Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Rinehart true duals exhausted sound problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 12:04 PM
topfun
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rinehart true duals exhausted sound problem

Hi guys, I had installed Rine hart true duals (RHTD) with Power Vision (PV 2) two years ago in to RoadKing 2014. The sound of RHTD is very beautiful with me - not too loud, hi bass. But recently I found that my exhausted sound become smaller, specially in 1000-1500 Rpm its sound like the OEM exhausted, and the bass tone also very bad.
The bike still have good horse power, performance ony the sound is worse. I have check with the end cap, and the connector between the head pipes and the muffler without any noticeable.
So need your valuables advice where I have to start to check and fix it ? Are there have some fibber glass inside the muffer has been gone so the sound no more low tone ???
Thanks for any of your inputs.

Last edited by topfun; 06-09-2017 at 12:07 PM.
Old 06-18-2017, 06:59 AM
1340hog
Tourer
Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts

you don't mention the type mufflers your using.most slip on mufflers use some kind of fiberglass bedding around the baffles.if your baffles are removable,take them out and you will see that alot of the bedding is gone or carbined up.I once read somewhere that you can use wood stove door gasket(fire proof rope)around the baffles.or just replace the baffles with new.If the baffles are not removable your out of luck.new mufflers may be in your future.This may not be your problem but its just something to think about.Also if your bike has a cat on it,it may be loading up .This would change the sound to.If it is a clogged cat it needs to go away before you burn an exhaust valve.

Last edited by 1340hog; 06-18-2017 at 08:46 AM.
Old 07-14-2017, 11:06 AM
topfun
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 1340hog
you don't mention the type mufflers your using.most slip on mufflers use some kind of fiberglass bedding around the baffles.if your baffles are removable,take them out and you will see that alot of the bedding is gone or carbined up.I once read somewhere that you can use wood stove door gasket(fire proof rope)around the baffles.or just replace the baffles with new.If the baffles are not removable your out of luck.new mufflers may be in your future.This may not be your problem but its just something to think about.Also if your bike has a cat on it,it may be loading up .This would change the sound to.If it is a clogged cat it needs to go away before you burn an exhaust valve.
My exhaust is true duals full system with 4" baffles it not slip on mufflers. Does they provide fiberglass bedding around the full system pipe ?

Old 07-15-2017, 06:24 AM
Xpressway
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

No, Reinhart doesn't have fiberglass packing... I suggest re-loading your tune again and see if that helps....

Old 07-16-2017, 02:01 PM
topfun
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Xpressway
No, Reinhart doesn't have fiberglass packing... I suggest re-loading your tune again and see if that helps....
I will try on that, so far I intended to replace the factory baffles with the 2,5" performance