me. Try it for yourself, it only takes 5 minutes to do both of the baffles. If it is too loud and you don't like it, spend 5 minutes to change it back.

I agree that the Ruch mufflers are probably going to sound the same. BTW, I think I paid less than $40 for the baffles.

Old 05-16-2007, 10:49 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: TerryM

Will changing the intake to the K&N and pc3 from fuel moto change the sound of the pipes? Make it louder?
Yes, changing the intake will allow more air in and will change the exhaust sound a bit........normally makes it deeper sounding.

Steve

Old 05-16-2007, 11:13 PM
TerryM
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: mikeyflhti

Remove the baffles, take the wrap off of the baffles then reinstall them. They WILL sound different. I have both the 1.75" and 2" baffles, and have tried both wrapped and unwrapped. I prefer the 2" without the wrap. To me, the sound really changed from accelerating to decel with the wrap on the baffles, good on accel, really muffled on decel and an entirely different tone. Without the wrap the sound transition is smoother and more like what it 'should' sound like, at least to me. Try it for yourself, it only takes 5 minutes to do both of the baffles. If it is too loud and you don't like it, spend 5 minutes to change it back.

I agree that the Ruch mufflers are probably going to sound the same. BTW, I think I paid less than $40 for the baffles.
Removed the wrap the day i got them, those were my thoughts exactly

Old 05-25-2007, 01:35 PM
huffhuff
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

i found that installing the baffles reversed quieted them quite a bit. just had to drill one hole in the opposite end of each.

Old 05-25-2007, 04:36 PM
jp13
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I considered going with Rush also. I e mailed Eastern and asked if my Pythons on my lowrider, 3" baffles, are as loud. He said mine are the loudest.

Old 05-25-2007, 08:34 PM
JeffSG
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go with the 2.50' baffles right out of the gate. The 2' baffles are nice, but the 2.5' really rumble. I have heard the Wild Pigs, but IMHO the Rush pipes sound and look better.

Peace,

Old 05-26-2007, 12:06 PM
103Street
Advanced

Just ordered a set of Rush 2.25. Thought about the Wild Pigs but went with the Rush. Hope i like them. Waiting on the back orderd SERT.

Quick Reply: Rush vs Wild Pigs