Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Khrome Werks Baffles

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2024, 08:57 PM
Yookdew
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Khrome Werks Baffles

I have a 2023 Street Glide ST with 117 motor. Currently stock other then Khrome Werks 4,5" HP slip on mufflers.

I want to put baffles in them to help with low end torque but I really like the way they sound with no baffles and hate to change the sound too much. I've tried listening to videos with the different baffles but it is hard to tell what they really sound like.

For those that have tried the different baffles, what is your thoughts on how they changed the sound? Also, how much do you think it helped the low and mid torque versus running without baffles?

Has anybody tried the DK Customs Thunder Torque Inserts?

Thanks

Old 04-29-2024, 09:10 PM
gonemad
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,800 Likes on 2,727 Posts

The word is that tuners prefer the baffles in the KW 4.5” cans, but I’m not a tuner.

These-
https://www.khromewerks.com/muffler-...nsert-202712p/

and these-
https://www.khromewerks.com/muffler-...nsert-202708p/

I’ve run both. Not much difference between the two, with the top ones being *slightly* louder, but only slightly

I thought those cans running without baffles sounded empty and hollow, but that’s just me. I grew up on straight drag pipes.

Last edited by gonemad; 04-29-2024 at 09:11 PM.
Old 04-30-2024, 10:08 PM
klammer76
Road Master
Received 258 Likes on 174 Posts

The Perforate Performance insert with the spoon works very well. Lift the tongue approx 1" and it's a good blend of performance and sound. I ran them in my KW Dominator 2-2 and I slightly modified one to run in my KW 2-1 Outlaw.

Old 05-01-2024, 01:28 PM
Yookdew
Intermediate

Thanks for the replies so far.

Has anybody tried any sort of lollipop like the DK Customs TTI? Just wondering how those sounds compared to he different baffles and how well they do bringing back the low/mid range torque.

Old 05-01-2024, 06:24 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,769 Likes on 778 Posts

DK TTIs work fantastically! They eliminated the off-idle torque dip when I had them installed in Reaper's V&H Straight Shots. They only lower the volume slightly, and give the exhaust a deeper tone.

Another option is the Khrome Werks HP-Plus Drag anti-reversion "dogballs" baffles. I've used those as well, and they do the same job, with a unique exhaust note, especially on decel, which I really dig!

Cheers!

Old 05-03-2024, 08:05 PM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,894 Likes on 1,497 Posts

The Ripper baffle is about the sound, with some loss of performance.

The louvered baffle will give you back the torque dip, and lower the volume a bunch. That’s what I have.

The performance baffles are good if you are going to do further tuning on the bike, and keep the torque, and give back some volume.

I did a CR 480MT cam, with a Bassani header. Above 3000 it really barks, below that level it has really good road manners. The volume increased slightly at idle, but the tone is awesome low bass, and a great lopey idle, love it.

Old 05-05-2024, 02:34 PM
Yookdew
Intermediate

I went ahead and ordered the DK Customs TTI'a to give them a try. After reading a lot of reviews of the different baffles made by Khrome Werks, I think it will lower the volume more than I want and I'm not sure I will like the tone. For now, I still have the stock headpipe with the CAT so these mufflers aren't real loud even without baffles.

I'll report back once I have the TTI's installed and see how they do with bringing back the low end torque and how they sound.

The following users liked this post:
Leimy (05-13-2024)
Old 05-06-2024, 06:56 AM
NEWROADSTER
HDF Community Team
Received 388 Likes on 151 Posts

I have all three sets. My preference on is the rippers, but you do loose some bottom end. I run a ripper in the left pipe and the performance baffle in the right with the spoon adjusted to about 1/2 way open. This combo seems to give a good sound and good performance. My bike was tuned with a louvered baffle in the right pipe but I just don't like the way it sounds.

Old 05-09-2024, 01:52 PM
Hamps
Tourer
Received 56 Likes on 26 Posts

Running KW slip-on on stock 117. Bought the louvered as recommended. Took them out due to liking the sound of just slip-on's. Will be adding a Woods 22XD within the month and Fuel Moto said to run the louvered so they will be going back in. The addition of the cam and FM 2/1/2 header should get me where I want to be for performance and sound.

Old 05-09-2024, 02:11 PM
NEWROADSTER
HDF Community Team
Received 388 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Hamps
Running KW slip-on on stock 117. Bought the louvered as recommended. Took them out due to liking the sound of just slip-on's. Will be adding a Woods 22XD within the month and Fuel Moto said to run the louvered so they will be going back in. The addition of the cam and FM 2/1/2 header should get me where I want to be for performance and sound.
You will be impressed with the cam upgrade for sure!
The same exhaust with the louvered baffle on my bike, with the same cam, makes a hissing air noise instead of a nice exhaust note. I may have a little more compression with the 128CI motor that a 114CI, but they just sounded weird to me. I took them out and cycled though all three types and then put them back in. I started it up aging and still did not like them. They just did not have the sound I was after. If you want to try several different baffles when your engine is done, let me know, I can loan you the ones I have to test.