Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

107" kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 10:44 AM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I am a big fan of the 95" engines, they are very quick revvers when set up properly. There is no substitution for cubic inches, but unless wanting to spend a lot more money, I would stick with a 95 and put a good package together to really make it run. If looking at packages, go here: www.protwin.com to learn more about available packges from HQ. There are also many others that put a nice package together so it pays to do your homework.

Old 10-25-2010, 12:46 PM
matt816
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BadBagger08
Really you had to have it converted to the timken the way some are talking in here you should have already had one. Why would you pay for something that wasn't needed. Or maybe someone doesn't know there head from their (_}_) and hey that could just be me. I guess

Someone set the record straight.........someone that we can all trust...... Hillside.....Scott?
Who are you bro? Stirring the pot just to be an ***! Mines an 05 fxsts carbed bike. YES I had the conversion to a Timken done because I was splitting the cases to go to a 107" all bore application. Insurance, expensive, but none the less, I do not have to worry about the roller bearing being my weak link. Timkens were used up to 02 bikes, yes the sleeve had to be machined to my cases. Who are you to give advice on a topic you know nothing about!? Just because you read something on here doesn't make you an expert, and believe me I'm no expert. I've just worked hand in hand with my local machinist/builder on 2 builds. The new SE120r doen't come with a Timken just the new "lefty" roller setup. Im not saying anything is wrong with that bearing, far superior to the factory one on my stock 88 motor. I went Timken because I dont want to have to buy a new crank and trash my new motor just because I launch it too hard and bend my crank. Again, get your facts straight and learn a thing or two before you speak!!!

Old 10-25-2010, 02:40 PM
BadBagger08
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

matt816: didn't mean nofin towards you bro.

and now Scott set the record straight with me.

Look I just didn't and didn't understand why HD would have installed Timkens in early motors and not their SE 120R motors or the SE race cases. This is supposed to be their top of the line shelf parts.

I'm here to learn everything I can about Harleys, I love my bike, the blue light special (ty 4 the complement wurk_truk, those R some nice Vett's you had at 1 time 2), and I like every1 else bike to boot 2.

Last edited by BadBagger08; 10-25-2010 at 02:46 PM.