Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

2022 fat bob possible stage 2 which exhaust? Is stage 2 worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2023, 08:41 AM
Harl36
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2022 fat bob possible stage 2 which exhaust? Is stage 2 worth it?

Hey guys I’ve been following these threads for quite awhile. I just got a 2022 fat bob I’ll link a pic, thinking about doing a stage 2 (not fully sure if it’s worth it) I’ll eventually jump up to a street or road glide. I just came from riding a sport bike all my life. I was told I need a 2-1 exhaust for the full effect of the cam, so I’m curious which exhaust you think would be best for performance and if I should go stainless steel, black ceramic or black chrome. I was told red shift 472 cam would be the way to go. Thanks for the help.

Old 11-26-2023, 06:05 PM
luckiestiff
Road Master
Received 626 Likes on 273 Posts

I'm a fan of SP Concepts Exhaust just received my lanesplitter for the lowrider ST, high quality exhaust at a reasonable price.

The following users liked this post:
Harl36 (11-26-2023)
Old 11-26-2023, 06:25 PM
Harl36
Intermediate

Originally Posted by luckiestiff
I'm a fan of SP Concepts Exhaust just received my lanesplitter for the lowrider ST, high quality exhaust at a reasonable price.
was told I need a long 2-1 pipe not a shorty or medium for max power and torque from it

Old 11-26-2023, 06:46 PM
luckiestiff
Road Master

Originally Posted by Harl36
was told I need a long 2-1 pipe not a shorty or medium for max power and torque from it
Not sure where you heard that, and I'm not an exhaust engineer by any stretch of the imagination, but just about every good performing 2 into 1 for the M8 is short to mid length. That's got to say something. Maybe give Fuel Moto a call and talk to them about what you're trying to acheive, they'll give it to you straight on cam, intake, pipe, etc.

Harl36 (11-26-2023)
Old 11-28-2023, 10:45 PM
60Gunner
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,198 Likes on 895 Posts

Originally Posted by luckiestiff
Not sure where you heard that, and I'm not an exhaust engineer by any stretch of the imagination, but just about every good performing 2 into 1 for the M8 is short to mid length. That's got to say something. Maybe give Fuel Moto a call and talk to them about what you're trying to acheive, they'll give it to you straight on cam, intake, pipe, etc.
What exhaust do you consider most of the best performing?
Also one of the best performing exhaust for an M8 is a 212. The FM X pipe with Khromewerks HP+ mufflers will outperform many 2in1s. Especially short ones.
Does this look short?
https://www.westendmotorsports.com/d...rome-or-black/
Originally Posted by Harl36
Hey guys I’ve been following these threads for quite awhile. I just got a 2022 fat bob I’ll link a pic, thinking about doing a stage 2 (not fully sure if it’s worth it) I’ll eventually jump up to a street or road glide. I just came from riding a sport bike all my life. I was told I need a 2-1 exhaust for the full effect of the cam, so I’m curious which exhaust you think would be best for performance and if I should go stainless steel, black ceramic or black chrome. I was told red shift 472 cam would be the way to go. Thanks for the help.
Who said the the 472 was the way to go and why?

That SP concepts sounds like a short pipe and struggles in the lower rpms. Most short pipes do.
Sound is subjective and short pipes like this sound like *** imo and certainly aren't necessary for good performance.

The Rush Wrath will sound good and perform well if you want a 2in1. So will some other good long pipes.
Stick with a longer pipe.
The stock decatted head pipes and a good pair of slip ons like the HP+ will do better than you think too.

That 472 is an ok cam. Take a look at the TTS 175.
Here it is with a 212 exhaust. Fullsac head pipe with 2" Fullsac cores in the stock mufflers.
A torque curve to die for...
​​​​​​

There's my .

​​​​​​

Last edited by 60Gunner; 11-29-2023 at 12:11 AM.
Harl36 (11-29-2023)
Old 11-29-2023, 05:23 AM
Harl36
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 60Gunner
Also one of the best performing exhaust for an M8 is a 212. The FM X pipe with Khromewerks HP+ mufflers will outperform many 2in1s. Especially short ones.
Does this look short?

That SP concepts sounds like a short pipe and struggles in the lower rpms. Most short pipes do.
Sound is subjective and short pipes like this sound like *** imo and certainly aren't necessary for good performance.
youtu.be/uJmx-lNkLe8?si=GDO7qThMD5enhqHq

The Rush Wrath will sound good and perform well if you want a 2in1. So will some other good long pipes.
The stock decatted head pipes and a good pair of slip ons like the HP+ will do better than you think too.

Here it is with a 212 exhaust. Fullsac head pipe with 2" Fullsac cores in the stock mufflers.
​​​​​​

There's my .

​​​​​​
thanks for the insight I heard from a few people who tune and what not that the redshift 472 is a great all around cam for low end torque and still holds in the higher end also. That and the redshift 468 for all low end torque.

Old 11-29-2023, 09:24 AM
luckiestiff
Road Master

Originally Posted by 60Gunner
Does this look short?

youtu.be/uJmx-lNkLe8?si=GDO7qThMD5enhqHq

​​​​​​

There's my .

​​​​​​
I love my lanesplitter, that being said I'm not looking for crazy amounts of HP out of my bike. The SP exhaust came highly recommended from someone whose opinion I value more than just about anyone. I'm sure there's "better" systems out there but for the $$$ it's hard to beat the SP products. What would you recommend?

Old 11-29-2023, 09:47 AM
MattLS6
Road Captain
Received 441 Likes on 224 Posts

These bikes respond very well to stage 2. Whether it’s worth it is up to you. Maybe not worth it to a guy who is making payments on his bike still, maybe worth it to a guy with cash to spend. Coming from a sport bike I am sure you will welcome the additional power.

472 would probably be a great all around cam. There’s an abundance of good choices available.

Your pipe is a **** performer (have it on one of my Softails) so I do think it’s wise to change it when going stage 2. Freedom sharp curve radius or radical radius are the best performing 2 into 2 pipes for the M8 that I’ve seen and used. 2 into 1 wise it seems D&D (forget which model) is towards the top of the heap. The S&S super street is damn good too. Lotta boutique 2 into 1 pipes out there which work fine at stage 1 but then like **** once a cam with overlap is introduced into the equation.

The following 2 users liked this post by MattLS6:
Harl36 (11-29-2023), Slingshot383 (11-30-2023)
Old 11-29-2023, 09:53 AM
Harl36
Intermediate

https://www.westendmotorsports.com/b...iABEgIPJ_D_BwE

I ended up going with a bassani 2-1 pipe I heard bassani is a great pipe. Lanesplitter might be to loud for my neighborhood lol

luckiestiff (11-29-2023)
Old 11-29-2023, 10:14 AM
MattLS6
Road Captain
Received 441 Likes on 224 Posts

I previously had the Bassani on my 122”. Nice looking pipe, will look great on your bike. Will show a low end dip but will make good power. One of the better 2 into 1 pipes I’d say. I hated the sound but that’s super subjective.

Quick Reply: 2022 fat bob possible stage 2 which exhaust? Is stage 2 worth it?