Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

tw 37 cams and RB racing 2 into 1's

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 09:42 PM
Bibs
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tw 37 cams and RB racing 2 into 1's

I'm doing a build,95" type with ported heads and wiseco pistons....but it will take time due to $$ restraints.
So here's my question: I have the cams(yeah they're chain drive LOL) and my 2 into 1's will be with me by early august.It will take me several weeks to come up with the money to get the heads done and cylinders bored.
I'm thinking that in the mean time...I could put the cams in and rework the CV as well as put on the pipes and enjoy the benefit of what those components will do for performance.The motor will still be an 88....but she oughta run pretty respectable....No?
I fully realize the cams arent Ideally suited for only 8.9-1....but it could be a month or more before I can get the rest of my parts ready to put on.

Please give me your opinion as to what I may find or expect with my Idea here.......thank you all!!

Old 07-16-2007, 09:57 PM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
Default RE: tw 37 cams and RB racing 2 into 1's

No harm will become of it .....go ahead and enjoy your self.

Old 07-17-2007, 09:46 AM
Bibs
Banned

Well Guys.....I decided to go with gear drive after all.After reading numerous posts about the benefits and advantage of doing so.....I have to agree that this is the only way to go!!!!

Old 07-17-2007, 12:49 PM
HDWRENCH
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

With the pipe you are using and that cam with low compression they bike is going to be very sluggish in the low rpm range. Other than that enjoy the new build.

Old 07-17-2007, 04:59 PM
Bibs
Banned

Yeah.....I've been thinking the same thing.I sat down with my wife today and asked her if she thought we could pull off the funds to get what work done that I plan on doing......well she had a surprise for me!!! Seems the Dear has been holding out on me LOL.........I sent the cylinders and barrells out to Mega Flow in PA.....we spoke on the phone last night jotting down all the particulars,etc.
So...ta make a long story short,All the work is going to be done at the same time....heads,95" bore w/wiseco flat tops,37 gear (andrews)drive set up,RB 2 into1 pipes and the carb reworked.
Jim over at Mega Flow thinks I may be looking at 100-105 torque and 90-95 HP. I have to figure out how to do all this work!!! If it were an EVO No problems.......I've never worked on a twink before.I think the only real problem though may be the cams.

Wadayou guys think?

Old 07-17-2007, 10:03 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you can build an EVO, you can build a TC. It does take a couple special tools, but with those available and a svc manual, you should have no problem!

Old 07-18-2007, 07:30 AM
Bibs
Banned

Phil...I think I can pull it off with some assistance from the guys on this forum.I noticed as I read more into this site that some guys are changing out their oil pumps.I can understand the concerns.....but is this really needed? I plan on going with Amsoil(motor has 3700 on it now)for lower operating temps. and superior lubrication.......whats your take on this?

Old 07-18-2007, 05:58 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like AMSoil... it's what's in my bike now.

The Fueling oil pump is a nice piece, but honestly... the stock setup is fine. There are more than a few hotrod Harleys running stock pump & camplate w/o issue. The bypass circuit, in the stock camplate,is prone to "sticking" and Fueling has a camplate test device. I believe I read that Steve (GMR) has one and likes it. Perhaps he can elaborate more on that. With stock camplates, I will usually add the $7 Zippers bypass shim.

FWIW.... (and that's not too much), I run the new R&R camplate w/a Feuling pump. Guess that wad of cash was bruising my butt cheek and I needed to get rid of it.

Old 07-18-2007, 07:37 PM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I am running the stock oil pump and cam plate with no problems to date, 5k miles since the build and 32 psi when off idle, 14 psi at idle so no worries about oil flow here.

Old 07-19-2007, 08:17 AM
Bibs
Banned

Well....just for ***** and giggles I called Dan baisley and asked about their spring(for the oil pump)....16$ later,I have one coming in the mail.He said its a great item to increase oil pressure.I'm learning more every day!!!!!

Now if I could just find some nice pictures of a cam/gear drive install aside from the one I downloaded from S&S.............

Quick Reply: tw 37 cams and RB racing 2 into 1's