Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

ANYONE?!?! know how to get MORE noise out of vance & hines ovals? FIGURED IT OUT!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 02:07 AM
toolbox
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ANYONE?!?! know how to get MORE noise out of vance & hines ovals? FIGURED IT OUT!

I recently installed some Vance & Hines oval slipons---Like the performance, but want more sound. Has anyone tried modifying the baffles to achieve more sound & still have some back pressure?? I removed them today & noted bad hesitation on roll on throttle (obviously) and LOVED the sound! But still was curious if anyone tried mods on them yet?? Maybe driving freeze plug in baffle sideways some, or I was thinking about cutting an area out of the baffle or drilling several holes???? Just looking for opinions if any. I know I could get louder slipons--but these are paid for dont ya know. Any opinions apreciated, thanks all. I have read many treads in this forum about mods but havent found any answers so to speak.
TOOLBOX

[IMG]local://upfiles/11196/C8E73C0DC23C417A8259A43231D4940B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-22-2006, 03:20 AM
wlbowers
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 97 Likes on 40 Posts
Default RE: Anyone know how to get MORE noise out of vance & hines ovals?

Don't do it.

Old 07-22-2006, 02:11 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

BS...i've cut on mine and tried lots of configurations...my latest and favorite is to cut in in half...take the half that isnt threaded and cut the 4" cone at the solid "neck up" area...then tack weld that onto the other half...i drilled 3 half inch holes in the back and that killed the whistling sound they made by allowing an escape for gases...rode it for awihle with no packing, but have since reinstalled the packing...it sounds great [8D]

Old 07-23-2006, 02:27 AM
toolbox
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SIMPLE modification! Removed baffle--everythings welded up so instead of cutting welds & re-welding---I was able to punch a hole in the welded freeze plug (Been done a million times on other pipes) & made it about 5/8 inch in center of plug. Didnt get a idle change in sound but gained alittle , noticable difference on acelleration sound and am satisified as can be for know! Thanks for the reply Bryan TTM, I almost starting cutting up the baffle but said F#@& it! And tried the easy way fisrt. LOL Have a great day everyone.
TOOLBOX

Old 07-23-2006, 01:48 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

great...when you want more(like i did), gaurantee you'll be hackin on it(i did)