Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

Moderator help sketchy at best!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2018, 10:24 AM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,918 Likes on 6,258 Posts

IBTL = In Before The Lock.
Something we like to do that is completely unhelpful while getting credit for the post count.

Old 11-05-2018, 10:48 AM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,039 Likes on 3,711 Posts

That's not up to the moderators. It's up to Internet Brands who owns HD Forums. I can put the question out there, but demanding that a moderator answers that kind of question is not realistic.

The following users liked this post:
roadkinglobo (11-05-2018)
Old 11-05-2018, 11:14 AM
Sarah93003
Club Member
Received 30,067 Likes on 6,791 Posts

Originally Posted by roadkinglobo
Just curious about something and not looking to start a kafluffful. Anyone else have issue with trying to get a Moderator to help with editing ads on the Classified links? Had one that was out and out rude; even after I had provided step by step instructions on how to access my ad. Wrote to Terry the Troll Killer and and that was basically a waste of time - not even a response. Tried contacting a female moderator thinking maybe that might work faster but again - not even a response. Chicken on a Chain was the absolute best person to deal with: friendly, polite and right on the mark; and now he's out. Probably burnt out from doing everyone else's job. If the Moderators are going to be terse and take the attitude that we're imposing on them for some service; then perhaps the organizers of HD Forum should review their policy and let ppl edit their own classified ads. Especially little things like price changes, adding pics etc and especially ppl that have been long time members in good standing. Jeezus makes you feel like you're in kindergarten and asking permission to go to the washroom. I realize that someone might have screwed with the policy in some way which brought the "no-editing" policy about; but how about dealing with it on an individual basis. We're all adults here? I wonder if others feel this way and just haven't said anything. Again this is not meant to stir up the sh barrel so Uncle Larry, read it in the light that it was written, lol.

Thoughts?
RKLobo
As far as I know, ChickenOnAChain is still an active Moderator. Terry the Troll Killer is not. Personally, I've wondered why there is a time limit to edit a post and I think this will make a good discussion in the Moderator Room. Izzo already started a thread on it. In the meantime, I don't mind making edits for people and have done so when asked. Just an FYI for folks, Moderators do not receive compensation and we basically do our "duties" because we care about the forum. With that in mind, using the PM feature is probably the quickest route to reach a Mod. The Report button does it as well. I am not logged on all day long and especially on weekends my time online is short. Something to consider. Most of the forums have a list of Moderators. I did not see this list in the Classified area so that is something we can add.

Old 11-05-2018, 11:33 AM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,632 Likes on 1,177 Posts

There is some logic in not being able to edit a classified ad.... it keeps someone from going back & editing the item or description after a sale. Becomes part of the contract in a sense.

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click HERE For all Twin Cams and Evo Big Twins & Sportsters

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 11-05-2018, 11:36 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,968 Likes on 18,637 Posts

Originally Posted by ROCKOUT Rocker Products
There is some logic in not being able to edit a classified ad.... it keeps someone from going back & editing the item or description after a sale. Becomes part of the contract in a sense.

For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click HERE For all Twin Cams and Evo Big Twins & Sportsters
Makes sense ... I never looked at it that way

Old 11-05-2018, 12:03 PM
roadkinglobo
Supporter
Received 75 Likes on 57 Posts

obviously me neither. Good point. Those that have no scruples might do something like that - which in turn screws it up for the majority of ppl that are just trying to get rid of items that they no longer need.

Old 11-05-2018, 12:17 PM
roadkinglobo
Supporter
Received 75 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by IzzoQuazzo
That's not up to the moderators. It's up to Internet Brands who owns HD Forums. I can put the question out there, but demanding that a moderator answers that kind of question is not realistic.
I wasn't demanding, let me be straight on that. I don't usually demand anything; I was inquiring if it was possible to consider. And now that you've made it clear that Internet Brands owns HD Forums, perhaps if you or one of the other Mods can put forth the suggestion to them; it would be very much appreciated. I wonder if this Group owns the Road Glide Forum - no such policy exists there.

Regards,
RKLobo

Last edited by roadkinglobo; 11-05-2018 at 02:31 PM.
Old 11-05-2018, 12:20 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,039 Likes on 3,711 Posts

It has been submitted.

Old 11-05-2018, 12:24 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,344 Likes on 11,169 Posts

Good point. Also, a few folks were notorious for stirring up a crap storm by their post. Then when everyone came unglued the troll would go back and edit their vile post. So, unless someone did a copy reply, it looked like the responders were the idiots. Now iRd another example of punish the 95% for the vile 5%.

Old 11-05-2018, 09:18 PM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,045 Likes on 2,824 Posts

Not a valid point because when an edit is made it's noted in the post by date and time as are all posts and PM's. Any changes after the fact would be noted.

Quick Reply: Moderator help sketchy at best!