Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

True duals with slipons- opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 07:48 AM
ronyd
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default True duals with slipons- opinions?

Well, I think I finally zoomed in on what I want for my 07' Deluxe. If anyone has issues from my selection, please don;t hestitate to chime in and let me know. I've been mulling this stuff over and over for months, so I think I did my homework.

My first thought was to be a little versatile in my selection. I 'm a plug'n'play kind of a guy, so the more options I got, the better, and switching out is a little less painful.

Secondly, not as much concerned with taking a little hit on performance, so looks was a factor, trying to stay with a mor nostalgic look (otherwise, I definitely would have gone with 2:1s).

Sooooo, I started with the True Dual headpipes. Could have gone with V&H, but everyone has them. So, looked at
Bassani TrueDual Power Curve
. They have a good reputation from what I've read on the forums. They responded to my questions in short order time. I now have plenty of options with any 1 3/4" slip-on muffler.

For slip-on mufflers, I had Screami' Eagle before on my Dueuce, they were Okay. I want a lower rumble sounding pipe. It's down to Rush 1.75" or Bub 7 Slip-on. Heard the rush sound clips from their website. I've heard and rode the Bub Rineharts. got the sound I like.

Anything I'm missing and any other recommendation of pipe selection , please let me know...

Old 06-04-2008, 08:07 AM
ronyd
Road Master
Default RE: True duals with slipons- opinions?

ooops, look above

Old 06-04-2008, 02:28 PM
ronyd
Road Master

Just got off the phone with Rick Bassani. Evidently, within the last few days since he told me that any 1-3/4" slip-on will work, they found a problem. They discovered that Softails are a different beast. they need to use a different backet setup, and therefore you can only use Bassani Slipons. Only the Dressers can interchange...

Old 06-04-2008, 03:43 PM
Lincolnhog
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am running the bassani slip ons,,,,and love 'em

Old 06-04-2008, 04:32 PM
extech
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well......I've installed the bassanis with S.E. FLSTS mufflers with no problem. so what did he say the problem is. as long as you use anyFLSTS heritage springer mufflers they will work.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:34 PM
ronyd
Road Master

hmmmm, extech. I'll shoot him an email in the morning and tell him about your setup and see what he has to say..

"How do you like the headers with the SEs?? Bassani quality good? Any problems with install?