Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

Did the POD go missing?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 09:31 AM
keith_stepp
Banned
Received 1,505 Likes on 1,077 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
" I am all for people staying informed and up on current events. The POD is not a good way to do that BTW " ... I beg to differ ... Wild, outlandish and unsubstantiated statements will instill a curiosity to investigate the "claim" and will, in the end, make the person a more well informed individual :>)
So, if the goal was to learn how to repair your dishwasher (my upper rack adjustment bracket broke the other day), would you appreciate being misdirected, deliberately misinformed, and distracted by sensationalist nonsense while you were trying to figure out how to get it fixed?

Not me. In fact, it took me just about 5 minutes of Googling to find a video that showed me how to repair it myself. A couple of clicks later, I bought the parts on Amazon (which cost about the same as a good burger) and the next day, after the parts were delivered (Amazon is amazing), I watched the same video again to remind myself how to remove the old parts and install the new ones. I don't pay for Google either and it literally saved me over a hundred dollars in service call fees and over priced parts. My time is worth something though and I would have gladly paid a pro to fix my dishwasher if I had to deal with the same kind of sh*t trying to fix it myself that I had to deal with in the POD.

Old 09-07-2018, 09:33 AM
FLYING_BURRITO_BROTHER
NOT A MODERATOR
Received 20,402 Likes on 7,991 Posts

Originally Posted by laz
I will say, I’ve checked in on the POD a couple times; it has absolutely become an echo chamber and it appears everyone is enjoying it. I have no plans to ruin the party.
They oughta just rename it Lionsm13 Meme Stream. I wonder how long it'll take until he starts responding to his own posts.

The following 3 users liked this post by FLYING_BURRITO_BROTHER:
71on72 (09-07-2018), Advocatus Diaboli (09-07-2018), BBM (09-08-2018)
Old 09-07-2018, 09:34 AM
keith_stepp
Banned

Originally Posted by stixvrad
I see you have a Mountain Dew can photo and that's about it.
I do? While I do love Mt Dew, I thought I deleted everything. Will have to check it out.

ETA
Cool. Thanks! Problem solved.

Last edited by keith_stepp; 09-07-2018 at 09:36 AM.
Old 09-07-2018, 09:43 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 48,070 Likes on 18,670 Posts

Originally Posted by keith_stepp
So, if the goal was to learn how to repair your dishwasher (my upper rack adjustment bracket broke the other day), would you appreciate being misdirected, deliberately misinformed, and distracted by sensationalist nonsense while you were trying to figure out how to get it fixed?

Not me. In fact, it took me just about 5 minutes of Googling to find a video that showed me how to repair it myself. A couple of clicks later, I bought the parts on Amazon (which cost about the same as a good burger) and the next day, after the parts were delivered (Amazon is amazing), I watched the same video again to remind myself how to remove the old parts and install the new ones. I don't pay for Google either and it literally saved me over a hundred dollars in service call fees and over priced parts. My time is worth something though and I would have gladly paid a pro to fix my dishwasher if I had to deal with the same kind of sh*t trying to fix it myself that I had to deal with in the POD.
Your analogy/comparative further exhibits the insatiable desire to further your premise that yours and only your suggestions, references and sources are the ones that a person should subscribe too ... Obviously if one was curious enough to further investigate a subject they'd be intelligent and resourceful enough to consider more than one venue ... even if it was a "dishwasher"

Old 09-07-2018, 09:44 AM
Super Glidester
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 17,622 Likes on 9,825 Posts

Did the P O D go missing ?...no, it went "Exclusive..."

Old 09-07-2018, 10:12 AM
keith_stepp
Banned

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
Your analogy/comparative further exhibits the insatiable desire to further your premise that yours and only your suggestions, references and sources are the ones that a person should subscribe too ... Obviously if one was curious enough to further investigate a subject they'd be intelligent and resourceful enough to consider more than one venue ... even if it was a "dishwasher"
Exactly not true. In fact, I thought I made it pretty obvious that I defer to authoritative sources of information: instructions on the back of the popcorn bag, and subject matter expert Whirlpool dishwasher repair technician. I have zero interest in wasting my time with anything that is not an authoritative source. In the POD, if you haven't been able to figure out who the trolls are by now, you never will, and I couldn't possibly care less if you do or not. Not my circus. Not my monkeys.

Old 09-07-2018, 10:22 AM
CanadianRocky
Club Member
Received 20,351 Likes on 9,016 Posts

Exactly not true. In fact, I thought I made it pretty obvious that I defer to authoritative sources of information: instructions on the back of the popcorn bag, and subject matter expert Whirlpool dishwasher repair technician. I have zero interest in wasting my time with anything that is not an authoritative source. In the POD, if you haven't been able to figure out who the trolls are by now, you never will, and I couldn't possibly care less if you do or not. Not my circus. Not my monkeys.
Bullshit. The mere fact you spent as much time in POD as you did, proves the opposite. It is, was not and never will be an authority on anything....ever. It’s Pure entertainment value, and most often not all that entertaining.

The following users liked this post:
sailmotion (09-07-2018)
Old 09-07-2018, 10:24 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 48,070 Likes on 18,670 Posts

Originally Posted by CanadianRocky2

Bullshit. The mere fact you spent as much time in POD as you did, proves the opposite. It is, was not and never will be an authority on anything....ever. It’s Pure entertainment value, and most often not all that entertaining.
The mere fact you spent as much time in POD as you did, proves the opposite.

B I N G O !!

The following 2 users liked this post by Uncle Larry:
CanadianRocky (09-07-2018), Cowboy Rob (09-07-2018)
Old 09-07-2018, 10:27 AM
keith_stepp
Banned

Originally Posted by CanadianRocky2
Bullshit. The mere fact you spent as much time in POD as you did, proves the opposite.
lol

Your powers of deductive reasoning are underwhelming.

Old 09-07-2018, 10:30 AM
CanadianRocky
Club Member
Received 20,351 Likes on 9,016 Posts

lol

Your powers of deductive reasoning are underwhelming.
Really, that’s the best you got?