Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

2022 fat bob possible stage 2 which exhaust? Is stage 2 worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2023, 10:16 AM
Harl36
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MattLS6
I previously had the Bassani on my 122”. Nice looking pipe, will look great on your bike. Will show a low end dip but will make good power. One of the better 2 into 1 pipes I’d say. I hated the sound but that’s super subjective.
was going to go for the 2-1 super street or the Sawicki but I heard that that point it’s splitting hairs they’re all so similar

Old 11-29-2023, 05:40 PM
60Gunner
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,198 Likes on 895 Posts

Originally Posted by luckiestiff
I love my lanesplitter, that being said I'm not looking for crazy amounts of HP out of my bike. The SP exhaust came highly recommended from someone whose opinion I value more than just about anyone. I'm sure there's "better" systems out there but for the $$$ it's hard to beat the SP products. What would you recommend?
For a 2in1? The Rush Wrath like I said. The Dragos Dragula is another and basically a modified Wrath. The Thunderheader does well and sounds good but is cheaply constructed and won't last.
Personally I'd be looking at an X pipe with the Khromewerks HP+ mufflers. They will do as well if not better than most 2in1s and have the best sound I've ever heard on a Harley and very high quality construction.
A good set of true duals with stepped head pipes work well too with the right mufflers.

It's not the hp that sucks with short megaphones. It's the low end. That and they sound like **** imo. Like a loud crotch rocket. Look like one too.
If you want a shorter pipe and don't mind stainless, take a look at Thrashin'. Personally I think it's ugly but performs well and the different baffle/end cap combos allows it to be customized for the build.

The following users liked this post:
luckiestiff (11-29-2023)
Old 11-29-2023, 05:54 PM
Harl36
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 60Gunner
For a 2in1? The Rush Wrath like I said. The Dragos Dragula is another and basically a modified Wrath. The Thunderheader does well and sounds good but is cheaply constructed and won't last.
Personally I'd be looking at an X pipe with the Khromewerks HP+ mufflers. They will do as well if not better than most 2in1s and have the best sound I've ever heard on a Harley and very high quality construction.
A good set of true duals with stepped head pipes work well too with the right mufflers.

It's not the hp that sucks with short megaphones. It's the low end. That and they sound like **** imo. Like a loud crotch rocket. Look like one too.
If you want a shorter pipe and don't mind stainless, take a look at Thrashin'. Personally I think it's ugly but performs well and the different baffle/end cap combos allows it to be customized for the build.
im looking for the rush wrath and khromewerks but only seeing it for touring bikes not the fat bob. Can you send links? Thank you

Old 11-29-2023, 09:12 PM
60Gunner
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Harl36
im looking for the rush wrath and khromewerks but only seeing it for touring bikes not the fat bob. Can you send links? Thank you
I forgot you were on a softail. So am I. Unfortunately choices are limited. Cross under x pipes don't work. I'm in a twin cam build and run the Bassani Pro Streets. One of the few TDs that do well because of the stepped head pipes. They make them for M8s too.
The stock headpipes and slip ons like the Khromewerks or Rush do well. M8s and Twin Cams.
I would call Rush. Pretty sure they have a 2in1.

The Fatcat works.
https://danddexhaust.com/2018-2019-W...ail-M8-Fat-Cat

Thrashin' Exhaust has these TDs and a 2in1 that works well. The use the same

​​​​

Old 11-30-2023, 04:36 AM
Harl36
Intermediate

I forgot you were on a softail. So am I. Unfortunately choices are limited. Cross under x pipes don't work. I'm in a twin cam build and run the Bassani Pro Streets. One of the few TDs that do well because of the stepped head pipes. They make them for M8s too.
The stock headpipes and slip ons like the Khromewerks or Rush do well. M8s and Twin Cams.
I would call Rush. Pretty sure they have a 2in1.

The Fatcat works.

Thrashin' Exhaust has these TDs and a 2in1 that works well. The use the same

Youtu.be/Up0_Aoxcowo
​​​​

yea heard d&d is great but I heard bassani great to am I better just sticking with the bassani 2-1. I mean the differences are probably so little hairs at that point, plus the black chrome would look good on my bike color scheme. What do ya think?

https://www.westendmotorsports.com/b...iABEgIPJ_D_BwE

Old 12-01-2023, 03:55 AM
60Gunner
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Harl36
yea heard d&d is great but I heard bassani great to am I better just sticking with the bassani 2-1. I mean the differences are probably so little hairs at that point, plus the black chrome would look good on my bike color scheme. What do ya think?

https://www.westendmotorsports.com/b...iABEgIPJ_D_BwE
The differences between the fatcat and that megaphone are a lot. The only thing they have in common us they're both 2in1s.
What do I think? There's another thread talking about the road rage 3 megaphone and someone who ran it says you can expect low end reversion with it. You're not better off. Buying an exhaust for looks is not better off but it's your bike. The fatcat will outperform it every time.

Last edited by 60Gunner; 12-01-2023 at 05:07 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Harl36 (12-01-2023)
Old 12-01-2023, 04:00 AM
Harl36
Intermediate

What do I think? There's another thread talking about the road rage and someone who ran it says you can bet on low end reversion with it. You're not better off. Buying an exhaust for looks is not better off but it's your bike. The fatcat will outperform every time.

so I guess get this bad boy in all black call it a day.

Old 12-01-2023, 06:53 AM
MattLS6
Road Captain
Received 441 Likes on 224 Posts

Not sure where in NY you are but if anywhere near Jersey…saw this on FB this morning. Seems to be around the Deptford area which is down towards Philly.