Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Which fuel controller?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 08:41 AM
txaviator03_09Ultra_04RK
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see a lot of advocates for the PC V. I've seen many people use PC units. I am looking to install Rinehart True Duals on my 09 Ultra. Would it be safe to install the pipes and PC V and Map it and ride? Will it hurt the Engine if I do not get the correct map? Will the PC V come with Maps to choose from?

Old 02-17-2013, 10:11 AM
Weevil
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by txaviator03_09Ultra_04RK
Would it be safe to install the pipes and PC V and Map it and ride?
If by "map" you mean a canned map from either Dynojet or the vendor you purchased it from, you should be okay to ride the bike.

Will it hurt the Engine if I do not get the correct map?
It might run like crap, but I doubt you'd do any real damage.

Will the PC V come with Maps to choose from?
If you decide to go with a PC V, do yourself a favor and get it from Jamie at Fuel Moto. He should be able to create a Fuel Map for the way your bike's set up. If you decide not to get it from him, this is right on his web page;

PLEASE NOTE: If you have purchased a Power Commander, Power Vision, or other Dynojet product from another dealer other than Fuel Moto and need map or technical support please contact Dynojet at 800-992-4993 or www.powercommander.com
Dynojet itself doesn't invest a lot of time in developing maps for it's customers bikes. Sorta like a one size fits all attitude. Just the way it is.

Old 02-17-2013, 01:47 PM
djl
HDF Community Team

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,538 Posts

Originally Posted by GGutierrez
Just changed my stock air cleaner to a screaming eagle high flow cone. What's better buy? Vance Hines fuel pak or power pro auto tuner? Have vance hines side shots. Thanks for the info!
You don't need a sophisticated fuel management system for a Stage I upgrade, unless you just want one and are prepared to spend the money for a dyno tune. Don't bother with downloads; if you have a more sophisticated system, spend the money for a dyno tune.

Or, take a breath, ask yourself if you plan to go beyond a Stage I upgrade, i.e. heads, cams, bigger bore, more compression, etc. If you have no such plans for the near future, save yourself some money and go with a less sophisticated and less expensive option. IMHO, Dobeck is way out in front of the pack with their Gen3 or Gen4 system. DIY install, DIY tuning, great customer service and a lot cheaper than a more shophisticated system and dyno time.

There is no substitute for a full on dyno tune, just saying that you don't NEED one to optimize Stage I configuration; the cost/benefit is just not there. As usual, JMHO.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:26 AM
thebarzeen
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It depends how far you want to go....

I have the same upgrades on my cop glide but will probably want cams and maybe more eventually so I went with the power vision with a fuel moto map.

It runs way better now, keeps pulling above 3500, and runs cooler.....

If you just plan on air and exhaust you might be able to get the same with a cheaper tuner, but I like how the Power Vision flashes the ECM then goes back in the box and not stashed on the bike where it could eventually fail.