Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

S&S Superstreet 2-1 Race Only warning

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2022, 04:17 PM
PA Woody
Intermediate

Received 28 Likes on 10 Posts

I am aware they have a great reputation as well as S&S. That's why I chose them instead of one of the many others who sell these. They weren't the lowest priced. Perhaps I would have had the same experience had I gone with any of the others. They all have the same photos. But they also have a responsibility to represent their products accurately.
I have not tried private messaging. I didn't even realize, at the time, they were a sponsor here. I first emailed them via their "contact us" link on their website because our business hours make it difficult for me to call when they are open. They told me to call. But, when I finally got the time to call I was told, basically, it's my own fault for not calling in the order. I see no reason to believe a PM would be any more productive.
The rep did send me a Return Authorization form, my receipt and a photo of a shipping label. But no Return Authorization number. By the time I realized there was no Return Authorization Number included, they were closed for the weekend.
For a moment I thought that maybe the shipping label photo meant they were going to pay the shipping. But they have the money and could deduct whatever they want for the shipping charges, handling etc.

Old 09-12-2022, 09:43 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,118 Likes on 1,341 Posts

Originally Posted by PA Woody
I am aware they have a great reputation as well as S&S. That's why I chose them instead of one of the many others who sell these. They weren't the lowest priced. Perhaps I would have had the same experience had I gone with any of the others. They all have the same photos. But they also have a responsibility to represent their products accurately.
I have not tried private messaging. I didn't even realize, at the time, they were a sponsor here. I first emailed them via their "contact us" link on their website because our business hours make it difficult for me to call when they are open. They told me to call. But, when I finally got the time to call I was told, basically, it's my own fault for not calling in the order. I see no reason to believe a PM would be any more productive.
The rep did send me a Return Authorization form, my receipt and a photo of a shipping label. But no Return Authorization number. By the time I realized there was no Return Authorization Number included, they were closed for the weekend.
For a moment I thought that maybe the shipping label photo meant they were going to pay the shipping. But they have the money and could deduct whatever they want for the shipping charges, handling etc.
As Justin noted when you contacted us last week we are offering a full refund for the purchase and we are also covering return shipping, On Friday 9/9 we emailed a pre-paid return shipping label (i'm assuming this is what you are referring to as the shipping label photo). This label will need to be printed and securely fixed to the package. If you need any additional assistance getting the package back to us you can send email to justink@fuelmotousa.com and we'll get you refunded as soon as we get the package back.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

The following 6 users liked this post by fuelmoto:
chopper_man (09-12-2022), Goose_NC (09-12-2022), IronAss (09-12-2022), RFG7680 (09-20-2022), Tired (09-12-2022), Wmitz (09-12-2022) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-12-2022, 03:43 PM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior

Received 565 Likes on 393 Posts

I recently bought the chrome, S&S Superstreet 2 into 1 "Race Only" system (550-0790) for my 2020 Softail Slim. I shopped around and looked at a lot of pictures at various online vendors and finally placed my order. I was excited when they were delivered. My excitement turned to disappointment when I opened the box and saw something that was not in any of the product photos on any of the websites that sold these. Right next to the S&S logo on the muffler, about the same size as the logo, is etched "RACE ONLY". I don't know if it's laser etched or some sort of powdercoat but it won't come off with any of the chemicals I tried. Acetone, metal polish, chrome polish, etc.
I don't have a problem with them branding the race only stuff like this if that's what they want to do. I do have a problem with them not showing the branding in any of the product photos. I would not have bought the system if I had seen what it actually looked like. The vendor wants a 15% restocking on all returns so I might be out $150 if I return them. I don't know if they'll waive that under the circumstances. I haven't received a reply to my email yet.
If you are considering this particular model, the photo I've attached is what you'll actually receive.
Having a hard time understanding why your Indy shop has a 15% restock fee.

Never mind. You bought from dot com.

Last edited by hrdtail78; 09-12-2022 at 03:44 PM.
The following users liked this post:
M Oclaf (09-12-2022)
Old 09-14-2022, 01:48 AM
Toolmaker5150
Cruiser
Received 132 Likes on 78 Posts

Yea, this is totally lame.Like the company logo isn't bad enough. Seems they are bowing to the EPA gods.
S&S has always made great products,but this kind of crap really turns me off.

I emailed them recently to ask them some questions about cam and exhaust matches. They only seemed really
interested how I managed to get their race pipe being I live in California ! It's actually very easy and none of their
damn business.

The following 2 users liked this post by Toolmaker5150:
Plow64 (12-10-2022), porkster (10-30-2022)
Old 09-14-2022, 07:16 AM
slw210
Road Warrior

Received 901 Likes on 575 Posts

I would be pissed as well, since it was never mentioned.

I could always throw it on the laser engraver and make something else though. Time to play with some images to see what I can come up with. Maybe I could get a returned one dirt cheap somewhere.

Glad to see they are going to take care of it.

Old 09-20-2022, 07:49 AM
tonyd2017
Road Master
Received 433 Likes on 239 Posts

I've been holding off naming them hoping they would step up and do the right thing. But it doesn't look like that's going to happen. The vendor in question is Fuel Moto. I'm sure others have had positive experiences with them. Unfortunately, I haven't.
Thanks for the information

Old 09-20-2022, 09:03 AM
PA Woody
Intermediate

Received 28 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by tonyd2017
Thanks for the information
UPDATE: I am very pleased to report that I shipped the pipes back to Fuel Moto and they have refunded the full purchase price as well as the shipping costs. They have also updated their website to inform shoppers of the branding on the muffler. Thank you Fuel Moto.

Ghost883 (10-02-2022)
Old 10-23-2022, 01:06 PM
Toolmaker5150
Cruiser
Received 132 Likes on 78 Posts

I had cerakote applied to my black muffler. I was up in the air about removing the S&S badge, but decided to coat over it for the subdued look. At least the “Race Only” crap is gone.

Running a Thunderheader for now anyway.

porkster (10-30-2022)