General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flame on.......

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 10:08 PM
HDmikie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 112 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
Well, I'll give you my two cents...

Just because red is my favorite color doesn't mean I can't like green.

Just because peach is my favorite flavor doesn't mean I can't like cherry.

Just because tall, tan, curvy brunettes are my favorite doesn't mean I'd kick a hot blonde out of bed.

Having a favorite doesn't eliminate all the other choices forever.
Good answer.....especially the part about the hot blond.

Old 11-14-2014, 02:45 AM
agove
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by casique
Its part of the growing up process. I started with a Dyna, moved to a Road King, and now have a Street Glide.... Get it over with early and buy a Street Glide right off the bat, and you will save lots of money even if you move on to a Limited or similar later on in life.
It's not part of a growing up process at all. It's personal preference. Just because you own a street glide doesn't make you superior to every other bike out there, and I'll edit that part out and be nice.

My first harley was a 01 super glide and I loved it. Ended up trading it for a brand new wide glide. Few months later I came across an awesome deal on a road king so I bought it and kept the wide glide. About a year later I sold the road king for financial reasons and ended up finding a used nightster for a really good price so I bought it. The 1200 was really fun, but sucked for long distance so I tried selling it. Had the damn thing on cl for 5 months priced less than any nightster in the area and surrounding areas. I ended up having to trade it in at the dealer on a 1990 fxrs which I've been wanting for years time.

While the sporty was a really fun bike I always find myself running back to the dyna line up. If it weren't so damn hard to sell sportsters I would probably pick up another some day, but I won't unless I get it for next to nothing. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the sportster line up. They're fun reliable quick little bikes, but I prefer a dyna over any harley model out. If I were to buy a bagger it would be a road glide (not the new one though) but I would never trade my dyna to get one. I would rather tour on my dyna which I have.

Last edited by agove; 11-14-2014 at 02:52 AM.
Old 11-14-2014, 02:57 AM
Nickatnyt
Road Warrior
Received 123 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark@ Baker Drivetrain
This is our marketing director, she has been around motorcycles her whole life, she could afford any bike. So she she chose a chics bike.

Didn't I see her on the the cover of a bike rag? If not then I should have cuz that's pretty bad A right there and would put any pirate, poser or wallet biker to shame (including myself )

Old 11-14-2014, 05:29 AM
mrmarklin
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 45 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by HDmikie
Why do people buy Sportsters? Craigslist is full of them. Guys and gals buy them, then 6 months later they're for sale with 500 miles on them. I don't get it. Sure, they're Harley's......Hell, I had one myself back in the 70's. Not trying to offend anyone, just don't get it. Enough rant.
So you post this the same day I ordered my Sportster Seventy-Two.

I'm now doubting my manhood.

I thought I needed a second bike to use exclusively at my country property. But apparently not.

Old 11-14-2014, 05:38 AM
203Cree
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I loved my Sporty so much I'm trying to get my Dyna to be more like it. I'd still have it had the wife been able to ride her own. As it was it just wasn't quite comfortable enough for both of us with all our crap on longer trips.

Old 11-14-2014, 05:41 AM
mjrfd99
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,415 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by HDmikie
I don't get it, just don't get it. .
Obviously.
see sig.

Old 11-14-2014, 05:43 AM
Village Idiot™
Stellar HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

Because they’re dumb and fall for the “Sportsters are beginner bikes” line that they hear over and over again without realizing that a Sportster 1200 until recently, and maybe even currently, is faster than or as fast as all big twins.

Old 11-14-2014, 07:54 AM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,856 Likes on 1,287 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickatnyt
Didn't I see her on the the cover of a bike rag? If not then I should have cuz that's pretty bad A right there and would put any pirate, poser or wallet biker to shame (including myself )
Yea she has been in a few different magazines.

Old 11-14-2014, 05:47 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

HDmike. One: because I can and Two: The activity is called collecting. I just replaced the Ural with a 15 Freewheeler to have a HD trike in my collection. Also read your own post. Your claim was that folks buy Sportsters and sell them 6 months latter. I'm glad that you acknowledged that you were wrong though.

Last edited by lh4x4; 11-15-2014 at 04:14 PM.
Old 11-14-2014, 07:17 PM
jmale1972
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=agove;13416061]
...........It's not part of a growing up process at all. It's personal preference. Just because you own a street glide doesn't make you superior to every other bike out there.....

I could afford/bought any Harley I wanted but chose a bike that loves RPM's - out of town back road/twisty riding. I don't ride on the Interstate unless I have to, and always solo, my wife doesn't ride. I love my girly bike.......