Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

98 build before and after dynos

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 08:52 AM
Hillsidecycle.com
Sponsor
Received 816 Likes on 581 Posts

Not bragging, but the dyno evidence of that head is there, as not only does it pull out into the big rpm zone, but it does not "curl" over either.
Wish we would've used that HPI 55mm on the American Iron Magazine bike.
Scott

Sales/Support 315-495-6650
www.hillsidecycle.com
Walk-in Retail Showroom
Complete H-D Machine Shop
Case & cylinder boring
Complete Cylinder Head Shop
High-Performance Engine Kits
Crank Rebuilding
Direct Link & PowerVision Tuning
Goodson HD Tooling Manufacturer
Maxton Mile World Record
4500 sq ft. facility

OVER 35 YEARS OF H-D ENGINE BUILDING.
See us on Facebook.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:56 PM
Crazy Canuck
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I do have the complete package, 95" Sport touring with HVP heads, 575 cams, Daytona ignition with HQ map and supermegs. I recently changed my 42 Mikuni for an SE44mm, maybe that'll bring in more air, I'll see on the dyno soon. But I dought it'll be anything close to 134hp with 120tq...

Originally Posted by cruisinmann
I think a lot more had to do with the head work that Scott did than the additional 3".But it all adds up,setting the engine up with all components complimenting each other is the key. As you can see in the dynos there also was big increase in changing pipe which allowed a bigger tb and the combo really let those heads breathe.

He did my brothers bike and the numbers are similiar. I wasn't a 2-1 fan but if you really want the most out of a build I think it shows its the way to go.

And hats off to Joe he knows how to find every bit of power there is

Old 03-11-2011, 02:27 PM
cruisinmann
Road Warrior
Received 1,807 Likes on 627 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
I do have the complete package, 95" Sport touring with HVP heads, 575 cams, Daytona ignition with HQ map and supermegs. I recently changed my 42 Mikuni for an SE44mm, maybe that'll bring in more air, I'll see on the dyno soon. But I dought it'll be anything close to 134hp with 120tq...
When I went from a 88 to a 95 I had se251 cams and comp was 10.25 with only that and nothing else I had 90/90 .After that I sent it up to Hillside and the first dyno was the difference with Scott working original heads to a stage 3,woods8g /boring to 98 with weisco pistons. Comp set at 10.8.That jumped my numbers to 113tq/115hp.which I thought was awesome and it was.
This year decided to do the rest and Scott did a little a little more to the heads added the 55hpi manifold and fatcat and I had another huge jump in numbers.
I can't take credit for anything I talked with Scott at length about what I wanted and he gave me his thoughts and what to expect with what was going to be done and his estimates of the results were very conservative.I was pleasantly surprised.
I'm sure you have done this but I spend some time on the phone talking with people who do this for a living and maybe they can give you some tips on how to tweek a little more power out of your build

Old 03-11-2011, 09:17 PM
Crazy Canuck
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm currently at 10.5:1 myself right now. My tech here in Montreal is one of the better guys around, we both agree that there's probably another 5 to 10 hp and perhaps another 5 to 8 tq in the build somewhere. But I dought to get anything close to what you got. That is amazing!! My buddy put the R&R 131" billet 2 in his bagger and he's getting your kind of hp but with 20 more tq.

Originally Posted by cruisinmann
When I went from a 88 to a 95 I had se251 cams and comp was 10.25 with only that and nothing else I had 90/90 .After that I sent it up to Hillside and the first dyno was the difference with Scott working original heads to a stage 3,woods8g /boring to 98 with weisco pistons. Comp set at 10.8.That jumped my numbers to 113tq/115hp.which I thought was awesome and it was.
This year decided to do the rest and Scott did a little a little more to the heads added the 55hpi manifold and fatcat and I had another huge jump in numbers.
I can't take credit for anything I talked with Scott at length about what I wanted and he gave me his thoughts and what to expect with what was going to be done and his estimates of the results were very conservative.I was pleasantly surprised.
I'm sure you have done this but I spend some time on the phone talking with people who do this for a living and maybe they can give you some tips on how to tweek a little more power out of your build

Old 03-12-2011, 11:01 AM
Hillsidecycle.com
Sponsor

Jarz Performance, Abottsford, BC, saw 130 hp on a carbed 95"er/Wood 9B about 10 years ago.
We just happened to pull it out of an 8 cam, with 3 more inches, and EFI.
Scott

Old 03-12-2011, 04:10 PM
cruisinmann
Road Warrior
Received 1,807 Likes on 627 Posts

Took it out today for a bit, 1st to second is a heart thumper.Roll on power at 65 to 100 is quick and when you hold off at 100 then open it up the speedo is buried in a matter of seconds. Its enough for me I'm happy,very smooth running too.

Old 03-12-2011, 06:36 PM
Crazy Canuck
Outstanding HDF Member

Dude, you're the best! getting 134hp and 120tq out of a 98" engine on pump gas is just amazing! What's with the American flag though??

Originally Posted by Hillsidecyclecom
Jarz Performance, Abottsford, BC, saw 130 hp on a carbed 95"er/Wood 9B about 10 years ago.
We just happened to pull it out of an 8 cam, with 3 more inches, and EFI.
Scott

Last edited by Crazy Canuck; 03-13-2011 at 03:45 AM.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:00 AM
Hillsidecycle.com
Sponsor

Always put some kind of smile at the end of a message.
Just happen to use that, as all the rest(unless a search was conducted) were either frowns, or just plain dumb.
I hope your not thinking, what I think you are??
Scott

Old 03-13-2011, 02:54 PM
Crazy Canuck
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm just thinking I need to get in touch with your dyno tuner to put what's left on the table back into my engine...

Old 03-13-2011, 06:43 PM
Hillsidecycle.com
Sponsor

Quick Reply: 98 build before and after dynos