Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Competition Hillside 98" Build vs. Fuel Moto 98" Build - Dyno Maps Please

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 09:54 PM
RoadKingGibson
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98" Builds Only - Dyno Maps Please

Please post your 98" builds with dyno sheets. I know there is a dyno sheet thread but it's not specific. Any size engine is in there. Lets focus on the 98" big bore kits because there are quite a few out there today.

I won't be able to contribute a dyno sheet until May/June of 2012. As you know it get's cold up here in Canada and the local dyno shop does not have a heat exchanger so they do not do any dyno runs until it warms up.

I know there are so many different variables on a build like cams, intake, injectors, compression, maps, exhaust, etc. But if you put all your build info into your response we can get a good idea of what parts = certain outcomes.

So: Post your dyno sheet. Provide specific build info (cams, programmer, compression etc.) and any other info you think would be relevant.

Last edited by RoadKingGibson; 12-30-2011 at 09:59 AM.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:13 PM
djl
HDF Community Team

Received 2,044 Likes on 1,507 Posts

I doubt this will be fun and I, for one, won't participate because it won't mean or prove squat. There are too many variables to make any such comparison fair. Furhtermore, you can dyno the same build on the same dyno on different days and see a significant variance. IMHO, a worthless exercise.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:19 PM
RoadKingGibson
Advanced

Wow DJL. You're a Debbie Downer. If you don't have anything worth posting, then don't post.

Old 12-30-2011, 12:27 AM
Crazy Canuck
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

From what I've researched, you did well to go with Hillside. As for the Dyno variance, which is true, I'm sure we're wise enough to caculate an average of all the dyno tunes... I would put my money on Scott!!

Originally Posted by RoadKingGibson
Wow DJL. You're a Debbie Downer. If you don't have anything worth posting, then don't post.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:46 AM
roadkingharry
Road Captain
Received 48 Likes on 20 Posts

Generally, I don't think it's a good idea to pit one sponsor against the other. The members appreciate the free technical advice given to them by these professionals. I understand your intent to make this a fun exercise but there are just way too many variables to consider to make this any sort of scientific result, particularly when riders are doing much of the mechanical work themselves. For those who may be interested, there is a dyno thread on the softail forum that details components and builders.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:54 AM
RoadKingGibson
Advanced

Then I'm going to update the title of this thread to 98" builds Dyno Maps. Regardless of machine shop. Let's get them all in here.

Old 12-30-2011, 11:43 AM
djl
HDF Community Team

Received 2,044 Likes on 1,507 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadKingGibson

Sorry but as a member of the forum, I will post as I see fit; you don't get to decide what posts are worth posting.

The subject line of your OP reads " Competition Hillside 98" Build vs. Fuel Moto 98" Build - Dyno Maps Please" which attempts to set up a competition between two forum sponsors which, IMHO, is a bad idea.

The only way to accurately compare the two bulids would be to set out specific criteria. The parameters of the build would have to be well defined i.e.; what would be the limits of the head work; compression; what would be the parameters for the cams; what would be the parameters for the air intake and exhaust; how would you compare dynos from a five speed bike against a six speed bike; what fuel management system would be specified; both engines would have to be tuned on the same dyno on the same day; the list goes on. Without tight parameters on the two builds, the results are meaningless.

If you want to see and compare various builds and dyno results, the proper way to do that is to have the forum admin setup a Dyno section where forum members can post dyno sheets and the details of their build.

Last edited by djl; 12-30-2011 at 06:07 PM.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:58 PM
Crazy Canuck
Outstanding HDF Member

I say nice try RoadKingGibson. Unfortunately, you'll find out like I have, who thinks they are the authorities and the know it alls around here. Some guys need to chill out and let other people enjoy this web site if they like the topics or not...

Old 12-30-2011, 08:58 PM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Crazy. I am sorry you feel that way. This IS serious business. Folks like Hillsides and Fuelmoto make their livings off of a whole lot of forum members and, some of us simply think of it as wrong to pit two well respected shops against each other.

Think about this, ESPECIALLY if you are self employed... how would any of you guys like it if we did this to YOU and your competition ONLINE.

Surely... one can do what he wants, but I feel this is NOT a good idea. I AM a dick. Some of you know that about me. There, actually isn't much I would enjoy watching more than how this kind of deal would seriously out of hand. But... in the end... this IS folks livelyhoods, and fellow members to boot.

Last edited by wurk_truk; 12-30-2011 at 09:01 PM.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:43 PM
Crazy Canuck
Outstanding HDF Member

Actually I am self employed in the field of printing and I have to deal with people trying to undercut my pricing, stealing my sales reps and employes on a daily bases. Probably no other business is as cut throat. I deal with these people personally and don't need anybody trying to score some points with me by trying to do my dirty work for me. This guy had no bad intentions in posting this thread, so yeah, I think some people need to chill out with their power tripping and telling people what to do. I might be mistaken, but I don't think being a sponser means you own the web site...

Mike

Originally Posted by wurk_truk
Crazy. I am sorry you feel that way. This IS serious business. Folks like Hillsides and Fuelmoto make their livings off of a whole lot of forum members and, some of us simply think of it as wrong to pit two well respected shops against each other.

Think about this, ESPECIALLY if you are self employed... how would any of you guys like it if we did this to YOU and your competition ONLINE.

Surely... one can do what he wants, but I feel this is NOT a good idea. I AM a dick. Some of you know that about me. There, actually isn't much I would enjoy watching more than how this kind of deal would seriously out of hand. But... in the end... this IS folks livelyhoods, and fellow members to boot.

Last edited by Crazy Canuck; 12-31-2011 at 12:19 AM.

Quick Reply: Competition Hillside 98" Build vs. Fuel Moto 98" Build - Dyno Maps Please