Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Velocity Stacks

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 01:07 PM
HaggisMan14
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Velocity Stacks

I'm relatively new to the world of motorcycles and have a question about intakes. I have a 1999 Sportster Sport with SE slip-ons. I love the sound, and feel that it's got quite a bit of power. The intake is still stock. I have been looking at some various intakes, and really have no idea what would be best. I see some of the big bike builders bolting on Velocity stacks for their intakes, but I know that these do not have any sort of air filter...i'm assuming this can lead to engine damage from debris?

Just curious what sort of intakes are the best. Some sort of big cone intake, the stock intake with a K&N filter, some sort of Kuryakyn filter (i hear the hyperchargers aren't all that great b/c they don't really take in all that much air when you're actually out riding). I'd love to add some extra power to my bike, I jus thave no idea what the best way to do it is... Thanks.

Marc

Old 04-18-2006, 08:40 PM
but Ill try 2 try
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Velocity Stacks

Definitely need to have a filter on their. I think any SE or Alen Ness with a K&N or even stock filter is going to flow enough air to keep your engine inhaling. A good aftermarket is def. an improvement over stock, but at some point free flowing reaches it's full potential. I'm thinking of a SE minus the football with exposed K&N wrapped with K&N's foam outer cover.