Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Tapping noise.

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 07:10 PM
TakeNoCrap
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tapping noise.

I had my engine modified. 103 jugs. 585 cam. 10:5.1 pistons .Screamming eagle pro performer heads. True duels. pcIII. When i first crank the bike cold, it sounds great, but after it heats up , i have a distinctive tapping noise. You can slearly hear it running and at idle. I took it to the dealer and they said it was ok and nothing was wrong. It didnt tap like that before i got the mods. You can hear it well. So i took it back up and let them hear it when it was hot. They said it sounded normal but a guy listening to it right beside us said it was loose push rods and they needed adjusting. MAN ! WTF? Does anyone know what might be the deal with this situation ?

Old 06-04-2008, 07:51 PM
esyrdgcwby
Cruiser
Default RE: Tapping noise.

First off who did the work ? If it was the dealer then they should have someone check it out, Especially since your the customer, If they won't then go and speak to their GM if still no satisfaction then take it to another independant shop have them inspect it &amp\\; document what was found wrong, then take the bill back to the gm &amp\\; have him pay it , The only down fall is if they decide not to pay the bill,&nbsp\\; but you can always come back &amp\\; tell them you tried to give them the chance to correct the issue .

Old 06-04-2008, 08:15 PM
TakeNoCrap
Cruiser

I have issue believeing my shop. theyve lied to me in the past. thats why im on here asking

Old 06-04-2008, 10:37 PM
mentor70
Road Warrior

this is interesting, I just saw a S$S 103 yesterday and had a tapping/rattle rough idle situation. one tech told the owner it had a bad lifter. the owner told me that he got the first 2 S$S 103 kits made, (not sure how much truth there was in that statment).
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;He said that when he opened the kit, the barrels were not finish bored! and he had the tech&nbsp\\;finish hone &nbsp\\;them the week pryor to yesterday! the motor had around 200 miles on it!

Old 06-05-2008, 05:45 PM
TakeNoCrap
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: mentor70

this is interesting, I just saw a S$S 103 yesterday and had a tapping/rattle rough idle situation. one tech told the owner it had a bad lifter. the owner told me that he got the first 2 S$S 103 kits made, (not sure how much truth there was in that statment).
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;He said that when he opened the kit, the barrels were not finish bored! and he had the tech&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;finish hone &nbsp\\;\\\\\\;them the week pryor to yesterday! the motor had around 200 miles on it!
&nbsp\\;
No S&amp\\;S jugs or heads. this is harley parts except the cam.