Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

I think HD improved the sound of SE Street Cannons

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 11:03 AM
phildrz
Novice
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by phildrz

Installed the SE Cannons and they are what I’m looking for. I didn’t loose that low end throttle twist torque, tame noise level at low throttle input, and puts out a good growl when the throttle is opened up. Still am partial to the Rinehart sound though. I think a stock motor with stage 1 upgrades the SE Cannons are a good choice. With some engine work and displacement increase the Rineharts will probably be better.
Video after install...

Old 01-19-2019, 11:05 AM
Tired
Elite HDF Member
Received 4,457 Likes on 1,694 Posts

"HDMC claims you get a 10 percent increase in HP and torque with this complete stage 1"

Guy in the vid said, "Up to 10%". Could be 1%, could be 2 1/2%.

Old 01-19-2019, 11:35 AM
Higgy66
Novice
Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts

I put my bike in storage at the dealership for winter. Got to finish changing the car port into a garage this year so i can have it at home to stare at While it is in there i got them to do a complete SE stage 1 on it. Cant wait to get it back now that i see you guys comments that it sounds pretty decent. Was a bit worried if i had made the right choice. This thread has made me a bit more confident now. It would be great if you get a chance to post a video

Old 01-19-2019, 12:35 PM
Ddieselsmoke
Tourer
Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Higgy66
I put my bike in storage at the dealership for winter. Got to finish changing the car port into a garage this year so i can have it at home to stare at While it is in there i got them to do a complete SE stage 1 on it. Cant wait to get it back now that i see you guys comments that it sounds pretty decent. Was a bit worried if i had made the right choice. This thread has made me a bit more confident now. It would be great if you get a chance to post a video
Winter storage sucks no matter where it is!

Old 01-19-2019, 03:29 PM
Ddieselsmoke
Tourer

Originally Posted by QAfred
If you like the slip ons you should hear their complete exhaust system and it has the SE emblem: While researching exhaust systems I discovered HDMC installed the cat converters in front pipe, probably to save on platinum costs. It is super restrictive so I decided to purchase the full SE exhaust system which moves cat converters into the slip ons where they belong. I also purchased the high flow intake and the SE pro tuner so I can tune- remap ECM on my own (anything to stay out of the stealership).

The SE slip-ons you buy for stock front pipes do not have cat converters in them and won't fit on the full exhaust system so you can't mix them up-bypass the cat converter entirely when using SE hardware. They sound really good, unlike the SE slip ons that go on stock pipes which are a bit tame and I read a lot of complaints about.

The SE tuner and associated cables you need to hook up to the ECM connector and software you download on your laptop makes it a really easy DIY to tune yourself.
I installed complete exhaust system and tuned it in less than 6 hours, which for a first time is not too bad IMO.

HDMC claims you get a 10 percent increase in HP and torque with this complete stage 1, vs what I call a partial stage 1 if you just get slip ons over crappy front pipes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJw7hdEFing
most everyone always says "These bikes run lean from the factory. " Don't sound like they do. Sounds like they run lean after people start goofing around without tuning.
good video.

Old 01-20-2019, 03:35 PM
phildrz
Novice
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Video after install...
Finally was able to get video downloaded after much editing due to file being too big. Wanted to post entire video but this is as good as I could get it.

Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_2422.MOV (4.11 MB, 185 views)
The following users liked this post:
Higgy66 (01-20-2019)
Old 01-21-2019, 03:00 AM
Ddieselsmoke
Tourer

Finally was able to get video downloaded after much editing due to file being too big. Wanted to post entire video but this is as good as I could get it.
sometimes you can put it on youtube and post a link. That way you can make it as long as you like.

Old 02-08-2019, 01:41 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,273 Likes on 11,143 Posts

Ok...I finally got around to posting on YouTube...hopefully this reflects the sound of the latest version Street Cannons on my M8 Ultra Limited.

Last edited by TriGeezer; 02-08-2019 at 01:43 PM.
Old 02-09-2019, 03:27 PM
Erilflynn
Road Master

Received 144 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Tired
"HDMC claims you get a 10 percent increase in HP and torque with this complete stage 1"

Guy in the vid said, "Up to 10%". Could be 1%, could be 2 1/2%.
Just completed an all Harley part Stage 1. Bike is definitely more responsive but won’t know about an actual torque gain until I get it out on the road. Think I read somewhere it takes a couple of tanks of gas for ECM to adjust.

Old 02-09-2019, 03:33 PM
Erilflynn
Road Master

Received 144 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by TriGeezer
Ok...I finally got around to posting on YouTube...hopefully this reflects the sound of the latest version Street Cannons on my M8 Ultra Limited.

https://youtu.be/lhPBCUP5mBw

https://youtu.be/fcslMpUtjeI

Wow sounds great! Is that with the SE AC and Harley Street Tuner? My new Street Cannons don’t sound like that.

Quick Reply: I think HD improved the sound of SE Street Cannons